Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-21, 11:50 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
I found this preview of the Bodyball workout on Gaia, where it is apparently streamable?

And this YouTube video labeled the Body Sculpting workout.

But we know Gaiam/Gaia are horrible about workout names, so I have no idea what's what here.
Yes! The Bodyball workout is the one I wish was on DVD. But it's on Gaia.
The body sculpting ball is not weighted, but it's on DVD and youtube.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 12:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
And this YouTube video labeled the Body Sculpting workout.
this one uses an "air-filled" ball.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 12:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

here's a VF review of the bodyball workout (it describes the ball as 1#, and the user also tried using one of Leslie's 3# balls to intensify):
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=1661

this is another review, but the user spelled it as "body ball" (2 words) but it's clear it's the weighted ball. it's described as 4" diameter:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=326

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 04-30-21, 07:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

What the reviews don't mention is the amazing variety of moves, and the pace which moves along but not at a frenetic pace. Not everyone wants the toughest possible workout every single time. The controlled breathing is very calming, and I sleep very well after this one. I have done it with one ball, and with two. My recent round of beachbody's Muscle Burns Fat gave me an appreciation of using weight on one side at a time -- it makes the core work more.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 07:59 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
What the reviews don't mention is the amazing variety of moves, and the pace which moves along but not at a frenetic pace. Not everyone wants the toughest possible workout every single time. The controlled breathing is very calming, and I sleep very well after this one. I have done it with one ball, and with two. My recent round of beachbody's Muscle Burns Fat gave me an appreciation of using weight on one side at a time -- it makes the core work more.
i really want to find it now! i have many workouts by Ana.

Old 04-30-21, 08:09 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I want all of these ball workouts now. I like Ana and ball workouts and don't have any of hers. Maybe I'll start by doing the one on YouTube. I have plenty of balls, being a long-term member in good standing of VF.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 08:27 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

ok, so i found a vhs of this workout on Amazon and purchased it. hope the sale goes through.

the lightest weighted ball i have is a 3# one. i have a 2# soft weighted glove.

anyone know of any places online that sell a 1# ball?

Stott pilates on Amazon sells them in pairs.

Old 04-30-21, 08:36 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Sorry, jeannine, I don't. I have the Stott ones in 1 and 2 pounds. But if you got those then you could get the Stott toning ball workouts. But they're light upper body, not Pilates. And, FYI, their toning balls seem to be sand-filled and have a bit of squish.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 08:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

KarenJo - thanks. i wonder if i really need a ball? if Ana rolls on it, then I would need a ball. but if I can sub something else, I will.

you mentioned the stott workouts that use the tiny weighted balls - I saw 2 workouts - are both just UB workouts?

p.s. i found something on Amazon - Champion Reactor brand has a 1# ball. price is good, but wanted to ask people if a ball is really necessary.

Old 04-30-21, 09:20 PM  
star117

Ana is my favorite Pilates instructor! I have this but haven't done it in years. I think I'll have to do it this weekend!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ana caban, weighted ball workouts