Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-07-20, 02:44 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Taskrabbit

For those of you who dont feel comfortable going out but need groceries right away, look on the app Taskrabbit. There are people currently doing contactless task and personal services on the platform, and most are available that day (unless someone booked them already).

You pay their hourly fee and they do whatever you want, including clerical work (copies/mailout) visiting the PO, food delivery from restaurants that dont do delivery platforms...and also grocery shopping. Do tip your Tasker if you are happy with their work.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 04:30 PM  
Daffie

I went to target today because my husband needed his prescription. Also a few things for my mom. I had on a cloth mask and gloves. Most of the other customers did not and I did not see any employee with a mask and only a few with gloves.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 04:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

The limits on purchase may be working at my grocery store. Relieved to see many areas having stock .. pet food, kitty litter, meat, eggs, limited cleaning supplies and paper towels. Still no recovery on toilet paper.

They had taped arrows on the floor attempting to direct traffic that most people were attempting to follow.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 04:50 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
I went to target today because my husband needed his prescription. Also a few things for my mom. I had on a cloth mask and gloves. Most of the other customers did not and I did not see any employee with a mask and only a few with gloves.
I don't know about Target, but WalMart is just starting to get masks for employees. Not all stores have them yet.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 05:24 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Also, I read the best way to clean cell phones and remotes/electronics is to mix rubbing alcohol and distilled water and wipe the electronic down with a cotton ball or cotton pad. I cleaned my phone as well as all of our remotes using this method and was disgusted at what came off of the devices. And I had been wiping them down with lysol wipes previously!
So I decided I was going to try the rubbing alcohol and distilled water cleanser because I am running very low on Lysol wipes and am intrigued to see if after all the wiping I’ve been doing if my devices are still dirty.

I had to go to CVS to pick up a prescription anyway. Well that was a waste of a trip. The prescription that was supposed to be ready on the 5th wasn’t ready and wouldn’t be for an hour (no way was I going to wait there) and they were out of alcohol (mine is expired) and distilled water. :

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 08:28 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Today is the WI primary. Our governor wanted to postpone it until June but the WI Supreme Court said he didn’t have the power to do that. They did take precautions at the polling locations but I’m still annoyed that this couldn’t have been rescheduled for June.
IL primary voting was 3/17 and I was totally annoyed that it was not postponed. On the news, the reporters at the polls were saying how all the polling places would have hand sanitizers, etc., but when I got there--nothing! And I went about an hour after polls opened, so

Luckily, I had already started carrying my own disinfecting wipes and my own pen.

Donna
Old 04-08-20, 09:55 AM  
Leonana

I went to our local grocery store, Frys (Kroger), and most people were wearing masks. I noticed that the few who didn't were all younger men. Of course, that's my anecdotal research, lol.

My daughter works at Starbucks, and they are requiring them to wear masks now.
Old 04-08-20, 10:00 AM  
Floren

Some people might still be trying to get masks, or waiting for them to arrive. Mine aren't going to be here until Friday.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 10:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I went to our local grocery store, Frys (Kroger), and most people were wearing masks. I noticed that the few who didn't were all younger men. Of course, that's my anecdotal research, lol.
My own double blind study seems to indicate that younger men are oblivious to, or don't care about, distancing protocols or protective gear. At this point anyway.

I am unhappy that in my state, employees of grocery stores still have a "masks optional" protocol.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 11:21 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Some people might still be trying to get masks, or waiting for them to arrive. Mine aren't going to be here until Friday.
I don't have masks, but I am wearing my neck gaiter when I go out. It's thick and double layered. I just toss it in the washing machine when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
My own double blind study seems to indicate that younger men are oblivious to, or don't care about, distancing protocols or protective gear. At this point anyway.

My sons are all wearing masks and practicing social distancing - they are in their 20s.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing