Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-19, 10:02 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
This is a fun slideshow on hairstyle history:

The Trendiest Hairstyle the Year You Were Born

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/bea...s-of-all-time/

In retrospect, it's hilarious to me that all the teachers at my elementary school wore their hair in the same shag style. So prim and proper, teaching in a church affiliated children's school, with such a raunchy hairstyle name.
Old 07-24-19, 01:21 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Also looking for some recommendations on shampoo. I have been using Shea Moisture but looking to change things up. I’m looking for something on the natural side without silicones. I color my hair so color protectant would be good. My hair is little curly and not too thick. It’s been falling so it had thinned out through the years. Thanks!
I suggeated Giovanni upthread, and I looked at Giovanni again for myself, and it looks like they have a ton new formulas with different targeted goals. I had heard of the Ultra-Sleek Brazilian Keratin line before but it has protein, which I avoid. However this might be a good one for you to try. I'm looking at trying the Revive and Frizz-Be-Gone lines for myself. All three of these are silicone free. I think anyone looking for a new shampoo and conditioner should take a look at the new Giovanni products. (Do double check ingredients with Giovanni though - many of their products have silicones, including the matching leave-in for the above lines. Other times the shampoo might be cone free but the conditioner has it...or vice versa).
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-19, 08:04 AM  
rheash92

Where to buy the Giovanni products? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-19, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
I just ordered the Ultra sleek Brazilian Keratin S&C from amazon. I got it a day or 2 later. I used it and like it a lot so far.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-19, 09:31 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
You can buy it on the ground at stores like Whole Foods, but you may not be able to find all of the specific lines. You can also buy online at places like iherb.com and luckyvitamin.com in addition to amazon. It looks like giovannicosmetics.com will also ship out with free shipping over $35 and free samples.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 03:56 PM  
Libby

Quality made clothing

I'm 60 and having a hard time finding clothing that is well made. No luck at Penney's, Kohl's or my local mall. I don't like to dress like a granny but not trying to look like a teenager either. Just like to look stylish/classic. The clothes I've bought at Penney's, Kohl's and TJMaxx don't last more than one season before they start getting holes and pills on the material. I am willing to pay more for quality, longer lasting stylish clothes. Is there a store online or another store that you can recommend? I don't know if I would have luck without trying on the clothes though. Thanks for any suggestions!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 04:01 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I'm 60 and having a hard time finding clothing that is well made. No luck at Penney's, Kohl's or my local mall. I don't like to dress like a granny but not trying to look like a teenager either. Just like to look stylish/classic. The clothes I've bought at Penney's, Kohl's and TJMaxx don't last more than one season before they start getting holes and pills on the material. I am willing to pay more for quality, longer lasting stylish clothes. Is there a store online or another store that you can recommend? I don't know if I would have luck without trying on the clothes though. Thanks for any suggestions!
I am in my 40s but I like some of the clothes at Chicos and Talbots. Ann Taylor is nice too.

If you have outlets near you, you can often find their clothes for good prices.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 04:04 PM  
Carol K

I'm 62. I like J.Jill. They have stores and a web site. I buy online, but I always wait for a discount.
Old 09-13-19, 04:04 PM  
Negin

This thread always overwhelms me

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I've been thinking this for the longest while. I know that it's probably not possible or practical. You see, I get overwhelmed with this thread every year, even though I am very interested in all things beauty.

I wish that we had sub-threads or different categories, if you know what I mean. For example: hair; skin (different categories in each - aging, acne, hyperpigmentation, etc.); body; you name it.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I would love to read and take part in it, it's just too long and overwhelming for me. I feel as if I'm rummaging for clothes in an extremely crowded sales rack. I often come to see if I can learn or find out about anything new or to share what I have found works, and then I just can't (can't even!) and have to move on.
Old 09-13-19, 04:44 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I’m in my 60s and have found most of my work clothes at Nordstrom, Macy’s, and Target. I’ve had such bad luck with low-quality items at Penney’s, Kohl’s, and the like that I no longer shop there. My preference is to shop online and return if necessary, but I’ve rarely had to return anything. Good luck! It’s hard to find nice clothes for our age group. I’m a grandmother, but I don’t want to dress like granny either.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin