Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-08-11, 03:48 PM  
dela

I am a sucker for sets!

I have and use with regularity RKS, STS, STS Cardio, Turbo Fire, Peak fit.

I have and don't use: Chalean Xtreme, Insanity, S90, Montenegro method, Barry's bootcamp (the TV version with the big green pill shaped stability "ball")

I had and sold: Hip hop abs.

Some of those in the don't use still hold some curiosity for me, other than the Barry's bootcamp.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 03:58 PM  
Getfit

I will usually do a week of the rotation and than I am off to something else and for the most part the DVDs are shelved. I don't think its because I don't enjoy the workouts it is just that I have too many and I have a very short attention span. For instance, I recently tried S90 and lasted through the 1st week and than I moved on to Peak Fit and did the 1st 3 days and never reached again for them and RKS came in the mail and I was off to RKS. I did RKS until I received my Missy Beaver, Lauren Brooks V. 1, Vol 3 and KCM Kickboxing. I recently received my Amy's and several trades and I have yet to reach for RKS again. I have a lot of virgin DVDs at home and I am constantly feeling the need to change things up . I have had STS for over 1 year and never used them. I keep saying I am going to keep my purchases to a minimum but I am always jumping on the latest bandwagon and I only workout at home in the summer just because by the time I get off of work I don't have the energy to go to the gym because it is to hot.
Old 08-08-11, 04:02 PM  
daisyfit

I love sets, I've done Insanity Asylum and then I moved onto Peakfit. I'm on week 8 of Peak fit and I ordered Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme and I'm hoping to do a hybrid of Chalean Extreme and Turbo fire from next week. I find I get good results from following a rotation from a set.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 05:09 PM  
moviegrl1737

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Not only do I like and purchase sets, but when I like an instructor I feel the need to get every workout they have released. I guess I take the notion of 'go big or go home' a bit too literally.

That said, I rarely do rotations. I've been doing individual weeks from systems/rotations and then moving on to something else. It's been a lot of fun and now I'm actually using more my workouts.
I could have written this until approximately 11 weeks ago when desperate to get some sort of hold on myself I committed to Turbo Fire. I've since added
S90 but I'm doing both rotations as written and finding comfort in something I don't have to plan.
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 05:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

This USED to be me, especially the "I love this instructor, therefore I have to buy ALL his/her workouts!!!" mentality. Thankfully, I've gotten past that. I judge each video on its individual merits and decide accordingly.

Re: sets, with the exception of Firm Express (purchased last year) I haven't purchased a single one. And luckily I'm not a fan of Beachbody or Cathe so I'm safe there.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 05:31 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Not only do I like and purchase sets, but when I like an instructor I feel the need to get every workout they have released. I guess I take the notion of 'go big or go home' a bit too literally.
Today I saw that Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com has Squeeze workouts as the weekly sale and I was all "OOH! Lower Body Challenge!"

I have and like Squeeze and Squeeze Stronger, but counting them both together I'm sure I haven't done them five times in the last year - I have too many barre workouts. LBC never did appeal to me, because I'm just not fond of lunges. And I've just decided to do mostly yoga for an indefinite period of time. And I was STILL excited about the idea of completing my "Squeeze collection" for $9.99 (three whole dollars off!).

I talked myself out of it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 12:49 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Today I saw that Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com has Squeeze workouts as the weekly sale and I was all "OOH! Lower Body Challenge!"

I have and like Squeeze and Squeeze Stronger, but counting them both together I'm sure I haven't done them five times in the last year - I have too many barre workouts. LBC never did appeal to me, because I'm just not fond of lunges. And I've just decided to do mostly yoga for an indefinite period of time. And I was STILL excited about the idea of completing my "Squeeze collection" for $9.99 (three whole dollars off!).

I talked myself out of it.
Laura,
I could have written that, except that I've never tried nor been tempted to try a Squeeze workout.
I have good workouts that were released as part of sets, and there is that urge in me to get the whole set, just because it's a set, but I keep trying to talk myself out of further purchases and view each workout individually. After all, that's the way I'm going to use them!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
systems