Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-10, 09:43 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

So, I'm not sure if I can explain this properly, but I just haven't been satisfied with my quad results from TA. I think the problem is that she works the quads but doesn't ever focus on them, so they don't get the same kind of definition that they get with traditional barre workouts. When I did the Mat and Post Pregnancy dvd (along with cardio) for a month, my quads look undefined but not smaller. So, I don't feel like her method shrinks the quads (like it does the saddle bags for example), and it doesn't really define them. I think it has to do with what I am ideally looking for when it comes to results, which is essentially a "dancer's body" as in, a ballet dancer's body (though not quite as stick thin as that). My quads look similar doing TA as doing pilates, which is same size and not particularly defined. I don't think this should be a big surprise, though, because since TA doesn't really do much for the quads, not much is done for them. Sorry if this isn't very clear. I just woke up.
Old 12-16-10, 09:49 AM  
D72

Thanks Ali-so much. I think I get it ;].
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 10:11 AM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I want to buy one of her perfect design series. Which one do you all think is the best?
I've only done the second one, not sure if I really liked it or not...i thought some of the moves were hard, a few of the ab moves were hard as well. You might just go ahead with perfect design 1....should be the easiet...also if you don't have the matwork, I'd get that instead....love the arm and ab work and the lower body stuff is doable...not as hard as PD 2.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 11:35 AM  
~ Beth ~

I just wanted to chime in on the whole quad thing too, if that's okay. I was doing TA exclusively for maybe 6-8 weeks, alternating PP, Mat, and the book sequences. I felt like my quads became weaker. I noticed it mostly when walking up stairs. It was very subtle, but I felt little twinges in my knees, like they had to work harder to get me up the stairs. I started adding in Tonique and all the sqauts and lunges definitely made me feel stronger and the sensations in my knees went away. I didn't notice any difference in the look of my quads with or without TA but they are part of my trouble zone so I have layers of fat hiding whatever toning is underneath!
~ Beth ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 11:54 AM  
D72

Ty for this info!
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 12:38 PM  
furmomof6

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 12:59 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I don't want to poo poo TA's workouts just because I don't think they're great for the quads. First of all, just because my quads didn't shrink doesn't mean others' won't. It could be true, but it could also be just something specific to my (type of?) body.
Secondly, just like pilates, I think TA's workouts are great regardless of what they do (or don't do) for the quads. I just feel like, unlike what TA says, her workouts deliver the best results when combined with other methods. For example, 1/2 TA and 1/2 Traditional barre (i.e. Lotte Berk inspired stuff) would work well I think. It's possible Fuzzie was doing something like that a while back. Also, I've had nice results combining TA, traditional barre, and AWT (which, in my collection means Firm Classics and Tonique). I think TA pairs well with P57, which is quad intensive (and both tend to have good music!).
Old 12-16-10, 01:10 PM  
Carebear

Wow, that bloggers results are amazing! It makes me want to try it, but I don't think I would do well with following a workout from a book. I wonder if you could get that same results with her DVDs.
Carebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 09:30 PM  
fitmummy

TA offers good upper body workout for sure. I mix like others with p57 and tonique // especially after taking both instructor's classes and seeing TA's and Sylwia's butt and results from both workouts i choose Tonique//it is difficult workout but rewarding as you notice changes fast.
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 09:54 PM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
Wow, that bloggers results are amazing! It makes me want to try it, but I don't think I would do well with following a workout from a book. I wonder if you could get that same results with her DVDs.
Carebear, the book comes with a DVD that takes you through her recommended workouts. I know others have suggested using her DVDs to build your own bootcamp also. Just wanted to let you know that, if you were interested, the bootcamp workouts aren't only on paper!
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson results