Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 01-20-05, 10:39 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi pshmn. Yes, Tai Boxing is bad, but maybe not completely worthless (although I never wanted to do it again after the first time). I didn't throw something at the TV like I did with Oxycise and Reebok Core Board training .
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 10:49 PM  
smiley

anything by David Gray and those awful 80s backup bimbettes...one of my first trades was trading Seasuns, then new, Rock Steady Step for David's Step Fusion.. i mistakenly thought i was trading for a phillip gray video. i about died when i saw the cover with him in a purple unitard with his chest brazenly exposed and the backup babes "mawling at him"....I think he might of had a top hat on too on the back cover. ewwwww. i threw it in the trash. i think it hit the stephanie steele kickboxing video at the bottom of the waste basket on the way down. LOL.
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 10:53 PM  
Elisa B.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalavanb
the sports illustrated series from the '80s that featured swimsuit models?
Oh, my first workout videos! Those were not so bad, actually. Especially compared to what else was available at the time, which was pretty much . . . nothing.

Elisa
Elisa B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 10:53 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith's Ultimate Video Workout is the worst video I've seen from a "real" instructor. It's very outdated and laughable, yet it stayed in print for the longest time and may still be lurking on shelves. Beware!

Cory Everson's Total Body Workout was another stinker.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 11:39 PM  
charfred

I think the Regis Philbin "workout" video would have to be my nominee.
charfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 12:01 AM  
Karen N
VF Supporter

That Zack Lee kickboxing video with the annoying woman who took a powder break midway through in order to imagine what Zack aerobics would be was pretty horrifying. I'd rate it 4th of the pathetic ones I've seen. The first three have already been mentioned:

1. Zsa Zsa (poor Francois)
2. Body Flex
3. Maria Conchita Alonso (Donna Richardson has just got to be trying to track down and burn every copy of that thing)
Old 01-21-05, 12:53 AM  
pshmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe G
Hi pshmn. Yes, Tai Boxing is bad, but maybe not completely worthless (although I never wanted to do it again after the first time). I didn't throw something at the TV like I did with Oxycise and Reebok Core Board training .
OT - Just realized I got your name wrong Abbe. I apologize for all the times I've done that!

Stephanie Steele made me almost give up on working out to vids because I had such a bad taste in my mouth from watching it. I literally stopped doing what I was doing and blatantly stared at her in disbelief. It was like I did a double-take; I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Tai Boxing, on the other hand - I kept thinking to myself "what a boring tape!" the whole time I was doing the WO, whilst trying to control a slow-growing laughter inside of me (you know, the kind of feeling you get when something is horrendously bad but you can't bear to stop watching/doing it because you're into the momentum already?) BUT STILL, at least I finished the workout and didn''t stop the tape midway. *That's* just how bear-able it was.
pshmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 01:11 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

The Toilet Workout Exercise Video

This was posted about on the forum some time ago.
Just when I thought I'd seen it all........not OT

The link to the Ebay description doesn't work, but you can get an idea what the workout is like from the thread. I remembered I saved the page because I found it pretty funny.

Here's a quote from the description: For a fun workout in the privacy of your own bathroom, buy the Toilet workout exercise video today. Ladies, is your husband or boyfriend getting a little flabby? Then do yourself and him a favor, buy him the Toilet workout exercise video today. No need for a VCR in your bathroom. Simply watch the video in your TV room, then use your short term memory skills and proceed to your favorite toilet. I suggest you light a fragrant candle to set the proper workout mood. Then plop down and get started.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 02:21 AM  
treasaigh

You know, Susan, I was thinking of that one, too - even though I've never seen it. The creator should be ashamed of the very concept!

Stephanie Steele gets my vote - it's the only one of these I've owned, thanks to ya'll!
Old 01-21-05, 02:58 AM  
Rockstar

Anything by Alan Harris makes me cringe!
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alan harris, hall of shame, worst of