Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-22, 01:10 PM  
bfit

Feeling Yucky After Surgery

I had a minimally invasive surgical procedure on Thursday, and it all turned out fine, but I had to have general anesthesia. They put an anti nausea patch on my neck that I just removed today plus I am taking an antibiotic. I have had virtually no pain from the procedure and the doctor said I could return to normal activities including exercise as soon as I felt like it. The problem is that I just don't feel like it. I feel tired and just "yucky", and I have no appetite and no desire to even be moving around that much. Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it last? I just feel like I've lost my "spark".
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 01:33 PM  
mimikz

Sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly.

I'm not a doctor and I certainly don't play one on TV , but it sounds to me like your body is just telling you to take it easy and recover. Call your medical office for reassurance maybe?

Anyway I hope you're feeling better soon. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mimi
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 03:51 PM  
BunnyHop

General anaesthesia does tend to make me feel yucky.

Sometimes it has taken 6 weeks or more to totally get over it.

My dad had more and more trouble as he got older, guess maybe some of it is an age thing??

Oh, and sometimes an anti-biotic can have similar symptoms for me, depending on the meds.

Hope you can get some rest and feel better soon.

And, yeah, call the doctor's if this persists.
Old 04-10-22, 04:43 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

bfit, I agree with calling your doctor and letting him/her know how you feel. I hope you feel better soon!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 04:55 PM  
ChelePA

General anesthesia is rough on the body. I have had multiple surgeries this past year. Definitely takes time to recover. I would take it easy and if concerned, give your doctor a call.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 05:37 PM  
wendug

As others have stated, general anesthesia can be rough on the body. Just take it easy until you don't feel so yucky and slowly ease back into some movement, whether it be walking or stretching. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-10-22, 06:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

It takes a lot out of you. This is the time to rest, and drink lots of water. Your body heals when you're resting/sleeping. Maybe soon you'll feel up to a little walk outdoors and that's very good medicine. Feel better soon!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 07:14 PM  
Sollamyn

I had surgery for a broken ankle a couple of years ago and I definitely experienced loss of appetite and was easily fatigued. My appetite very gradually came back after 2-3 weeks. My energy level took a little more time. My advice: Relax and let go of your usual expectations for yourself. You need this time to heal and revive. You'll get there!

Donna
Old 04-10-22, 07:57 PM  
dnna

When I am worried about something I call the office and ask to talk to the nurse. She /he can tell you if you need to come in or give you some general at home tips. also, she /he will probably ask you to call in so they know how you are doing. It is good to check in, get some feedback.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surgery