Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-22, 11:16 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Barefoot & on the Mat February 2022: Slip off your shoes and join us!

This check-in is for ANYONE and EVERYONE who enjoys barefoot workouts, including yoga, Pilates, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, kickboxing, kettlebells, barefoot cardio…..the list goes on & we welcome all! We are a friendly group of diverse ages and backgrounds. Post your workouts or not, no rules here...we'd love to have you join us in any capacity.

“February is the border between winter & spring”
~Terri Guillimets

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 11:22 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I didn’t see a new thread so started us off for February.

Pat - I’m glad you were able to take a day off & rest after all that shoveling, that’s grueling work! I hope your back is okay.

I’m teaching my first class since December this morning, back to post my workouts later.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 11:28 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, thanks for starting the February thread.

My back was bugging me a little, so today I did:

Body Groove- I did a thirty minute workout from their on demand site
Yoga with Kassandra -20 minute morning yin

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 11:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the February start, Pam!

I'll write more later; just wanted to make sure I was subscribed.

ETA something funny:
Even though there were over 400 photos from the photo shoot, some were missing! I realized that there was a standing series that was not in the ones Clay sent me; he looked and found about 14 more (and there's still some on film outstanding too, haha). I added a few more here.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 02:28 PM  
Margot

Welcome back home Pam and thank you for starting us off.

Today's workout:
- HealthBarre February Challenge. It was a great workout but I'm not going to be doing it for 10 days straight.

I joined Zoom for Bellyfit Daughters of the Moon first class but Alice was the size of a postage stamp (sharing the screen with 24 other people) and I couldn't really see what she was doing. It didn't help that she was dressed in white on what seemed like a light background. I'm a newbie to Zoom but in the few classes I've done, the instructor's screen has been much larger than the participants. Honestly, most of the people on the screen were easier to see than Alice. I must have done something wrong? It did make me chuckle though, wondering how on earth people could see her. I needed a magnifying class!

Beth - That's funny about the missing photos. Glad Clay found them.

Sherry - Sorry about your back. Hope Body Groove and Kassandra worked the kinks out a bit.

Waves to all!
Old 02-01-22, 02:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, there are different view options for Zoom. You can have a group effect (like the Brady Bunch, haha) or go to "speaker" (which would have been Alice). You can also go to a certain person and "pin" that view so that you only see them.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-01-22, 02:38 PM  
Margot

Thanks Beth. I was trying to figure it out, clicking all over the place to see if I could 'pin' Alice but to no avail. I think I'll look for a Zoom tutorial. What a dunce I am.
Old 02-01-22, 03:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, it's not always easy to figure out, and the different versions look different on everyone's screen. I'm pretty familiar since I use every day for work (but don't ask me to do a breakout room, haha).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-01-22, 04:24 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a rest day. I went to 2 markets this morning and have been doing laundry and house chores.

Pam, thank you so much for starting the month of February for us!

Beth, all of your pictures look really good.

Margot, I'm also not very good in maneuvering my way through Zoom. I'm a computer moron!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 07:40 PM  
cyana

Quick post and run - I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West (from the Wizard of Oz) sitting at my desk pedaling furiously on Cubii Jr, LOL!!! Thankfully I set Cubii up Sunday evening as I worked until around 10:30 last night on a year end project that had to be completed by midnight on the 31st. Yeesh. The nice thing - I can pedal away while I'm on calls and no one is the wiser. And if I'm getting frustrated or feel myself getting stressed, I pedal harder and work it out of my system!

Beth - If someone has a problem opening the Instagram link, tell them to try a different browser. That's what I did and it worked fine.

Pat - I'm relieved to hear that you survived ShovelMax!

Pam - Ugh on the red eye flight - hopefully you slept like a baby once you were back in your own bed.

Margot - I've never had that issue with Zoom, but have discovered there are many variables (filed under "learn by doing" ). I didn't get around to signing up for Alice's series (and truly don't need to sign up for anything else at this point), so I'll be interested to hear your impressions. We use Teams at work, and I'm on several weekly meetings and one of the presenters frequently comments that every week it seems as though they've added/changed features and he has to figure out how to make everything work.

Sherry - Good to see you. Hope you didn't get too much snow last week-end!

Paine - Hope you found some good stuff at the markets. We'll probably do the weekly grocery order tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed it won't be too cold this Saturday morning.

Before I forget, I'd mentioned that Lee is going to be starting an acupressure/self-massage series soon. He's going to have a free 90-minute intro class on February 20th. Registration isn't open yet, but I wanted to post the link in case anyone was interested in the free class: https://www.holdenqigong.com/event/i...sure-training/

I'm going to head to bed early this evening, as I'm a bit pooped for some strange reason. Sleep well, friends.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote