Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-21, 04:11 PM  
Jules

Inner Dimension PY108 - UPDATE

I am trying to decide if I want to join Inner Dimension TV and lock in at the $120 per year rate. The yearly rate is going up to $140 per year in 2022. I already have Ultimate Yogi, Yoga 30 for 30, Flexibility & Beyond, Level Up 108, and Short & Sweet.

It sounds like the new PY108 program as well as Yoga Detox 30 are exclusive to streaming. Has anyone tried these programs? If so, what are your thoughts?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 05:50 PM  
AnMrsDe

I haven't done these programs in their entirety, but there are a few classes from each of those series on You Tube, just an FYI. A few days ago, I did Travis' "Bend Don't Break" class from Yoga Detox 30 and really enjoyed it. About a week ago, I did his "Power Yoga Vitality" from his PY108 series and was a really good class as well. Both, I thought, were easier than say, his Level Up classes.

I thought maybe you can get a feel from these freebies to see what the programs would consist of. $120 seems a bit steep for a yearly fee for me and I own most of his other series also, so not sure I would be getting my $$$ worth with a subscription. There's quite a few classes he puts on YT and that's what I've been enjoying lately.

Travis' YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHT...eozyYOxEZGC8XQ
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 06:10 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I am trying to decide if I want to join Inner Dimension TV and lock in at the $120 per year rate. The yearly rate is going up to $140 per year in 2022. I already have Ultimate Yogi, Yoga 30 for 30, Flexibility & Beyond, Level Up 108, and Short & Sweet.

It sounds like the new PY108 program as well as Yoga Detox 30 are exclusive to streaming. Has anyone tried these programs? If so, what are your thoughts?
I subscribe and enjoy it but I only own UY and Short and Sweet on DVD.

From what I’ve tried of PY108–which admittedly is limited to a few practices—they were almost identical to UY. I have not tried Yoga Detox 30.

Its a tough decision but if I were you and already had all the programs you listed I would not subscribe.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 10:41 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

He probably has a 7 day trial period. I would do that and see if you like it. But in the end, it's only $20/year savings.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 10:49 AM  
Jules

Thanks for your thoughtful replies! I see that there is a 10-day free trial and I will probably sign up today and use those 10 days to check out the new classes and then keep or cancel. I agree the subscription rate is steep considering that I already have most of the programs.

I subscribe to Les Mills on Demand and the wide variety of classes offered makes it well worth the cost. I am also thinking about resubscribing to Cathe Live.
Old 12-30-21, 11:12 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:

I subscribe to Les Mills on Demand and the wide variety of classes offered makes it well worth the cost. I am also thinking about resubscribing to Cathe Live.
Yes, good choices!! Love both those sites!
Old 01-05-22, 04:06 PM  
Jules

UPDATE: I got the free 10-day trial and have a few days left to decide, but I think I am going to keep it.

I have been doing the Yoga Detox 30 program and it is actually pretty great. It is geared towards getting rid of addictions and negative habits. Lauren and Travis both lead 8 practices solo, without any participants. I have done 3 of the practices now, and 2 of them are challenging for me. They start out very doable and grow in intensity, so that by the end they rival the Level Up practices. Each day includes a short inspirational talk as well as journaling with specific instructions for goal-setting and soul-searching. There is also a plant-based nutrition guide, but I don't plan to follow it. I am not doing the Detox 30 program exclusively, so it will take me longer than 30 days. I figure this will also give me more time to work in-depth on each journal entry.

I checked out PY 108 and it does seem to be a rehash of Ultimate Yogi with new music and the same poses in a slightly different order. It is good to have some new Travis stories as I have heard all the older ones a lot now. If anything, PY 108 might be slightly easier than UY. I think I will like the practices, but probably not as much as UY.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to actually start meditating. There are several meditation options on Inner Dimension, as well as a 28 day yin program called Sleep Well with Travis Eliot that I want to try.
Old 01-05-22, 04:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
UPDATE: I got the free 10-day trial and have a few days left to decide, but I think I am going to keep it.

I have been doing the Yoga Detox 30 program and it is actually pretty great. It is geared towards getting rid of addictions and negative habits. Lauren and Travis both lead 8 practices solo, without any participants. I have done 3 of the practices now, and 2 of them are challenging for me. They start out very doable and grow in intensity, so that by the end they rival the Level Up practices. Each day includes a short inspirational talk as well as journaling with specific instructions for goal-setting and soul-searching. There is also a plant-based nutrition guide, but I don't plan to follow it. I am not doing the Detox 30 program exclusively, so it will take me longer than 30 days. I figure this will also give me more time to work in-depth on each journal entry.

I checked out PY 108 and it does seem to be a rehash of Ultimate Yogi with new music and the same poses in a slightly different order. It is good to have some new Travis stories as I have heard all the older ones a lot now. If anything, PY 108 might be slightly easier than UY. I think I will like the practices, but probably not as much as UY.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to actually start meditating. There are several mediation options on Inner Dimension, as well as a 28 day yin program called Sleep Well with Travis Eliot that I want to try.
Jules, I'm working my way through the PY practices now and agree with your assessment, these are a bit of a rehash of UY but in some cases a notch down. I really feel like he did this series to have something like UY on the ID site since the original UY isn't on there. That's fine, but I guess I was hoping for a step up from LU 108 and not a step back.

That being said, there is so much great content, you can't go wrong with your decision and I hope you enjoy ID! I personally won't be renewing when the time comes only because I haven't used my subscription as much as I had intended due to injuries, etc. My bad!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 12:15 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:

One of my New Year's resolutions is to actually start meditating. There are several meditation options on Inner Dimension, as well as a 28 day yin program called Sleep Well with Travis Eliot that I want to try.
That's great, Jules! Hope you enjoy it! I, for one, would love it if you would post your thoughts on the practices you try, if you'd like. It seems there's just a handful of us on VF that are truly Travis fans and post thoughts about his practices... Good luck with your meditation addition. I know it has really made a difference for me (this was one of my goals last year to do daily meditations), and I especially noticed it the other day during Level Up 108 Balance! I always got frustrated with that one b/c I found it so challenging....my mind was in a much better place when I happened to fall out of the pose. Progress!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I personally won't be renewing when the time comes only because I haven't used my subscription as much as I had intended due to injuries, etc. My bad!!
Ditto for me...I didn't resubscribe due to wrist ailments and wasn't using the site as much. I do miss all the variety and how each class made me feel.
Old 01-06-22, 06:24 PM  
Jules

Kittybug - I didn't even think about the original UY not being available on ID, but yeah, I think you are right about that being the reason for the rehashed version!

AnMrsDe - It's great to hear that meditation has been beneficial for you! I need to schedule a specific time to do it or it isn't going to happen. Maybe right before bed?

Here is a very quick assessment of the Detox 30 practices I have tried so far:

Start Where You Are: Led by both Travis and Lauren. I enjoyed this one and found it to be intermediate.

Purify: Led by Travis. This one started out easy enough but by the end I was wiped out! There are lots of twists, chaturangas and Breath of Fire. It is a bit longer at 70 minutes. I almost fell asleep during shavasana.

Messy Middle: Led by Lauren. I don't know that I will do this one again. I just don't click with Lauren's teaching style as much as Travis'. I liked the poses in the beginning of this one, but then she went into a couple of fast-paced series and I got irritated because she said inhale/exhale on every single move. It was distracting for me and I had a hard time following along. There were many binding poses that I am not flexible enough to do, so I had to modify a lot. She also kept talking about the title - Messy Middle - and I couldn't stop thinking about how much weight I put on over the holidays. I didn't feel very relaxed or accomplished after this practice.

Bend Don't Break: Led by Travis. I did this one a while back since it is free on YouTube. I don't remember the details, but I thought it was very challenging and I loved the green background.

Tags
inner dimension, travis eliot