Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-21, 07:52 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Mustn't leave Lili Alone

And with her having the grandkids -- I best get busy and do my part to post. (at the very least!)

Not sure where I've been or what I've been doing, but need to check in. I read that Cathe has announced a new series? I'm not through her loops and bands yet (and may never get there!) lol ... :: sigh :: no more for me.

Helen: I guess you'll be glad to get back to in person teaching!!! I think my low energy could be due to several things: the autumn leaves, cooler temps, shorter days, and maybe the flu shot. Who knows? But I'm fine.

Lili: Keep talking the KCMs up. I need to revisit them. They really seem to work for me. (the usual mantra: Too many workouts and not enough time!0

Ok, on to me, me and all me. I have to scroll back to see when the last time I checked in was. . . . 10/15 ... WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???? so sorry ladies.

10/16/2021: 30 mins. Bradley Rose Pop Ride, 20 mins. Bradley rose Low impact ride, 5 mins Post ride stretch

10/17/2021: 30 mins. Sundays With Love
**, 45 minutes Power Zone w/Matt Wilpers, 20 mins. Classical Pop Ride with Bradley rose, 10 mins. Cool down ride with Bradley rose and a post ride stretch with BR

10/18/2021: 30 mins. Ben 007 Ride (it was meh to me - since I don't watch James Bond movies, knew only 2 of the songs. Ben was cute though with his Bond impressions!) 5 mins. DM cool down ride (discovered I've done this 5 mins. cool down ride 70 times?!? Yep - it's the grateful dead one) , 5 mins. PR stretch with Ben

10/19/2021: 15 mins. cardio row and 20 mins. Disco ride (I think this was CDE)

10/20/201: Power Zone Endurance 45 mins. ride with Olivia, Bradley Rose Cooldown ride (10 mins)

10/21/2021: 17 mins. Race on the Charles Row (for a badge of course), low impact ride (20 mins.) with Emma, 2 hours of pickleball

10/22/2021: 10 mins. Row
with mike, 20 mins. Low impact ride with CDE and 5 mins. PRS

There! I think I'm all caught up.

** I am soooo happy that Sundays with Love is back. I rode with Nancy and had a wonderful ride. This one was a keeper (although I can't tell you now what Ally talked about or why it was a keeper?!?) I just remembered how motivational she is and why I adore her!!!!

I'm also doing the Power Zone program on the bike. Not the first one (Discover your Power Zones) cuz I already have discovered them, but this is the second series. (Build your Power Zones) It's 3x a week for 5 weeks I think. It gives me a schedule.I don't know if I'd follow power zone rides if I didn't have a schedule, but I DO KNOW that I need power zone rides in my life. They are steady and rarely ever pedal in zone 1, so it's a CONSTANT endurance workout. The other rides? They are fun. They can challenge me, but also --- wayy too much time spent recovering. So this is all good for me. No competition but that of myself and 3 rides must be completed each week.

It's interesting because I believe that these rides were specifically filmed for the actual program. Home buddy fitness does not have timers for them. Interesting. . . . I debated doing an ab one at the same time, but have yet to start it.

I think that catches me up. will try to do better in the future.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 07:58 AM  
Helen

Late Saturday night - DH has already gone to bed.

LILI
• Honestly? The vegan icecream was excellent! Chocolate. >> Recipe << No churn - mix and freeze. Set very hard in a slice tray, and cut long slices across the tray. Made it look like restaurant dessert - with nicely shaped scoops of vanilla with it & raspberries & blueberries.
• Wonder why you're not sleeping well? Any thoughts?
• I'm SURE you're having a fabulous weekend - with the grandkids!! Sawyer should be old enough to have great conversations with now.

ME
Today, did 57min, Cathe - Step Boss - Step Sync, 8" and it was still really doable! Maybe I'm finally ready to get back to the 10"?!?

Anyway, without checking log, I know I've done VERY LITTLE apart from dog walks - even missed a few of those due to weather.

Work hours have been ~55 hrs/week
It's the time it takes to set up decent online lessons, and the admin checking who's DOING the work & turning up; AND doing ALL the text questions, from FOUR texts, for Extension 2. Need to be ALL OVER this stuff, and honestly - I do enjoy doing them. but it's time consuming.

Not looking forward to being back at school on Monday (the people issue & classroom behaviour) but it should mean fewer hours of admin & quicker lesson planning. I can brain-fart this stuff onto the board without thinking much - know it so well, even fun activity/craft stuff - been doing it so long.

Bridget has only ONE more week at home before she moves back to Sydney. I'm in denial - saying she's only VISITING in Sydney, for a few days - she just might call every few days to say she's staying a few days longer. It's been SO nice having her at home for so long! She's FINISHED a crochetted rug and inspired me to start knitting again - making a jumper (sweater) for Alice - should be finished for winter. Aran-style on circular needles.

I finally was able to go to the sewing store since we came off lock-down on Monday - for shorter circular needles & 4" wide elastic to make my own bands. However, should have looked at prices & strengths in the sports store first! The elastic was $35/yd and not as strong as what's in the sports store for $20 per band. Oh well... Lesson learned.

CLEDA - it's now pushing midnight, so I'll get back to you - need to practice getting up earlier - or I'll be late to work on Monday.

G'night...
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 06:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Before the day gets away from me. Somehow, missed the last 2 days?!?

Helen: I know you'll miss Bridget when she's gone! And I had to chuckle. I read "finally getting back to a 10" step and My mind said, "WHY????" lol .... Don't work too hard. Life is way too short.

Lili: Wavin' at ya! Did you see KCM is coming out with 2 new dvds? and has a presale? Thinking about it. Seriously thinking about it. If only to support the dvds part of it. Still on the fence. Between all my equipment and all the dvds I already have, just not sure I'd use them. (Maybe do the ones I have that I haven't completed?! Now there's a novel thought.)

On to me, me and all me:

10/23/2021: 60 mins. power Zone Endurance with CDE., 5 mins. Cool down ride, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

10/24/2021: Sundays with Love, season 3 ride 2., Bradley Rose's 20 mins. 80s ride (great music!), 10 mins. Mental Health Stretch, 5 mins. Ally cool down ride, 20 mins. Beyonce Full body stretch with Hannah (blech!).

I just can't do all the stretches that Hannah does, so a lot of it is modified. I know it still does my body good, but geeze louise! 20 mins. was just too long for me. Tough to stay focused

I am one week down with the "build your power zones" program. Onward to week 2. I do like the 3x a week structure.

Gotta run.
Cleda
Old 10-29-21, 08:06 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - hope the in classroom teaching is going well. Jumping between online and in class teaching must create so much more work. Thank you for your dedication!
I agree with Cleda, 10" step, why? It sounds like torture! But, it is a challenge.
Cleda - a 3 day/week challenge is more my speed. Glad you are enjoying it!

As predicted, no official workouts over the weekend, but we were quite active! We had a lot of fun, but we were both exhausted after we got them to school on Monday morning.

10/25 - dog walk
Leslie's Walk, Run, Lift 44"
GHU's Bodyweight Workout 12"
10/26 - 30 Min. Disney Run w/ Kirsten (I liked her and the run)
GHU's 10 Min. All About Upper Body 12"
GetFitwithRick's Maroon Five Walk
10/27 - dog walk
Pahla B's Total Body Get Fit Challenge
GHU's Core Off the Floor
10/28 - dog walk and lots of walking at Longwood Gardens
Bellicon's Big Bounce for Gymnists and Pelvic Floor & Core

I had a ride on my schedule, but decided to try Bellicon and it worked! Usually it won't load, or the sound is in very slow motion. Not sure why it worked, but I may be adding more of them until my subscription runs out.
I have been enjoying the GHU workouts I've done. They are usually hit or miss for me, so I'm happy that I've hit some winners.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 08:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Where are my people?!? :: insert sad face ::

Of course, I must post as well so as to be a part of the solution ...

Mornin' Ladies.

Where is everybody???? I'm going to do my part and post. Hope others join me. And we are fast approaching November also.

I will be the first to say: October did NOT go as planned. I don't want to say I'm in a funk and cause a self-fulfilling prophecy ... but .... I need to let it go and move on to November. I have goals forming in my mind.

Here's where I left off (i think!) and I'm not even sure I got everything written down:

10/25/2021: Power Zone 45 mins. ride with Ben (I think) 10 mins. Beyonce Cool down ride, 5 mins. PRS, 20 mins. Dance DJ row

10/26/2021: Beyonce's 2 for 1 ride 30 mins.

10/27/2021: 20 mins. Beyonce Arm workout with Ben, meditation at night

10/28/2021: Power Zone 45 mins. with Ben and PRS

That's it! But I'm glad I am doing the build your power zone program as at least it gives me something to aim for. The Beyonce badge should be in the rearview mirror as of today (and not a day too soon!) Now they have one up for scenic rides ... but only 2 so I can handle that.

I feel like I'm in hibernation mode, which includes endless hours of Netflix (I'm currently watching, "Call the Midwife") and the tv is the devil for me. I need to go back to a better schedule.

Today is a new day to practice that.
Ok, off to get some errands done, as nor'easter number 2 is headed our way. Lucky for us, we didn't get hit too badly in the last one! (Hallelujah) and now they're just really talking about lots of rain. . . uggggggg.

I had bought some pickleball shoes that I have to return. (Thank goodness for Zappos free returns).

The shortages at the stores are real ... it's so frustrating. I'm talking groceries. I usually pack my freezer every few months and only "cherry pick" the stuff I need. But good heavens! simple things - like yogurt?!? (at least the brands/flavors I like) are not around. I know! There are many people who have worse problems. I definitely know that. But it's frustrating to me nonetheless.

Ok, that's it. I'm done whining.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 10-30-21, 09:52 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Going to finish strong ...

at least in the workout sense! 2 more days and we're on to November. I know Helen will pop in here (cuz she doesn't want me to do a boring, join us, no graphics intro for November!)

10/29/2021: a mish mosh: 20 mins. row with Laine, 10 mins. row with Aquil, 10 mins. warm up ride (Beyonce - last one for the badge. Hallelujah!) with Alex, 10 mins. Bradley Rose Elton John warm up, 10 mins. Cool down Elton John with Bradley Rose Post Ride Stretch with Bradley

The long Elton John ride (45 mins.) is with Jenn Sherman. I am hoping they come out with more, as Jenn is not my favorite and I opted to skip it for now. I may have to go back and do it, but I'm so hoping more instructors do more rides. 3 Elton john rides are JUST not enough .....

Wasn't going to order the new KCM's, but somehow --- mysteriously, my web browser is now sitting at coffey fit presale? Hmmmm. . . . Lemming alert! Lemming alert!

Make it a great day!
Onward.
Cleda
Old 10-30-21, 03:58 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - looks like we were posting at the same time yesterday! I'll have to look for the Elton John rides, as he is a favorite of mine. I will also admit to ordering the KCM DVDs. I'm blaming you for sending me to look, but pushing the add to cart was all me. I had instant buyers remorse, not because I don't want to support Kelly or continue to like her stuff, but because I have so much already that I don't do. I also want to support people who are putting out DVDs. As much as I like streaming, it's nice to pull out something where I have my weights written down, etc.

10/29 - dog walk
Jessica's Total Focus
Jenny Ford's Walk Across America, Massachusetts
10/30 - dog walk and that's it!

Most of my sleep issues are from my MIL's dog, who has to sleep with us, and has recently decided that I need to get up between 4:45 and 5:15. I should try going to bed earlier, but I really don't want to change my schedule for a dog who will only be here for 2 more weeks. I will survive this, but I'm blaming her for my low energy days. I can't believe October is over!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 07:48 PM  
Helen

Very brief fly-by, even faster than a drive-by!

Sunday late morning.
We're taking Bridget, and lots of her stuff, to move into her new place in Sydney today.

Hours I've worked this week: SEVENTY!!!
So - that's life at the moment.

I know it's the 31st, last day of October.
Theme ideas?
Do we even want one?
Don't have to have one.....

LILI
That dog is a tyrant!! Yeah - blame her. You're good.

CLEDA
If you're going to be a KCM lemming, I can be a Cathe one - the yet-to-be-officially-announced heavy weights new series.

With Bridget going today that'll free-up some time. She's been trying to soak up as much 'Mummy-time' as possible the past few weeks.

Speaking of which, my fly-by time has become DRIVE time - time to get Alice in the car, last-minute idiot-check for things left behind.....

Sigh.... and I'm thinking about what WORK I need to get done ready for Monday.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-02-21, 02:29 AM  
Helen

Bare bones >> new thread << done

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-03-21, 08:54 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Maybe just the workouts?

Since we're into November. (thank you Helen for starting us off next month - I may have forgot to mention it!!!)

10/30/2021: Power Zone 60 mins
. Olivia, 5 km Scenic ride, 20 mins. Halloween ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. Post Ride stretch

10/31/2021: Sundays With Love Ally ride (30 mins.) 10 mins. Scenic ride, 15 mins. KCM dvd (not sure which one).

I had every intention of doing the entire 30 mins. of KCM's workout, but when she starting doing jump ups to the box, I said NO, NO , NO ..... So the 15 minutes would have to do. One thing i HAVE learned from KCM & Peloton is ... mixing and matching pre mixes is fine! and some days 15 mins. of something is FINE .... In this case, it was leg/hip/butt work with a band and it was sufficient.

Yep ... and this is why I think I'll be passing on the KCM's. I have plenty to keep me busy/occupied.

I also have to write to Bellicon and find out what the difference is between my current subscription and the "at home" subscription> I can get the "At Home" on my roku and therefore, it would be on the tv. Without much fuss. I just don't do my Bellicon workouts because it's not convenient. I'd far rather do my other rebounding workouts ....

But that reminds me: I think Hulu is breaking from You Tube so it might not be that convenient any more. doggone it ... why do they have to do that?

:: sigh :: oh well !!! I'll worry about that in Dec. when it happens.

That's a wrap for October.
Cleda