Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-21, 06:53 AM  
nschultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I like Britney Spears' music! Totally surprises people who know me.
Me too!!
I got to see her in concert in Vegas 5 years ago and it was so good. She’s always been my favorite.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 08:12 AM  
Gams

I like the music on The Partridge Family.

I also have always liked the Chipmunks Christmas song.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 09:57 AM  
MathTeacher

I LOVE Rockin' Robin by Michael Jackson.
Old 09-05-21, 12:13 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I downloaded several Spice Girls albums last year and really liked them. They made some terrific, well produced pop.

I love game shows, especially classic ones. Amazon Prime has Match Game, What's My Line, Blockbusters, many more. Pluto TV has Buzzr and a whole channel of classic Price Is Right.

I don't normally care for soaps but I got hooked on Nashville when it used to be on ABC and now IMDB TV has a Nashville channel! I often run it in the background.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 12:49 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

After lunch, with my afternoon coffee, I like to read the online advice columns. Not for the columnists, but the reader discussions. On the one hand, I'm amazed at what people get up to in life, but I've also learned quite a lot about socializing, lifestyles, beliefs and priorities in different parts of the country (US), and things I wish I learned many years ago.

I'm also having difficulty getting rid of my stuffed animals.

Okay, one more: I have Barry Manilow cd's in my car. 40 years ago, when he was really big, I was in junior high and never got to see him. But it wasn't until two years ago I saw him in concert about 40 miles from here. It was last minute, I got one of the last seats, and had a blast. It was like a huge sing-along, and everyone came out of there happy. Slightly different crowd from The Scorpions concerts I've been to
Old 09-05-21, 01:03 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Way back in the 80s my husband and I had a house built. While building it and for several years after we were hooked on exploring houses under construction. We lived in a small town and rural area and back then it wouldn't have been considered that big of a deal. We learned a lot about home layouts and spaces from walking through framed up and partially finished ones. Turned out to be very useful. Not something I would do today even though we are back in the same rural area. And construction sites are not as wide open as they used to be. But I do feel a draw whenever I see a house under construction.

Early in the pandemic my DH and I started watching a Hallmark movie together every evening. We've been remodeling a house, which is taking way longer than it would have before 2020, and moving in and out of temporary places and back into the not-quite-done house. This has been our way of forcing ourselves to relax and stop everything else in the evenings. I was surprised at first that DH was enjoying them, too, but he is an old movie lover and I think they're in a similar class as the movies he used to rent.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 01:03 PM  
bubbles76

I love sappy Hallmark Christmas movies. But only the Christmas ones.

Guilty pleasure blonde movies -- Legally Blonde, Clueless, and Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion. These movies will always put me in a good mood.

I have been known to listen to Beach Boys music when I'm in a really bad mood.

If anyone IRL knew these things about me, they would be tickled to death lol! I am a sassy, cynical NYer (although I was raised half my life in the South).
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 01:17 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
DH and I started watching the Below Deck franchise after COVID-19 was declared a pandemic. We’ve now seen all 8 seasons of Below Deck, all of season 1 and most of season 2 of Below Deck Sailing Yacht (which is awful - the worst of the franchise as far as I’m concerned) and we’re on season 6 of Below Deck Mediterranean which is airing now. And yes, we will watch season 9 of Below Deck when it airs. It’s not something we would have normally watched, but in the year plus of COVID it has been a mindless, soap opera like distraction.
I *LOVE* Below Deck! I'm watching the marathon this weekend instead of working! Hah! I love Captain Lee.

Actually, I'm a huge Bravo-holic. I will literally watch any Bravo show over anything else. I'm also a huge Southern Charm fan and all the Million Dollar Listings.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 03:01 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
Way back in the 80s my husband and I had a house built. While building it and for several years after we were hooked on exploring houses under construction. We lived in a small town and rural area and back then it wouldn't have been considered that big of a deal. We learned a lot about home layouts and spaces from walking through framed up and partially finished ones. Turned out to be very useful. Not something I would do today even though we are back in the same rural area. And construction sites are not as wide open as they used to be. But I do feel a draw whenever I see a house under construction.
My parents (especially my father) would walk through houses under construction too! Sometimes my dad would take my brother with him when he was a little kid. It was part of their bike riding adventures. They even took photos of the interior of one house (just wood framing). But I have slides of them both exploring the framing of some random house being built in the suburbs.

Probably a bad idea to do that in my area these days. My sister and her husband built what we called "the big house" about 15 years ago. My dad drove around a beat up station wagon at the time (come to think of it, my dad always drove a beat up station wagon). Well, since "the big house" was being built relatively close to where my parents lived, there were times my dad would drive by it on purpose, park the car on the side of the road and kind of hang around looking the property (not sure if he went on the property or just looked at it from the curb). Apparently the neighbors reported to my sister's husband that some random guy, badly dressed, balding, in a beat up station wagon was scoping out his build. Of course my brother-in-law knew exactly who it was We did finally get an official tour of the build once enough of the framing and stairs were done that it was safe to walk around. They've since sold "the big house" and moved to the city, which they prefer to living in the suburbs.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 07:10 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I like the music on The Partridge Family.

I also have always liked the Chipmunks Christmas song.
This is one of my earliest memories. Us kids were allowed to play in the basement, my grandma's old couch was down there and my brother's trains and we had a record player. The Chipmunks Christmas was a fav.

"I still want a Hula hoop" "Alvin!!!!"

And of course as a child of the sixties I listened to a lot of bubble gum music. I still have Bobby Sherman, the Partridge Family and the Monkees on my Ipod. I will not ever delete it.
Other guilty pleasures - Neil Diamond - I play solitary man repeatedly. Another one is the Jaggerz - the Rapper.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, off-topic