Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-13-21, 05:23 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 3 (July 13, 2021) Virgin
2004's Simply Pilates by Jennifer Pohlman

(I'm so SORE from Day 2, especially my thighs, so I needed something painless and slow today. This fits the bill -- slow and relaxing. Instructor has a nice voice and she was fairly easy to follow. She gives good pointers and tells you when to breathe in and breathe out, which I find very helpful. During Pilates exercise, I often forget how to breathe properly. I wish it came more naturally to me. I appreciate the constant reminders. Also, I'm not new to Pilates, but I'm not advanced either -- I'm probably a low intermediate student.)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 06:29 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Day 3, virgin.

So, I quit Pahla B's 30 day walking workout a day or two in. I had just finished her weight loss series and 1) I wanted to get back to other things and 2) I had reached my Pahla limit. Today's choice is from that series.

I love Pahla's balance workouts. I do one of her workouts weekly. I did day 11 from her walking series. I enjoyed it of course. I must have done later ones from this series though, Because there's a workout were she says "remember that story about me following over at the doctor's office?" And no, I don't???

The story is in this workout, lol.
I love balance work, so am going to have to try one of hers. I've never done a Pahla workout.

Day 3

Janna Kunitz: Figure 8 One-on-One

I was thrilled to find this in an Alabama thrift store. However, once I got it home, it languished around along with some other lonely DVDs.

I like the instructor 😊 Jaana gives very clear instructions. There’s a lot of hip work. Even though I almost tweaked my back a couple of times, I still want to try one of the easier, shorter workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJgB...TOyZROdvT7IiqZ
Old 07-13-21, 07:17 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Day 3
#4: Shelley McDonald / Caribbean Workout / Kickboxing (virgin? ancient dust bunny?)

This story behind this choice: Long day, lots of sitting, wanted to keep going with this challenge. I have a bin of random, loose (not in their case) DVDs. I noticed a pink one that only said "Kickboxing". Decided to give it a try. Once I pressed play, then the title and instructor came up. This was a fine little workout! Perfect for the end of a long day - just to get up & keep moving. I'm guessing Caribbean Workout was a TV show, as there were weird breaks in the workout. Anyhow, no choreography. Just simple moves repeated for reps. Maybe 20-25 minutes.

There are 3 other workouts on the DVD: another kickboxing and then two kickboxing + step. Even though it's old, so far it's a keeper. I absolutely love simple, short kickboxing "workouts" that I can just pop in and get some activity during the course of the day while tele-working.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 07:20 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'm also realizing that I have so many DVDs (& I want to go thru all of them to see which ones I can get rid of) that I could probably do 20 Days / 20 Different Instructors for many, many months!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 09:01 PM  
bubbles76

Day 3 - Karen Voight Total Body Pilates. I remember at least viewing this one, but can't confirm if I have actually have done it. So I'm counting it as a virgin . I completed it today, and can confirm I don't remember ever doing it lol! I really liked the workout. Wish there was more work for the quads, but it will definitely work your glutes and inner/outer thighs. A bit for hamstrings and abs too. Jazzy R&B flavored music, which most call elevator music, but I love. Definitely a keeper if you are avoiding squats and lunges.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 10:20 PM  
Helen

Day 3 = Tuesday, 13th July
Tracy York and Michelle Dozois
Cardio Dance
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 11:04 PM  
Helen

Day 1 (Sun 11th) - Shaun Thompson (CIZE - Go For It)
Day 2 (Mon 12th) - Christi Taylor (Solid Gold Step), Jillian Michaels (Body Revolution - Phase 1 - Workout 1)
Day 3 (Tue 13th) - Tracy York & Michelle Dozois (Work It Off Cardio Dance)
Day 4 (Thu 15th) - Cathe Friedrich (Fit Split - Low Impact Cardio | Metabolic Conditioning)
Day 5 (Fri 16th) - Adriene Mishler (True - Day 02 Trust)
Day 6 (Sat 17th) - Les Mills (Body Jam 23)
Day 7 (Sun 18th) - Kelly Coffey-Myer (New You Coming - Latte Mix)
Day 8 (Mon 19th) - Tony Horton (One On One - Apre Ski Stretch)
Day 9 (Tue 20th) - Men's Health Delta Fit (HEAT - Sweat & Stretch)
Day 10 (Wed 21st) - Mindy Mylrea (Strength Toolbox (first 30min))
Day 11 (Thu 22nd) - Abbie Appel (Strong & Stable Step)
Day 12 (Fri 23rd) - Jennifer Gilardi (Fit In Your Jeans - Abs Body Sculpt)
Day 13 (Sat 24th) - Laura from UK NHS (Couch - 5k x2)
Day 14 (Sun 25th) - Tracie Long (TLT - Better Burn Better Buns)
Day 15 (Mon 26th) -
Day 16 (Tue 27th) -
Day 17 (Wed 28th) -
Day 18 (Thu 29th) -
Day 19 (Fri 30th) -
Day 20 (Sat 31st) -
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 07:05 AM  
SherBear

Day 3 Tracey Mallett
F.I.T Functional Intensity training

Total Body option. This one was still the the wrapper from many years ago.
I needed something very short today. 25 minutes sold me.
Tracy is a good instructor and personable. I'll need to google her to see what else she does.

Balance moves, compound moves to work muscles and then some cardio sprints here and there to get your heart beating.

Pluses
Minimum equipment (2 sets of weights).
Efficient.

Minuses
Wouldn't call it intensive but certainly could have been if I did the other options (lower body and Abs) too.

Definitely a keeper for days that I am short on time.
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 02:13 PM  
Kitten

Day 4, dustbunny 10ms, the original with Michelle Nevidomsky.

I originally bought this brand spanking new on vhs. I used this at least once a week, all 5 segments. I have since bought it on dvd and it has sat collecting dust ever since. I remember really liking the pilates section and it being pretty hard. So, it's what I opted to do today.

Pros: Michelle does some moves I haven't seen in other pilates videos.

Cons: the last exercise has uneven reps.

I absolutely loved this workout, It is definitely staying in my rotation.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 02:24 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I love balance work, so am going to have to try one of hers. I've never done a Pahla workout.

I have discovered a new found love for balance workouts. If you have any favorites you'd like to suggest, I'd love to try them
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins