Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-20, 03:09 PM  
wendug

Yep. I've cut way back on my news consumption! And I visit many fewer websites because EVERYTHING is politicized now.

On a positive note, Psych has a new movie coming out!
https://www.etonline.com/psych-2-fir...clusive-147596

Seeing Gus and Shawn together again makes me smile!
Old 06-17-20, 03:15 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

PS - I've become addicted to The Great British Baking Show. Who knew it would calm me down so much that I fall asleep??? And I don't even bake.
Same! I don't bake anymore but I love the polite British humor and drama.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:15 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I like MeTV but here it shares a channel with the county so lots of time they preempt the scheduled shows for other things - Supervisors meetings, church services, local "celebrities" (and I'm rolling my eyeballs as I type that) hosting a cooking/lifestyle/real estate show, high school football games/coachs' corner shows, etc. One of the law firms sponsers an After Hours Cinema on Friday nights with some of the worst movies you could imagine. Most recently they've been televising all the local high school graduations.

DH loves to watch Hogan's Heroes before he goes to bed and sometimes I watch The Carol Burnett Show and Perry Mason after that.

I spent most of the summer last year watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix after I broke a bone in my hand and while I was doing at home PT once my cast came off. It's not on Netflix anymore, but it is on the Roku Channel. So I have been watching again.

I've also watched several Hallmark movies.
I watch Midsomer Murders on Acorn. I started re-watching a few months back and have picked up the pace since early March. Is it weird to say that there is something 'comforting' about that show?

I don't watch TV at all except for an occasional local news episode. Everything I watch is streaming, so no commercials or news. (I get news from a few select websites and I have a couple of weather apps that I check in with.) In addition to Midsomer, I've been watching mostly old sitcoms, although Grantchester on PBS has just started a new season and I've got some other shows in my queus that have new (to me) seasons that I want to watch soon -- Marcella, Dead to Me, etc.

Donna
Old 06-17-20, 03:26 PM  
zoegirl

I would love to find something to watch in the morning while I get ready for work. For years, it's been GMA or the Today show but I am news weary. Any suggestions? Don't want to really follow a plot while I'm busy getting ready, just something light to have on in the background.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:27 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I've become addicted to The Great British Baking Show. Who knew it would calm me down so much that I fall asleep??? And I don't even bake.
I find The GBBS very soothing. I also request it when I go to my dentist (they have tvs for patients to look up at while there).
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:46 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I would love to find something to watch in the morning while I get ready for work. For years, it's been GMA or the Today show but I am news weary. Any suggestions? Don't want to really follow a plot while I'm busy getting ready, just something light to have on in the background.
Tbs shows Everybody Loves Raymond from 6:30 am to 8 am Est followed by Seinfeld.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:50 PM  
sherry7899

I have to find where to view The Great British Baking show. I love baking and anything British, so it should be up my alley. It is not free on Amazon Prime. I will see if Netlix or Hulu has it.

Old 06-17-20, 03:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Yep. I've cut way back on my news consumption! And I visit many fewer websites because EVERYTHING is politicized now.

On a positive note, Psych has a new movie coming out!
https://www.etonline.com/psych-2-fir...clusive-147596

Seeing Gus and Shawn together again makes me smile!
Aw man! It looks like it's only streaming. Why can't things be on regular TV anymore?????

(Sorry. It would still tick me off on a normal day but I am exceptionally crabby today.)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:52 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have to find where to view The Great British Baking show. I love baking and anything British, so it should be up my alley. It is not free on Amazon Prime. I will see if Netlix or Hulu has it.
It's on Netflix. DD & I like to watch this together.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:53 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
It's on Netflix. DD & I like to watch this together.
Thank you!

Tags
board games, favorite tv shows