Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-20, 08:44 AM  
SEV

I use Ellen's streaming and this is one of my favorites. I haven't done a lot of her older stuff, so I can't say if it's exactly the same. I just know I feel really good after doing this one.

She does have a free trial for streaming. Not sure if that's an option for you, but it would be a way to try before you buy.

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 08:55 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have the DVD (gave the meditation CDs to Jackie ), but I don’t remember many details either. I’d have to do it again to remember how the sound is. I do it regularly, but I have so many Ellen DVDs (and also use her streaming) that it’s hard to remember which details in my head go with which ones.

I think it’s worth getting if only to have an Ellen that provides moves in a different order and with different conversation. Sometimes I pop an Ellen in and think “Wait, didn’t I just do this?” but I look and haven’t done it for a couple weeks. I’m just so familiar with them that it feels that way.

I do remember that this has several good ending points if you don’t want to do 45 minutes on a particular day. I have them noted on the cover. Now that I remember that, yes, this DVD does have a lot of new and interesting moves in it!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 09:49 AM  
daisymae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
I use Ellen's streaming and this is one of my favorites. I haven't done a lot of her older stuff, so I can't say if it's exactly the same. I just know I feel really good after doing this one.

She does have a free trial for streaming. Not sure if that's an option for you, but it would be a way to try before you buy.

Susan
Yes, I was thinking about trying it out since she has the 7 day free trial but I would have to figure out how to stream and I am a little technologically challenged. I have a smart TV but it's a Samsung and Vimeo says they don't currently support Samsung smart tvs, of course.
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 10:00 AM  
daisymae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I have the DVD (gave the meditation CDs to Jackie ), but I don’t remember many details either. I’d have to do it again to remember how the sound is. I do it regularly, but I have so many Ellen DVDs (and also use her streaming) that it’s hard to remember which details in my head go with which ones.

I think it’s worth getting if only to have an Ellen that provides moves in a different order and with different conversation. Sometimes I pop an Ellen in and think “Wait, didn’t I just do this?” but I look and haven’t done it for a couple weeks. I’m just so familiar with them that it feels that way.

I do remember that this has several good ending points if you don’t want to do 45 minutes on a particular day. I have them noted on the cover. Now that I remember that, yes, this DVD does have a lot of new and interesting moves in it!
Lol, thanks Joni! I know sometimes a different order does make a difference but I would like something new too. I bought her 7 day dvd when she said she was no longer going to make dvds and honestly it just collects dust on my shelf. I prefer her 45 minute workouts and do not really care to mix and match shorter workouts plus I didn't care for the slower pace she seems to be leaning towards. Total Body Tune Up seems to bit a hit with the Facebook group though and is supposed to be more like her older 45 minute w/o's so I think I am going to try to figure out a way to stream it through the 7 day free trial so that I can try it first. I certainly don't need yet another dvd collecting dust!
Old 01-06-20, 09:35 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I’ve only done this workout once and did enjoy it although I can’t remember the details! I will need to try it again. I haven’t tried the meditations yet either... as far as the workout goes, if you are an Ellen fan and looking for something new, I don’t think you will be disappointed.
Streaming is not an option for me and I was excited that she released a DVD (and hope she releases more!!). I am glad that I purchased this! I have only done the workout and enjoy this one, as I do her previous releases. I don't recall any issues.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 10:55 AM  
daisymae

Well I signed up for streaming and was able to preview it. I'm glad I did because I will not be buying it. I have all of Ellen's other dvds and this workout was a mix of all the same moves and a couple of the same moves with a twist, at a very slow pace. I was hoping for something fresh and new because I really like Ellen's workouts but I really enjoy her earlier work more. This workout would be great for a light day but since I already have so many similar workouts and have no interest in the meditation cds, it is not for me. Also, like in the clip on TF, the music was really quiet. I could barely hear it. If I turned up the volume, Ellen's voice was really loud so I was disappointed with that since I think I would enjoy the music if I could hear it better. Maybe I could adjust my sound settings on my tv but that seems like such a hassle. I'm hoping the sound is better on the others. I previewed Modern Interval and will probably try that today as well as some of her other workouts during my 7 day trial.
Old 02-05-20, 04:58 PM  
Lori_Michigan

After a rough year, I'm finally back to slowly working out again. I bought this one in Mary's sale, and LOVED it! (The audio is a little low though; I haven't done the meditations yet but I really should) Actually, I loved it so much that I signed up for Ellen's streaming -- and LOVE it!!

What a deal for $6 a month! And so many different options, including older ones. So happy she's offering the streaming. (I'd never done the 7 day workouts before, and some of those camera zooms are wonky. The two backgrounders though -- are they ballerinas? kind of an odd pairing with Ellen...)

I also am now DVRing Classical Stretch on my PBS station since they're running seasons 10-12 since I never signed back up for that streaming since they ditched Paypal. Between Ellen and these, I'm finally getting up and moving again, adding in Leslies through the week has really helped, too.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 06:40 PM  
donnamp

Lori - I'm glad you are back to working out!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 10:06 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks, Donna! You're so incredibly sweet. That totally made my day!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett