Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-15, 11:13 AM  
Sara1000

Grace and Frankie

I have mixed feelings about this show but I find Jane Fonda absolutely stunning. I believe she's in her mid 70's although she is supposed to be 70 in the series. She surely hasn't maintained that body doing her own workouts, the current ones I mean. Maybe if she still did her old stuff. Probably some body surgery too? For sure she's had work done on her face (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Who else is watching the show?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 11:25 AM  
cpcathy

I watched about two episodes and didn't find it funny, so I gave up. I found Jane distractingly skinny. It wasn't comfortable for me to watch. Lily Tomlin looks beautiful, though, with her long hair.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 11:59 AM  
nevertoolate

Like many new series, sometimes it takes a few episodes for a cast and storyline to hit its stride. After about 3 episodes the show took off and my husband and I really enjoyed it. We're looking forward to next season.

BTW, we're in the same age group and we found some of the age-specific issues addressed with humor and good taste.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 12:00 PM  
sherry7899

I watched one episode and could not get into it. I will give it one more try since I really like Lily Tomlin.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 12:34 PM  
MathTeacher

I love Grace and Frankie. It is very binge-worthy. All of the lead actors look great. They are four of my favorites.
Old 07-24-15, 12:56 PM  
Sara1000

It may be more a show for people in roughly that age group (60-70+). I enjoyed the first episode, abandoned it, then got back into it later, without my DH.

It's really hard to find anything decent to watch that we haven't already seen.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 01:18 PM  
Tiny

I loved the first season and can't wait for season 2. I am a huge fan of Lily Tomlin and fell in love with the entire cast.

With that being said I do think you have to get past the first 3 episodes for it to take off.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 04:19 PM  
dianestjohn

I thought the first couple of episodes were clunky and heavy-handed but by about episode 4 I started to really enjoy it. There's one super funny episode - the yam cream episode - and I also liked the yogurt shop episode. I wish Martin Sheen were more convincing in his role but in general I love the other actors. I am 57 and I hate shows and movies where anyone over 65 is demented or very infirm so I like that these characters still have a lot going on and are fit and attractive - I am looking for positive role models as I age. I think Lily Tomlin is still lovely and in very good shape, it's just that her character dresses for comfort rather than style, but I agree that Jane Fonda looks STUNNING. She is very thin and usually I find that less attractive but on her it looks splendid, maybe because her body is so well proportioned and she moves with such grace and wonderful posture. I know she has had hip surgery and knee surgery and there was one episode where she lifted up her legs, one at a time, and put her feet into the sink to rinse the sand off, and her flexibility was impressive even for someone younger and/or without arthritis. I also like Jane Fonda in general, she has a couple of books about aging and being your true self, she has talked candidly about the challenges of her partner having Parkinsons, she just recently said she has been in therapy because doing the show is a challenge and has brought up old issues. I wish this show godspeed because I want to see more shows featuring vital interesting older people.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 04:37 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
It may be more a show for people in roughly that age group (60-70+). I enjoyed the first episode, abandoned it, then got back into it later, without my DH.

It's really hard to find anything decent to watch that we haven't already seen.
I don't know, my favorite series, to this DAY, is the Golden Girls. I wasn't even a teen when they were on the air. Loved them then, love them now, have all seven seasons on dvd, and STILL watch them in reruns on cable when I can.

I may have to watch this show if it's anything like that
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 04:53 PM  
pricek

Love the show!! I can't wait for season two.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic