Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-13, 10:08 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Does it really matter if Susan generalized who comes in at the 4 hour mark? Let's please move on.
I agree completely.

It's pretty obvious that Susan P didn't mean any insult toward marathon runners -- I can't imagine that anyone would get offended by anything she posted, especially considering the topic of this thread. I mean, seriously, people died; people lost limbs; people were injured and terrified. I don't really think it's an appropriate time to get nitpicky over an innocent comment about marathon finishing times.
Old 04-17-13, 04:57 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

I realize that emotions are pretty raw about this tragic event, but let's not take it out on each other or I will have to close the thread. In the immediate aftermath of such an event and for some time after, there will be a lot of conflicting statements and corrections of previous statements, so I would like to ask everyone to keep that in mind and not argue about the details.

Thank you.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 06:37 AM  
isebelleg44

On Monday at about 3:00, I decided to check online to see who won the Boston marathon. I was in shock when I saw a reporting of a bombing. I have watched the race before in Boston and it such a fantastic experience. Such a horrific tragedy, where lives are changed forever in a blink of an eye.

One thing I learned from the Newtown tragedy, is that there is a lot of inaccurate news reporting in the first 24 hours following a horrific event. I avoided the news the last couple of days, but did see the commentary below.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t2

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 08:02 AM  
Harantwanders

My heart goes out to Boston and those affected by this senseless tragedy.
Old 04-17-13, 10:01 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

Susan, thank you - I appreciate your being so kind in response to my (grouchy) post.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 04:24 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
On Monday at about 3:00, I decided to check online to see who won the Boston marathon. I was in shock when I saw a reporting of a bombing. I have watched the race before in Boston and it such a fantastic experience. Such a horrific tragedy, where lives are changed forever in a blink of an eye.

One thing I learned from the Newtown tragedy, is that there is a lot of inaccurate news reporting in the first 24 hours following a horrific event. I avoided the news the last couple of days, but did see the commentary below.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t2
This article is so true...thank you for posting this. And you are correct, so much inaccurate reporting that time will flush out what is reality. So sad, my hearts go out to all the families whose lose I can't even begin to imagine.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marathon