Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-11, 04:23 PM  
kariev34

TA leg toning question

I'm so used to traditional squats and lunges for leg workouts which TA does none of. Do you all still find her workouts good for leg toning? I feel it in my hips and butt but not so much anywhere else. She is such a change for me in how I workout that its almost kindof scary to do something so completely different.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 05:52 PM  
cardiomama

I think so, as the entire leg is engaged for the floor-work exercises, moving (kicking, extending, bent/straight leg lifting, pulsing) in different planes and the static leg has a lot of engagement holding the body in place (and lower body engaged & moving w/ the standing exercises for the abs & arms, too). And if you're using TA's cardio, those work the legs really well (in combination w/ the MS workouts). I'm just working w/ the first month of the Meta Omni workouts but I think the legs get plenty of work (not just glutes & hamstrings).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 07:16 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I'm on level 4 of hip continuity and I think my legs look better than I guess ever... I'm 50. Toned and the shape * I think * is much nicer, that lower quad bulge from stepping or even squats is gone. I do her cardio about 3x week not every day.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 08:38 PM  
Scbayless

I find it very effective and I come from a classic firm background (aka traditional squats and lunges). I think that you have to just keep going and you'll see awesome results too
Old 08-28-11, 11:41 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
I find it very effective and I come from a classic firm background (aka traditional squats and lunges). I think that you have to just keep going and you'll see awesome results too
it is also kind of cool because as the level progress you also feel the muscles work differently if that makes sense. it is a neat feeling.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 06:30 AM  
kariev34

Thanks guys. Its just such a different way to workout then what I have been doing for almost 15 years. But, change is good and I'm enjoying doing something different.
Old 08-29-11, 06:55 AM  
goldillocks

I don't remember seeing a TA exercise where Tracy works the quads directly. I think Tracy doesn't like squats and lunges which she sees as resulting in bulking when done repetitively. I can feel my quads working mostly with her cardio with some of the higher impact moves.
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:19 PM  
CindyC923

Hi,

I agree with all the previous posts. TA leg work is great for toning and strengthening. I don't care if I never to another squat or lunge again since those moves did not seem to do anything good for my lower body. I think all those years of squats and lunges are what caused my very painful hip flexor problem. Doing TA workouts has helped that although I am still careful to not strain it during lower body and/or TA Ab work. It did flare up the other day after doing Post Pregnancy DVD but after taking a day off from workouts, it is fine. My only regret is waiting so long to try TA DVDs.

Cindy
CindyC923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 04:31 PM  
kariev34

Thanks again! I don't do her cardio or any type of dance cardio for that matter. Its not my thing. I plan on running, doing kickboxing, and the elliptical.

Cindy, I love this statement "My only regret is waiting so long to try TA DVDs" This is why i'm finally trying to stick with it.