Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-10, 02:28 PM  
boukilisa

What would I like to see Cathe work on next?

I wish she'd work on listening to her longtime customers with respect.

A request for something new or a suggestion for how to improve something old is not a personal attack on her or her business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Okay, so I'm beating a dead horse with this request, but I wish Cathe would include modifiers in her workouts. So many instructors do this (Tony Horton in P90X, Chalene in both CLX and Turbo Fire, KCM in her 30 minutes series to name a few) and it does not detract from the 'seriousness' or 'advanced' nature of the workouts. She could grow her audience so much with this simple thing. It still boggles my mind how she can't see the wisdom in this.
Quote:
Do a low impact high intensity series.
I third this.

I wish she would do even one or two low impact, high intensity workouts that didn't involve a lot of sharp turns or weird torque that can be hard on weak ankles and injured knees.
boukilisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 02:30 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhousegirl View Post
I came to Cathe rather late in the game and when I do an older one that I have acquired I don't like her style at all. I the new STS Cathe!
I like "newer" Cathe, too. I also love STS, but just not the music so much. With your own music, it rocks!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
mena

I would like Cathe to do an all upper body strength workout that is maybe about 45 minutes in length. Also, another stretch video like Total Body Stretching.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
HelloKitty88

I don't like the addition of beefcake in the STS workouts at all. I found them just plain annoying. And yes, the music is awful. I also don't like that they aren't staying with some kind of beat or tempo. Some kind of slower tempo music could have been used and followed.

There is a lot about the STS workouts that I didn't care for, the men and the music issue was probably the biggest for me as well. I agree that they have a "gym floor" feel...I think that and the music issue is what gave them the hum-drum feel and the lack of energy her other weight training workouts have.

For me the addition of the guys did absolutely nothing..in fact it turned me off to the workouts almost completely. I just found the addition of the guys very "hack" and trying to appeal to men to do the workouts. Also, maybe using guys in the workouts for women to drool over and get women interested in doing the workouts. Hack. I don't need eye candy in order to keep working out or to motivate me to workout.

The music issue..I'll leave that along as my opinion on that nobody will agree with. Any new series that she would do, if there is no complience with a nusical beat...I don't even want to mess with it.

I'd like to see a CTX-2 series. 1 hour workouts formatted like the original CTX series.
RS-2 is a great idea.
I'd like to have another series like the Pyramid workouts.
It would be fun to have 2 workouts formatted like ME and PH. Those are fun one hour workouts that kick butt and the chapters are great.
Slow&Heavy, it would be cool to have a set of workouts like the original series.

I guess people could say that these are the same as what Cathe has already done but, I think many would enjoy having a sequel to some of her most popular series of workouts. I know I would if they were done with good ideas, production and going back to some of the original concepts she used in the past.
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 02:41 PM  
Redeye

Quote:
I don't like the addition of beefcake in the STS workouts at all. I found them just plain annoying.
ITA!!

After years of perfecting my form due do Cathe's great instruction, why in the world did she use men who have HORRIBLE form??? It's very distracting, and not in a good way.
Old 07-04-10, 03:03 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I LOVE that STS has a gym feel and that there are guys in it!!! There's not enough "real" workouts on the market, whereas I think video exercising may have gotten a bad rap from the get-go with all the "feminine" 1 lb pink dumbell workouts out there to attract the maybe not-so-serious exerciser or the beginner.
I'm with you, Tugger. Personally, I stay far, far away from any exercise equipment (even exercise clothing) that is pink. I equate pink with sissy and I'm one tough biach!! I've got no problem working out with guys or with a video that has a gym feel to it.

Nothing against those of you who do like and may have pink equipment; I'm just stating my personal preference.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 03:26 PM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
ITA!!

After years of perfecting my form due do Cathe's great instruction, why in the world did she use men who have HORRIBLE form??? It's very distracting, and not in a good way.
Yes, and their over-the-top, eye bulging, chin jutting straining with their little itty-bitty weights (i.e. smaller than the ones used by the females who are at least a foot shorter and a good 100lbs lighter than some of them) combined with the hard rock-type music was simply too much!!

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the set from the sash series and the four day split series. The one on the sash series reminds me of a spa resort I once went to in Greece, and the the 4-day split set reminds me of the area where we take our winter vacations. I don't like the downtown loft one as much since I like to disconnect from scenes of downtown business districts when I'm working out...

Cathe, please bring back the friendly, fun feminine atmosphere. If I want a typical gym one full of serious types and lots of male eye-candy I can go to the fitness club two blocks from my home.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 03:28 PM  
noraW

I personally love STS as is. I have been using it for 4 months and I still look forward to the workouts. I love the gym/serious feel to it and also the results I am seeing. I wouldn't change anything about it. The guys in the background aren't distracting to me at all since a lot of the time I'm focusing on my own form or depending on what is going on, not even looking at the screen.

I wouldn't mind a follow-up to STS or as a previous poster stated, a follow-up to HIIT. I am loving both!
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 03:34 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I know this is boring, but I really really wish Cathe would make an Imax4, Bodymax3, Drillmax2, HSTA2, Full length Bootcamp 2, Hiit2....

Well, right now I'm so enamoured with her Hiit that I'd be happy if she just did a comparable follow up to that!
ITA with all of your suggestions. Oh, and please Cathe, bring back Jai. Deasie seems sweet, but Jai rocks. It's amazing how her physique and confidence have progressed since S&H. She's very motivating to me.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 03:46 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I've said this before, but I'll repeat: if Cathe had done P90X I'd have kept it...at least I'd have been more likely to. And if she does something like CLX that is TIME EFFICIENT and doesn't feel the NEED to keep the workouts so long, then I'd sure be interested.

Tags
cathe, workout wishes