Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-10, 12:02 PM  
kpieczy

I guess I like STS as it is. I think it's a bit different than her other stuff and I'm ok with that.

I too would like to see Rhythmic Step 2. Rhythmic Step 1 is one of my favorites. I find myself humming the music all day long.
Old 07-04-10, 12:13 PM  
Hej

I second a Cross Train Express 2, more IMAXes and more step workouts like Rhythmic Step and Step Blast. Those are my personal favorites. And before Shock Cardio I always felt that for me she had the perfect balance between fun choreography and intensity. Though I like others such as Bento, Staehle, and Coffee-Meyer very much, their limited breakdowns always have me either missing steps or missing intensity.

I wonder, though, if the athletic-but-choreographed step Cathe does in those types of workouts isn't going out of fashion...
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:14 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
Make Rhythmic Step 2.

Do a high intensity low impact floor workout and step workout (like Low Impact Circuit, I love that one).

Do a kickboxing workout with the enthusiasm and fun factor of KPC.

But mostly, just make Rhythmic Step 2.
I agree with these, especially Rhythmic Step 2--I have always thought Cathe's best workouts are her step workouts.

I 'd also like another hour long total body strength workout, with equal attention given to upper & lower body, also with adequate abs & stretch sections.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:15 PM  
acescholar

I know this is boring, but I really really wish Cathe would make an Imax4, Bodymax3, Drillmax2, HSTA2, Full length Bootcamp 2, Hiit2....

Well, right now I'm so enamoured with her Hiit that I'd be happy if she just did a comparable follow up to that!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:17 PM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
But it has to have the same vibe, recognizable music and happiness of the Body Blast or Intensity series. Whatever she comes up with next, that's going to determine if I order.
Yeah, I totally agree with this! I'd also be interested in a CTX 2!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:21 PM  
Tugger31

I LOVE that STS has a gym feel and that there are guys in it!!! There's not enough "real" workouts on the market, whereas I think video exercising may have gotten a bad rap from the get-go with all the "feminine" 1 lb pink dumbell workouts out there to attract the maybe not-so-serious exerciser or the beginner.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:32 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post

I wish Cathe would do an updated version of CTX. Short, well-cued cardio in a variety of styles with 10-15 minutes of weight work on the end that can be mixed and matched. CTX is still one of my favorites and gets a lot of use when I am on a Cathe kick.
Great idea - and it has to have awesome music!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:46 PM  
ellaenchanted

1. make more 60 minute or less workouts

2. more lower impact floor and step

3. something similar to Jari's Ripped and Chiseled w/ Cathe flair and lower reps
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:50 PM  
furmomof6

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 12:51 PM  
steakhousegirl

Being a fan of P90X I love, love, love the more masculine feel of STS. I also like the music as it pumps me up. I really don't like more feminine workouts (some Firms).

I came to Cathe rather late in the game and when I do an older one that I have acquired I don't like her style at all. I the new STS Cathe!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, workout wishes