Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-07, 06:12 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw
Actually, there ARE people who likes what she puts out... I'm one of them! I have no complains about her workout. I think her workouts are top-notched, nobody rivals her, IMO. It'll be a very sad day for me if she stops making videos.
I totally agree with you!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 06:13 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw
Actually, there ARE people who likes what she puts out... I'm one of them! I have no complains about her workout. I think her workouts are top-notched, nobody rivals her, IMO. It'll be a very sad day for me if she stops making videos.
Ditto (except I do have SOME complaints now and then, like the music at times ).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 06:18 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
If instructors don't want honest critique, both good AND bad, they need to stay away from VF. If they just want to read compliments and rave reviews, they ned to stick to their own forums. Why come here if you don't want to hear all viewpoints?

If you can't take the heat, get out of show business!
I agree.

One would hope that upon reading they would improve something. But that doesn't happen to often.
Old 11-06-07, 06:20 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl
no kidding..... *sigh* these announcements that she's going to be making an announcement got old about 10 pre-announcements ago.....

but she still ignores other questions that don't give her the chance to do her signature "i'm going to make an announcement"....

she certainly doesn't act like she reads these forums.... she doesn't ever seem to improve upon things that are griped about over and over! (plus... how do you know she reads it? )
You can spin it any way you like . Just a couple more thoughts:

I don't know if Cathe ever reads this Forum. But based on the changes that I have seen over the years, she does listen to her customers and has used their input to make changes.

If these annoucements are getting old, why open this thread and follow the link . It's kinda like Alta is saying, if you don't want to hear it then don't read it.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 06:25 PM  
caligurl

i didn't even have to open the link to find out she made an announcement about making an announcement....

as for critisising "her highness"... this is VF so i can do that... it's the cathe forums that you aren't allowed... god forbid... to say anything bad about cathe's workouts! and that's why i post here and not there... you can post both sides here.....

i can do her workouts without all the drooling and gushing that goes on over there...
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 06:32 PM  
jordan

Quote:
(snip)
as for critisising "her highness"... this is VF so i can do that... it's the cathe forums that you aren't allowed... god forbid... to say anything bad about cathe's workouts! and that's why i post here and not there... you can post both sides here.....

i can do her workouts without all the drooling and gushing that goes on over there...

No one on this thread said that you couldn't criticize Cathe.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 06:49 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
i didn't even have to open the link to find out she made an announcement about making an announcement....
Again, she didn't make an announcement about making an announcement. As Jordan says, she just answered someone's question.

One can be critical of Cathe or any instructor (when I am whenever I have anything to be critical of!) without making up something to criticize (as in this case, harping on the 'making an announcement about making an announcement' thing--yes, she has done that in the past, and it got a bit tedious, but that's not the case here).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 07:12 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Well, truthfully, I can't wait to read the announcement! I did see the thread at her forum, and she was just answering a question. If it weren't for Cathe, I'd be eating bon bons on the sofa watching Starsky & Hutch reruns.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 07:21 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb
W If it weren't for Cathe, I'd be eating bon bons on the sofa watching Starsky & Hutch reruns.
And what pray tell is wrong with that?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 07:30 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Cathe said that she is putting ducks in a row!! That must mean she is planning a new swimming workout, or maybe a shooting gallery game for the Wii.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement