Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-13-22, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and a major TGIF! What a stressful week at the office. I never want to have to onboard two new employees in one week again. All my introvert alarms, bells and whistles have been going off and I just want to hide! Anyway:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D1
~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 12
~ Quick walk at beach
~ 6,413 steps

Unfortunately I couldn't take the long walk planned, because it was still very cold at the beach. After a quick spin I sat in my car and meditated on the birds and the ferries cruising by.

Diane, does Medicare have dental or are you using a dental supplement? If you don't mind my asking. Nice body weight moves there. You're so right about not being able to get time back.

Good luck with the bathroom remodel Donna! I hope it comes out exactly as you want it. That's too bad Pahla was aggravating your piriformis. I know you like her. Keep feeling better!

Pam, yes my grandniece Char is the yoga teacher. She has already been offered a teaching job at the local studio where she got her YTT!

Good to hear you enjoyed the nice weather, Summer Breeze. I hope your hair holds up!

Happy Friday!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 09:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk

Ah springtime in NJ. We go from cold & rainy to very warm & muggy in a flash. It was actually very nice yesterday but it did get to 81 and I was wearing leggings so it was my fault I felt so warm. Plus I guess my body is just not used to the warmer weather yet. I'm not complaining!

PAT, hope you get to relax this weekend after your hectic work week. I'm starting Medicare next month (never thought I'd be happy to be turning 65 but my current insurance is terrible) and the dental insurance is extra you have to add on. I'm not in a financial position right now for the extra expense but I'm sure it's good to have.

DONNA, good luck with the bathroom remodel. That's so stressful having workmen in the house for 2 weeks no less!

PAM, lovely workouts.

DIANE, I'm sure I've mentioned before all my back diseases. Degenerative disc disease, arthritis, scoliosis which I just found out about in my 50s. No one ever mentioned it before. But my back issues aren't ever going away that's for sure. I'm just thankful when I can keep the pain at bay for awhile.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 04:25 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everybody!

Muggy as all get out today, which is not my favorite. NY is have a major uptick in Covid cases. The family of the cat and dog I care for all have Covid. For the dad, it’s his 3rd time. Their new less-than-a-month-old granddaughter also has Covid but she's doing well thankfully. We’re thinking the mom caught it while in the hospital. Sigh…. I’m nervous about my upcoming summer concerts. I will absolutely forgo them as I’d rather be out some money but not get Covid. I used to watch the news when they showed China and all the citizens wearing masks because of some viral outbreak and I used to think, “Poor people. Thankfully this won’t happen here.” I was so naïve. Anyway…..

Today’s workouts:
Jenny Ford Step and Weights – one of her live workouts from Amazon
Tamilee’s Challenge – 3 sets of 10 Knee Tucks
Bad Yogi’s Yoga for Hips and Hamstrings (15 mins)
Afternoon: Mady Morrison’s 15 Min. Full Body Stretch | Daily Routine for Flexibility, Mobility & Relaxation – Day 7
I found this by accident and it was very nice and relaxing – no talking, nice music, which reminds me of the music used in several British PBS shows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_tea8ZNk5A

Pat: I’m so glad your stressful week is done! The dental insurance comes with the Highmark Medicare Advantage plan. The plan my husband has – and the one I plan on getting – gives him a $50 a month discount on the government’s Medicare plan. His Medicare costs us $120.10 I believe a month. With that savings, he opted for a good dental plan for $31 a month, which we paid a year upfront. It’s actually a good deal, especially if your dentist is in network (ours isn’t). Highmark, originally Blue Shield of NE NY, is a PPO and can be used anywhere in the country if one decides to travel. Right now, I have Highmark’s Obamacare Bronze plan and it’s $444.27 a month – I’m chomping at the bit to get on Medicare! Very high deductible and high out of pocket so Medicare is a much better deal. When you're ready, I'm happy to answer any questions. I used to work for Oxford Healthcare in the Spanish Medicare department. Things have changed but the basic Medicare has stayed pretty much the same.

Summer Breeze: I didn’t know about your back issues. That truly sucks – it must feel like our bodies are betraying us. That’s how I felt after my stroke. All these aches and pains that go along with aging are sometimes hard to ignore but I’m trying. As Bette Davis said, “Aging is not for sissies”. Indeed. Still, you’re doing what you can and working around the issues. Good on you! As for “spring” being here, we’re going to have to put the A/C on tonight. I just want a couple of weeks without heat and A/C but Mother Nature has the final word.

Waves to Donna and Pam! Have a great evening everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 11:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello & happy Friday, a quick post and run….

Yesterday’s workouts:
~My friend’s Essentrics class
~Cardio: 15 min gliding, 15 min rebounding, short walk, 9,833 steps
~Stretches & yin poses….reclined tree, half frog, modified fire log, deep shoulder stretch

Todays workouts:
~Qi Challenge day 11 - I keep falling behind
~Long walk with a friend, 12,514 steps
~Strength circuit day 2
~stretch & yin as above

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-22, 08:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I cancelled my usual Saturday AM routine and am enjoying a pot of chocolate chai in my pajamas. DS is coming by this afternoon for our Mother's Day/birthday visit. Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 13
~ Lunch walk
~ Evening walk to my osprey nest
~ 8,384 steps

I'm getting concerned about my nest. Adults have been in the vicinity but I haven't seen one situated on the nest in a couple weeks now. By this time eggs should be laid and the parents actively taking turns incubating. It is possible that Mom is tucked tightly over them and flattened out on the nest so I can't see her. Today's local news headline will be "Old Lady Photographing Nest Kicked Off Ballfield Mid-Game." What do I know about baseball? How would I know I'm in the outfield in danger of getting doinked by a flyball? Roll Eyes!

Pam, have a great weekend!

Diane, that's not good news about the uptick. Or the humidity. Sending prayers for the baby, how concerning. Do you play an instrument or sing? I used to think the same thing about masked people in China ... sigh. PS - thank you VERY much for your Medicare insight.

Summer Breeze, it sure did get muggy! We had a lot of fog during my walk last night. We seem to have similar back problems. Thank goodness we both have the exercise habit.

Hope all is going well at Donna's house.

Make it a great day everyone!
Old 05-14-22, 12:26 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up....

Yesterday was:

Burpee Girl - 30 Min Low Impact HIIT workout - this was much like the other workouts I have done w/ Burpee Girl - cardio/bodyweight sculpting.

Today has been:

Ellen - Power & Balance

So far I'm really pleased w/ my Contractor for the bathroom - he tells me when he is coming, if he is going to be late, etc. It is so refreshing. I know to expect him Monday at 10...so that is nice.

I also received a job offer - it is a lateral transfer - doing pretty much what i do now but for another department. I'm on the fence about taking it - I have to think it over some to decide. I don't think it could be worse than where I am and it may possibly be better....the boss seems nice and there is no interest in returning to the office for that group. So, that is good. The only thing that stops me is I do like my current boss, but I sometimes wonder how long she'll be around and then that leaves the possibility open of getting someone really bad....anyway...gotta think it over some this weekend.

We have a wedding to go to this afternoon - I hope the weather holds up. Very humid and threatening rain.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!!

It is funny that areas north of us have been much warmer this week!! But we're getting the humidity now. Although it is not terribly hot.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-22, 04:07 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everybody!

Very humid so we got out early to hit the bike trail. DH ran, I biked. And I have given in and turned on the A/C.

Today’s workouts:
Bike ride – 9.25 miles
Yoga with Bird – quick 10 minute stretch.
Afternoon – 10 minute intense abs – no cues, just timed with electronic music. Liked the exercises but didn’t care for the music.

Pam: Great workouts as always!

Pat: LOL! I’ll be looking for those headlines! That would be me. I always try to protect the animals which always leads me to constant worrying! Yes, the uptick. I have 5 concerts scheduled this summer, all outdoors but I’m under the “shed” so to speak. I bought all these tickets early in the year because it looked like we were coming out of this. I told my husband I will take each concert one by one. If I don’t feel safe, I’m eating the ticket. Lesson learned that this pandemic is so not over any time soon, at least in NY. I believe the baby is doing well, sent home from the children’s hospital, which is a good thing. But the entire family is sick with Covid. Westchester County, NY is having a major resurgence of the virus and that is where they live. You’re very welcome about the Medicare info!

Donna: Good news about the contractor. It's always a worry. We dodged a bullet as we were going to use a contractor that has been in the area forever. Turns out he cheated the last few customers as well as didn't bother to finish jobs. It could have been us. Enjoy the wedding!

Waves to Summer Breeze!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It suddenly got hot and humid, but my son and I had a nice visit, including a visit to historic Fort Trumbull which has beautiful views of the Thames River and LI Sound. We saw several osprey nests and views of American oyster catcher and cormorant nests on a small island in the sound.

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 14
~ My own back PT and stretch
~ Birding walk
~ 9,059 steps

Hello to all!
Old 05-15-22, 02:28 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm tired today! The wedding was fun - but it started late - so ended late.

All I did today, so far has been - Ellen - Peace, Love & Cardio

Maybe I'll do something else, maybe not.

At the wedding i talked to one of the guests who worked in both departments - the department I"m in now and the one where I have the opportunity to transfer, and she recommended that I transfer - she said it is much less of a headache working there. I'm inclined to take it now. She said less red tape and I'm all about that.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. I'm probably heading back to the couch shortly.

Oh - i think the humidity finally made its way here, I'm surprised it took so long.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! It was so beautiful here yesterday.

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 15
~ Beach walk
~ 5,807 steps

Donna, good to hear you had fun at the wedding. Wow, meeting a woman who works in that department almost seems like a message from the Universe. Good luck! PS - can you send that contractor here?

Diane I hope you get to enjoy at least some of those concerts. I can understand your concern for sure.

Good morning Pam and Summer Breeze!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga