Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-01-22, 05:12 PM  
wendug

jetlitis- I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but it sounds like she is on the right path to getting better. I feel the same way as you about working out; it is a great way to get rid of stress! But I also don't worry if I miss a day or two.

Caroline Girvan- Iron Series #14 Unilateral Full Body Workout. I think I like her full body workouts better than focused body parts. Sometimes the focused workouts are just too much for one body part. Gigi - I don't think you'll like this workout- lots of bulgarian lunges, static lunges, and reverse lunges. For a full body workout, this one has a heavy emphasis on legs.
Old 05-01-22, 05:15 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post

Jordan Yeoh Fitness
Massive Calorie Burn (I don’t think so) (20m)
LOL! You have to be weary of YT instructors saying that a workout "burns 500 calories in 30 minutes" or "massive calorie burn." They are just trying to get you to click on their workout!
Old 05-01-22, 07:20 PM  
gigi

So, I have got to start making myself get out in the sun for a bit on the weekend. I literally slept all day Saturday. I have my annual doctor appointment this week, so I'll be talking about all of this with her.

I give up on the Iron Series for now. Since I'm having difficulty sticking to a schedule I want full body training I can alternate with cardio. For some odd reason, I though Cathe's Lite Pyramid Pump would be a good full body workout to start with. That one hour workout took me a lot longer as I had to stop and huff and puff. There are 52 reps per move with the pyramid. I started out using heavier weights. I quickly started doing the weights Cathe and crew were using. Holy moly!

With the Iron Series I felt like certian body part were getting worked than I'd go 3 or 4 days and I feel like when I do Iron Series, I want to be able to follow the rotation as closely as possible so my entire body is worked in one week, if that even makes sense to anyone. LOL!
Old 05-02-22, 05:14 PM  
wendug

Today I just needed to get back to my beloved kickboxing!

Turbo Jam- Punch, Kick, & Jam
KCM- Kickboxing with Light Dumbbells

I viewed a few Billy Blanks workouts on YT, but I just wasn't in the mood for all the counting today. Maybe I'll do one of his workouts later in the week.
Old 05-02-22, 05:33 PM  
gigi

I just finished Oliva Lawson 45 Minute No Repeat Walking Step Workout. I liked it becasue it is not just marching in place. She messed her arms up a bit on the other side which through me off. It was a nice sweaty workout but I don't feel wiped out. I finished this with the stretch from Cathe's Boss Loops Glute & Core. It's one of my favorite stretches.
Old 05-03-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

DC Fitt- 60 minute full body dumbbell workout. Wow! I am spent after this workout! Fantastic!
Old 05-03-22, 06:13 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I’m up to CG Iron Series #21 DB Legs. My internet froze at about the halfway point and I couldn’t get it to reload (I have Comcast and it happens sometimes, ugh). I took it as a sign to try again tomorrow (since it’s the wkout with all the step ups I was subbing with a static lunge anyway). I detest step ups, lol. I downloaded #21 & #22 to my iPad in case it acts up again tomorrow.

I’m also doing an iFit Walk/run interval program. It’s via an app on my treadmill & iPad. I love iFit! Lots of programs/workouts to choose from now!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 09:21 AM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
LOL! You have to be weary of YT instructors saying that a workout "burns 500 calories in 30 minutes" or "massive calorie burn." They are just trying to get you to click on their workout!
I'm not currently using a calorie counter, but I don't believe any of that. Besides, I'm a very petite woman, and I know that smaller-sized bodies don't burn as many calories. However, one can hope!
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 09:32 AM  
jetlitis

May 2
Prevention Walk Your Way Slim with Michelle Dozois (45m)

May 3
KCM: RAW 15 Minute Boxing Workout

Jessica Valant Pilates:
  • 20 Minute Full Body Pilates Workout
  • 10 Minute Quick Core Workout
  • 10 Minute Stretch Workout

May 4
(To be added later, if I end up doing a workout. I'll be with my mom for most of the day at the hospital today.)
No workout today -- physically and mentally exhausted after my 8 hour hospital visit.

May 5
Jessica Smith Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts
  • Fast Fat Burn (15m)
  • Dance Party (15m)
Chris Freytag Indoor Walk (15m)
Gina Buber: Oldies Walking Workout (15m)

I'm still exhausted from yesterday's hospital visit, plus some added back pain from "prolonged sitting," but I read that walking helps relieve back pain, so I decided to do some gentle walking today.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 05:23 PM  
wendug

Christa Dipaolo- 40 Minute Sweatbox workout. I did like this workout; however, I did not like how PopSugar put 5 (!) ads in the short workout, which did not include the 2 ads at the beginning. Time to skip the PopSugar workouts.

Also, I did a bit of yardwork today, so I'm including that for workout time.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts