Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-22, 11:53 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post

Thursday would have been my mom's 88th birthday. When I got home from work the iris's I transplanted from her yard to mine were blooming. First bloom of the year. Heart moment.
How nice that the blooming coincided with her birthday. It's almost as if she was sending you a message of love.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 11:55 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Nathalie, I thought about you today since I chose another Cathe Live that has the Insane Smiling Woman in it! It's #249 Cardio Fusion. Cathe introduced her as a visitor. I guess she visits a lot since she's been in several of the Lives, fully made up and smiling like crazy. I still think she is auditioning--it just doesn't look natural to me like the other participants.
I so agree with you on the audition comment! And she distracts me a lot also. At least her form isn't too bad!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 11:56 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I had elbow tendonitis a few years back. I went for physical therapy and they used the "ASTYM Therapy." It was like the fascia blaster in that it hurt and you ended up horribly bruised. It took a long time, but it worked.

One thing that didn't work was doing the "Tyler Twist" with this bar:

TheraBand FlexBar Resistance Bar

It helps some folks. But made the pain worse for me.

Yesterday, my hip was bothering me so I had a low-key day. I did this posture workout mentioned by Negin in the Posture thread:

HOW TO CORRECT YOUR POSTURE-At Home Exercises to Improve Your Posture | Michelle Wilson

Short and sweet! I also did some qi gong before bed.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 05:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

horusosiris, I never would have thought to foam roll my triceps, but I probably should have! I tried last night -- wasn't sure exactly how to do it, so I'm sure I looked rather amusing. I need to look it up along with the video kittybug sent and the ASTYM link that Vintage included. Thanks to all of you!

Oh and Vintage, that posture video looks good -- I'll give it a try soon, too.

Chele, it sounds like you did a good job turning around your mood -- I really admire you for your ability and persistence doing that. You are a champ! I'm off to remind myself what Paramore's music is after this.

cataddict, I put that Cardio Muscle Fusion on my list. Funny that you did a Christmas workout.

This morning I did the Iron Posterior Chain one -- manleym, it did not fly by for me. It wasn't like it dragged, but I definitely was wondering how many more hip thrusts we had at some point. Suddenly though, it was done, so maybe that's the feeling you had.

Beautiful day here. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Old 04-24-22, 06:03 PM  
Mickey12

I’m still here, just not feeling the urge to post, not sure why. I have been continuing my workouts. Did a ton of yard work yesterday so that was my exercise and I was pooped. Such a gorgeous day here today that I spent a good deal of the day just sitting on the deck in the sun. Glorious.
Old 04-24-22, 06:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

I realize I took so darn long to post yesterday that others posted before my post was finished. I will make this one shorter!

Today I did Step Works stepless and it flew by! I remembered one reason I like choreographed workouts is that I am focused on learning the moves and it distracts me for realizing how hard or long a workout might be. I'm also designing my own modifications when Cathe doesn't offer them (which she does, more often than I thought she did, but I probably wasn't paying attention since I didn't need them way back when. This one only had a smidgeon of cheese.

I still have a couple of other old Cathe steps to do---Step in Motion 1 and Mega Step Blast (I think that's what it's called).

For some reason I don't get sore elbows that last for more than a day or two. I think I was doing a lot of Jari Love and she does do a lot of exercises that are high rep and affect the elbow joint. Hmmm...

manleym, I didn't catch that the flowers bloomed in time for your mother's birthday. So sweet---I'm sure she was looking down on you.

bee, haha I didn't think about doing a Christmas workout in April. Funny but I have the CL called "Jingle all the Way" on my "to do" list for this week.

Kim, glad you are still here and okay! I hate it when the posting errors happen. It seems to be so random too.

Keeping it "short" (relatively so) like I said I would! Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 07:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Today I did Squeeze Stronger because I had it planned for my rotation this week and then realized it's 80 minutes long so I had to do it today instead of later in the week. I used to do this one pretty regularly back in my barre days and it always killed me. I'm happy to say that while it's still tough, it didn't kill me, though there were some things that gave me huge pause like breakneck speed dead-lifts for a warm up. Uh, yeah, I just went cautiously with my range of motion until I was sure I was warm. I followed that up with a hot soak in bath salts, and my joints feel great right now.

Kim, glad to see you, and I get it! I did a lot of the same this weekend...chores to no end yesterday and a LOT of patio time today in the sun. Plus, two of our neighborhood cats seem to have adopted us. One used to be very nearly feral even though she "belongs" to a neighbor (whatever, she lives outside), wouldn't ever give me the time of day, and now suddenly she comes running TO me, rubs all over me and purrs. Weirdest. Thing. Ever. The other is a boy from across the street that is a huge love bug. I'm calling them Five and Six right now because they are not our cats and I will not get attached, no, I will not.

Manleym, your flower story gave me chills. How beautiful!

Chele, I agree with Bee's assessment that you're a total champ and very inspiring!

Nathalie and FN2, I have to check out this Smiling Woman because I can't think who she is...I must have seen her by now, right?

Oh, and I have a similar "Nancy" story with Jessica Smith. I had an issue with one of her DVDs not playing properly so I contacted the seller I got it from on Amazon....and when the response was signed by "Jessica" I asked if that was THE Jessica and proceeded to gush all over her and Peanut like a shameless fan girl. She responded again and was SO sweet and genuine and it just made me love her even more!!!

Waves all around and hugs to those who need them. Enjoy what's left of your Sunday!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 09:40 AM  
ChelePA

Nathalie and Cataddict...You ladies make me want to get Live just to see the smiling lady in Cathe's workouts

Kim...glad to see all is well. Sometimes we just need a break from the electronics. Our patio is officially clean with furniture out and ready to go. Yesterday was perfect.

Kittybug...I would totally be a fan girl if that happened. Would love to meet Cathe in person one day. Also, really like many of the Peloton instructors. A few of the people on Facebook actually stalk them outside the NYC studio to try and get pictures. A little too much for me.

VVfer...some great recommendations and I also like that you shared what didn't help. Going to check out that posture workout...thanks for the link!

Bee...I don't think I've ever just foam rolled triceps either. You need to video so we can all see

Horusosiris...interesting that you do paper workouts with Caroline's routines. I can definitely see how that would work since she's so detailed.

Manleym...sounds like you really are enjoying the Iron series. I also think it would be a great one for Kate based on everyone's reviews but I know it's shorter than her Epic Challenges.

After the debacle yesterday with Cathe's step workout, I decided to try a basic Kat routine. I chose one with her sister since she always does low impact as a modifier. Many times she totally messes up...haha. Basic step #9 was all 80s music. I was able to do this workout with no issues. Yay! Kat is very repetitive in her basic videos which is a plus for me these days. The neighborhood dog made an unexpected appearance. Finished with Peloton schedule of 10 minutes core, 20 minutes legs and glutes, and lower body stretch.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 04:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kim - good to see you!

cataddict - I think Cathe used to give more instruction, cueing and form pointers in her vintage workouts. Maybe her regulars got tired of hearing them?

kittybug - Those warp speed deadlifts in the Squeeze warm-up seem dangerous to me. I haven't done that one in years, I remember doing my own warm-up.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 05:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oye, I am SO SORE from Squeeze Stronger (and VVfer, yep, those deadlifts are just asking for trouble! Funny it didn't used to seem that way to me but now? Wow!) Then I did CL 274 Power Legs today because that was my plan and I did not know I'd be this stinkin' sore all over. Hope I can walk tomorrow and my upper body doesn't feel like it's been beaten by a bat anymore.

Sometimes I do CL and think it'd be nice to see Allison and Kristen as cast members in some of her DVDs. Stuff I do to distract myself when I'm suffering, hah!

ChelePA, glad you're back to Kat's step! I was going to suggest that because I remember how much you loved her stuff. I need to revisit her too, actually.

Stay fierce, all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.

Last edited by kittybug; 04-25-22 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Typo!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in