Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-22, 03:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I ran 2.15 mi for wk3 day1 of 10k trainer, day 1 of Lee Holden's free 5-day Qi Gong challenge, Caroline Jordan Tight Psoas & SI Joint Exercise Routine (new to me), and ball/foam rolling.

I can't believe it's about time to start the April thread already.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 10:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Tuesday I only did day 2 of the Qi Gong challenge. Yesterday I did day 3 plus my PT stuff. I had a chiro appt yesterday morning and almost went through the roof when he went for the hip flexors after I told him about the restriction I was feeling in my bad hip. I knew they and my quads were feeling tight on that side but I had no idea just how bad! He told me to get a lacrosse ball bc I need to use smthg harder than what I've tried before. My walking was so much freer after that and I could actually stay in reclined cobbler's pose without support under my thighs for as long as I was supposed to. Huzzah! I'm ordering a lacrosse ball today bc I couldn't find any at Walmart.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-24-22, 10:15 AM  
Vantreesta

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=232554

April thread is up!

Old 03-24-22, 12:04 PM  
Catahoula Cate

March has been a "never a dull moment" sort of month so far. Things are a little slower today so I'm getting caught up or trying too. We've actually had a few very Spring like days which are heavenly! I'm not getting consistent walks in yet but a few more. I finally got back into doing Upright Health's hip pain follow along. I took at least 1 week break from it and probably wasn't a bad idea. I'm continuing with independent/PT exercises and they are going well.

Vannie, I'm so glad you got to go snowshoeing! I'll bet it was pretty. re: the psoas, my PT has me using the YTU therapy balls in the tote. She encouraged me to put a hand towel betweenme and the therapy the balls. The first time she worked on them was YIKES pain too! Guerilla Zen came up with a good tutorial about tight poas muscles about 3 months ago. The latter part of the video talked about the relationship between the glutes and the psoas. Yep, you guessed it....all goes back to too much sitting and weak glutes. He spelled it out better for me than others have so now I understand it more. I've got to hear some of these things multiple times it seems to get it. Here's the clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MVtaS8TBp4

Thanks for getting the April thread up. I'm hoping for some April showers....we are really dry here.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 06:07 PM  
Leonana

No workouts for me, I've had constant tooth pain during the last four weeks. But I have lost 15 pounds, so there's that. Liquid or soft food seems to have less calories.

It's mainly one tooth. I've had three root canals in three weeks, and two of them are fine thankfully. But one has consistently been painful. I saw the endodontist yesterday, and he thought the bite needed adjusting. The tooth was too high. Today I got the permanent filling from the dentist, and it does feel better. Maybe the temporary filling wasn't sealing it well. The dentist also adjusted the bite. Anyway, crossing my fingers that it heals!

Vannie good job on the workouts.

Katie, I'm glad you got some nice walks in.
Old 03-24-22, 07:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, Sherry, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with tooth pain. That has to be draining in every way. I hope you get some relief soon.

Katie, I've tried the YTU balls and not gotten relief in my hip flexors so hopefully the lacrosse ball will help. I did use the Alpha ball today after my run and could feel it but no release. I know I saw the notification for that GZ video but can't remember if I watched. I'll make sure I do, thanks.

MT, miss you, girl!

Old 03-27-22, 09:29 AM  
MathTeacher

I have a sinus infection. I will post more when I feel better.
Old 03-27-22, 01:02 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I sure hope you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with your dental issues.

MT, hope the infection is short lived for you. Are springtime allergies hitting?

Vannie, hope you can get the hip flexors to free up. Guerilla Zen had a good youtube clip on APT today. I can't remember if this is something that affects you or not.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow. We are supposed to get into the low 70's. First time for the year. I'm going to try to spend as much time outside as I can.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 01:57 PM  
Leonana

My tooth is feeling better. Crossing my fingers it continues to improve.

MT, so sorry about the sinus infection, I hope it clears up soon.

Katie, enjoy your nice weather. We've been in the 90's the past two days, but it's supposed to cool down to 70's for a few days next week. It hasn't been too bad, as it's still 60's in the morning.

Vannie, I use a hard ball for massage, in a way. My massage bar has two hard balls on it, and I roll on it while laying on the floor. I can really dig into the sore spots.
Old 03-27-22, 09:30 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, I'm sorry. Sinus infections are miserable! Hope you feel better soon.

Katie, I do have APT but I think it is slowly improving with all the Caroline Jordan videos. I saw Blake's new upload and will be watching it shortly.

Sherry, that's great that your massage bar has harder balls. I ordered a lacrosse ball and peanut that should arrive the end of the week.

Today the side of my neck felt tight so I used a racquetball to massage it and that worked well and seemed to help. It's softer, more squishy and slightly smaller than the original YTU balls. The racquetball also works well on my tight TFLs. Yay! A friend recommended them and I'm glad I listened and that they're inexpensive.

Tags
matt hsu, upright health