Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-22, 03:39 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I’m glad Cee works so well for you. It’s always fantastic to find the right fit with an instructor. I’m still planning on trying one of her workouts soon.
I'm getting some serious side-eye from my kettlebells, so I don't know how long I'll be sticking with Cee. Figuring out a way to incorporate both over the long term would give me the best of both worlds!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 04:44 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
She does have a "time saving supersets" Playlist! I'm sure she'll add more to those in time!
I did the first workout of 40-4-40 today and I liked it. There were some variations on exercises that I already do that I liked. For example the kickstand deadlift-so much better than a typical SLDL because I can go heavy and not worry about my balance. I think I need to move slower however-I was done with the set before her. I like that there are rests built in. I usually don't rest because I tend to do supersets or a circuit. At the gym when I was lifting heavier I had to force myself to rest because I get antsy and like to move.
I think I am going to continue with this program and sprinkle in a bit of the body weight program I am doing. Maybe do Cee 2X week and the bodyweight stuff 2X week.
Has anyone tried her supersets workouts?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 08:48 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I'm getting some serious side-eye from my kettlebells, so I don't know how long I'll be sticking with Cee. Figuring out a way to incorporate both over the long term would give me the best of both worlds!
Lol! Too many neat things to do, but not enough time!
Old 02-17-22, 10:19 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
I struggle and I don’t work outside the home, so I can imagine it’s difficult. I think I heard from Pahla, or maybe it was Flipping 50, that we lose endurance with the loss of estrogen. For me, I think I get some muscle gain from shorter workouts.
One of the reasons I keep taking it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 09:07 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
I struggle and I don’t work outside the home, so I can imagine it’s difficult. I think I heard from Pahla, or maybe it was Flipping 50, that we lose endurance with the loss of estrogen. For me, I think I get some muscle gain from shorter workouts.
I work from home and it's a struggle -- and I'm 48 and in the thick of perimenopause. The loss of estrogen and progesterone has been huge for me. Just 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life and weighed 152 pounds, lifted weights and did all types of cardio. Fast forward and now I struggle with daily injuries, exhaustion, a 35 lb weight gain, daily joint and muscle aches, numerous health issues. I can't do HRT because of blood clot issues and family breast cancer tendencies so I can attest that the effects of hormone loss are huge.

Once my latest injury heals, I'm going to try her beginner series. I like the slow but heavy approach but have never really given it a try.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 11:38 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I work from home and it's a struggle -- and I'm 48 and in the thick of perimenopause. The loss of estrogen and progesterone has been huge for me. Just 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life and weighed 152 pounds, lifted weights and did all types of cardio. Fast forward and now I struggle with daily injuries, exhaustion, a 35 lb weight gain, daily joint and muscle aches, numerous health issues. I can't do HRT because of blood clot issues and family breast cancer tendencies so I can attest that the effects of hormone loss are huge.

Once my latest injury heals, I'm going to try her beginner series. I like the slow but heavy approach but have never really given it a try.
I’ve been following your comments and have been rooting for you. I didn’t have as many issues as you, but I definitely experienced a loss of endurance. My bp is slightly high, so my GP won’t prescribe estrogen. I hope Cee’s workouts are a benefit for you.
Old 02-18-22, 11:41 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
One of the reasons I keep taking it.
I wish I had known the correct info about estrogen when I went through menopause 12 years ago. I would have started taking it back then.
Old 02-18-22, 11:42 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
I’ve been following your comments and have been rooting for you. I didn’t have as many issues as you, but I definitely experienced a loss of endurance. I hope Cee’s workouts are a benefit for you.
Thanks, Sherry, I really appreciate it. It's been a huge shock to me both mentally and physically because I haven't been prepared at all for it. I'd like to try her approach since I've never done slow and heavy (well, heavy for me that is!).
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 12:40 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just finished the second 40-4-40 workout and was disappointed that there was no core exercise but it had biceps and triceps again. I checked several subsequent workouts in the series to see how they were set up and they all had bicep and tricep exercises. The paper workouts I am used to doing work biceps and triceps sparingly because they focus on the larger muscle groups. I am glad to do them because I typically neglect them but I don't think I need to do them 3x a week. I would rather hit my legs again in the same workout or do a core move.
I am intrigued by her push pull legs program because at least they only work biceps and triceps once a week. Of course I can always skip them in 40-4-40 twice a week and sub something else.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 12:54 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I just finished the second 40-4-40 workout and was disappointed that there was no core exercise but it had biceps and triceps again. I checked several subsequent workouts in the series to see how they were set up and they all had bicep and tricep exercises. The paper workouts I am used to doing work biceps and triceps sparingly because they focus on the larger muscle groups. I am glad to do them because I typically neglect them but I don't think I need to do them 3x a week. I would rather hit my legs again in the same workout or do a core move.
I am intrigued by her push pull legs program because at least they only work biceps and triceps once a week. Of course I can always skip them in 40-4-40 twice a week and sub something else.
I think this series is geared more toward those who aren't advanced. I did finish the 40-4-40 series, but I added an additional leg move at the end of each workout as she focuses more on arms than legs. I've started her PPL program and I'm scheduled to do the first leg workout tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. She does hit the biceps and triceps a lot, but after the 40-4-40 rotation my arms are looking great!

Tags
cheryl coulombe, eccentric weight training, lift with cee, move with cee, over 40, over 50, youtube, youtube strength