Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-22, 06:47 PM  
Mickey12

Jules I totally agree with your assessment of Lauren’s messy middle. I had forgotten that I did some of the Detox 30 practices until your evaluation of that one. I can’t really put my finger on why I don’t enjoy Lauren’s classes, but I just don’t. Travis is my number one and I think he always will be. I’m glad you’re enjoying Inner Dimensions.
Old 01-06-22, 07:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Jules I totally agree with your assessment of Lauren’s messy middle. I had forgotten that I did some of the Detox 30 practices until your evaluation of that one. I can’t really put my finger on why I don’t enjoy Lauren’s classes, but I just don’t. Travis is my number one and I think he always will be. I’m glad you’re enjoying Inner Dimensions.
I second this!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 02:45 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I already have Ultimate Yogi, Yoga 30 for 30, Flexibility & Beyond, Level Up 108, and Short & Sweet.
Jules, when you say you have these, in what form do you have them? Of these I've only seen Ultimate Yogi and Short and Sweet on DVD and I haven't managed to find a Short and Sweet in good shape for a price I'm willing to pay. Does Travis do downloads? I find I don't even do the YouTube workouts I have saved so it doesn't seem likely I'd use a streaming subscription. I'd love to get 30 for 30 on DVD.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 11:48 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Kittybug - I didn't even think about the original UY not being available on ID, but yeah, I think you are right about that being the reason for the rehashed version!

AnMrsDe - It's great to hear that meditation has been beneficial for you! I need to schedule a specific time to do it or it isn't going to happen. Maybe right before bed?

Here is a very quick assessment of the Detox 30 practices I have tried so far:

Start Where You Are: Led by both Travis and Lauren. I enjoyed this one and found it to be intermediate.

Purify: Led by Travis. This one started out easy enough but by the end I was wiped out! There are lots of twists, chaturangas and Breath of Fire. It is a bit longer at 70 minutes. I almost fell asleep during shavasana.

Messy Middle: Led by Lauren. I don't know that I will do this one again. I just don't click with Lauren's teaching style as much as Travis'. I liked the poses in the beginning of this one, but then she went into a couple of fast-paced series and I got irritated because she said inhale/exhale on every single move. It was distracting for me and I had a hard time following along. There were many binding poses that I am not flexible enough to do, so I had to modify a lot. She also kept talking about the title - Messy Middle - and I couldn't stop thinking about how much weight I put on over the holidays. I didn't feel very relaxed or accomplished after this practice.

Bend Don't Break: Led by Travis. I did this one a while back since it is free on YouTube. I don't remember the details, but I thought it was very challenging and I loved the green background.
Thank you!! Of the ones you mentioned, I haven't tried Messy Middle or Purify. I did enjoy the other two also. I find Lauren OK as an instructor but Travis is my main Yogi!

KarenJo: not Jules, but Yoga30for30 is only available as Downloads. It is the series I use the most of Travis'. I'm not sure if it's the 30 min. format, but it seems he/Lauren packs a lot into the 30 minutes and I just love 'em! Well worth the $$ but I do wish they were in DVD format also. If you can find it, Short & Sweet is well worth it to me to have in my collection too. Travis has 3 classes (each progressing in difficulty as well as the music crescendoing) and Lauren has 1 class and they're all done in voice-over. I really enjoy this dvd...they go at a good clip - none of his stories! Maybe that's why I like it so much? HTH.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 12:42 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, AnMrsDe. I really like Travis but need some shorter work from him. Haven't even started my UY due to the lengths and my time right now. Can the download be bought without subscribing? I didn't see a download offered. Maybe I just wasn't looking very well as it was late.

I almost bought a new copy of Short and Sweet recently but it was $50 and I decided that was a bit silly. Someone bought it.

Old 01-07-22, 12:50 PM  
Mickey12

Popping in to respond that I believe 30 for 30 was only available for download for a limited time when it first debuted. (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So, for now, the only way to have access to the program is to subscribe to the streaming site.
Old 01-07-22, 03:39 PM  
Jules

Hi KarenJo. I love Short & Sweet. It features unique, dramatic music that goes perfectly with the moves. I never get tired of it! I only do the 3 practices with Travis. He packs a lot into each 30 minute practice.

Unfortunately, Kim is correct in that 30 for 30 was only available for a limited time as a download. Also Flexibility & Beyond and Level Up. I think the only program he still has available as a download is Power Yoga Gold? I don't have it as it is pretty spendy at $200.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 06:42 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks for the replies. I'll just keep an eye out for Short and Sweet for now. If I
find I really get into Travis' routines, and move up in my yoga level, I'll look at the streaming in the future.

Really, if I compare the cost of Short and Sweet to the cost of streaming to get 30 for 30 instead of comparing it to what I expect to pay for specialty DVDs, the prices aren't that bad.

Tags
inner dimension, travis eliot