Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-21, 11:04 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I'm having a hard time keeping up with narratives (hello, stress) so have gone back to Blown Away, the glassblowing competition show on Netflix (I decided to skip S1 due to aggressive contestants) and The Great Pottery Throw Down now that I have HBO Max.

I had seen S1 of Pottery when it was still on YouTube but the version on HBO Max is so much brighter that you can actually see what's happening. My sister in law was inspired to take up pottery after watching the show and has made several lovely mugs and small dishes. I may have even teared up like Keith when opening my Christmas gift last year
I love Blown Away It's amazing the art they produce on that show! They have a shorter Christmas season that just came out a week or 2 ago. I can also watch Forged in Fire for hours as well. Project Runway, Ink Master...all the shows that show off craftsmanship and artistic ability are just fascinating to me!
Old 12-07-21, 12:21 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I love Blown Away It's amazing the art they produce on that show! They have a shorter Christmas season that just came out a week or 2 ago. I can also watch Forged in Fire for hours as well. Project Runway, Ink Master...all the shows that show off craftsmanship and artistic ability are just fascinating to me!
I watched the Christmas special with my SIL at Thanksgiving which is what reminded me that I hadn't seen all of the series. Project Runway used to be one of my favorites. Face Off, about special effects makeup was really cool too, and the Jim Henson Creature Shop Challenge that sadly only lasted one season.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 01:33 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Binge-watching Elementary, which I’ve never seen before. I Sherlock Holmes and I Jonny Lee Miller, so I’m a happy camper.
I'm glad you like it too. I find it's one I like to re-watch every few years. Parts get a bit intense or dark, but the overall tone is more upbeat than I'd remembered on first viewing.
Old 12-07-21, 03:38 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

We watched all the seasons of the Sopranos in prep for the movie “The Saints of Newark” with James Gandolfini’s son Michael. Wow, forgot how brutal that show was even though we watched it when it aired 20 years ago. James was a really great actor! RIP.

Now we are binge watching all the Dexter seasons while also watching the new season that started airing last month. Another one we’ve already seen but forgot how good (and creepy) it is to watch!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 03:41 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
We watched all the seasons of the Sopranos in prep for the movie “The Saints of Newark” with James Gandolfini’s son Michael. Wow, forgot how brutal that show was even though we watched it when it aired 20 years ago. James was a really great actor! RIP.

Now we are binge watching all the Dexter seasons while also watching the new season that started airing last month. Another one we’ve already seen but forgot how good (and creepy) it is to watch!

I am liking the new season of Dexter. I had to watch a recap of the last season first since I forgot practically everything that happened.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 05:41 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I don't think I would have found the Korean shows I watch if I hadn't gone down the BTS rabbit hole I need to find some time to binge watch In the Soop 2..
Thanks for the links!

I've been wanting to watch Seventeen's In the Soop.
I watched some of BTS' first, but none of the 2nd.
Old 12-07-21, 05:48 PM  
ardnas

Watched the first ep of the new Dexter since it was free on Prime.

Finished Oh My Venus and started another kdrama, My Roommate is a Gumiho.
Old 03-17-22, 12:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I binge-watched Amazon's The Boys. I liked it but cannot recommend it due to severely bad language and over-the-top violence (lots of heads exploding.) Karl Urban is fantastic in it.

I'm currently watching something totally different, La Templanza (The Vineyard) (2021)

It is a 10-part Spanish language historical romance/drama mini-series. It is so beautifully filmed! The score is very haunting. I like that the lovers (once they finally get together) are older. I've read that the dubbing is bad, so watch with subtitles if possible.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-22, 01:09 PM  
Leonana

I’m watching Cobra Kai on Netflix. Cheesy but I think it’s good. It ties in with the movies and the cast, so lots of nice 80’s nostalgia. It also contrasts the different culture of back then to now in a comedic way, so it’s funny too. And lots of karate fighting.
Old 03-17-22, 01:10 PM  
Carol K

I'm going to start season 4 of Seaside Hotel tonight and finish season 3 of Thou Shalt Not Kill this week.

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic