Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-20, 06:20 AM  
suzannaerin

Observation

I'm going to give the benefit of doubt here, but I wanted to point out that some time back, I reported a member for having a quote from a little known pseudo-celeb who is quite partisan/political. I was curious about the name of the person she quoted, so I did a google search.

When I log into VF, the quote disappears from this member's signature. When I don't log into VF, it shows up. IT glitch?

People got up in arms about political discussions relative to COVID, which put the kibosh on all discussions of the topic. It was disappointing because I found the community opinions interesting and I learned a lot about how the pandemic was impacting people across the US. But I got it. It violated the rules.

This quote---in my opinion--violates the rules. It should be reviewed from ALL views.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 06:56 AM  
Demeris

Now I want to troll through every single post to find that quote.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 11:27 AM  
antbuko

If it is the user I think it is, I am logged in and I can see the quote. Had to google who the guy was though.
Old 09-10-20, 11:51 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demeris View Post
now i want to troll through every single post to find that quote.
lol. +1.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 12:12 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
lol. +1.
me too!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 04:35 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I'm going to give the benefit of doubt here, but I wanted to point out that some time back, I reported a member for having a quote from a little known pseudo-celeb who is quite partisan/political. I was curious about the name of the person she quoted, so I did a google search.

When I log into VF, the quote disappears from this member's signature. When I don't log into VF, it shows up. IT glitch?

People got up in arms about political discussions relative to COVID, which put the kibosh on all discussions of the topic. It was disappointing because I found the community opinions interesting and I learned a lot about how the pandemic was impacting people across the US. But I got it. It violated the rules.

This quote---in my opinion--violates the rules. It should be reviewed from ALL views.
so this post tells me that you don't interact with this person much on this forum or you would not be putting this post up and it seems like you have nothing better to do then Tattle on someone that may have a quote that 99% of us on here have not even seen. And just this post alone has been put up to cause trouble and is in reality a political post.

ETA: and apparently it doesn't fit with your political views....surprise, surprise
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 04:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

If I had a quote that was upsetting I would certainly like to be sent a PM before being reported.

Is it possible that you could try that approach?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 04:56 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
so this post tells me that you don't interact with this person much on this forum or you would not be putting this post up and it seems like you have nothing better to do then Tattle on someone that may have a quote that 99% of us on here have not even seen. And just this post alone has been put up to cause trouble and is in reality a political post.

ETA: and apparently it doesn't fit with your political views....surprise, surprise
Agreed
Old 09-10-20, 04:57 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
If I had a quote that was upsetting I would certainly like to be sent a PM before being reported.

Is it possible that you could try that approach?
*this*
Old 09-10-20, 06:10 PM  
jordan

Well, I can’t comment on whether there is a glitch or just something permitted by the settings. You might get an answer if you ask a moderator.

I didn’t participate in the thread you mentioned but if it turned political and became divisive then I can understand why it was closed and it seems so do you. However, it doesn’t seem like the quote you refer to was part of a discussion. It might tell you something about the person but I would think the person has a right to their own beliefs. Unless the quote had some sort of language that the moderators found against the rules than I would think it is okay.

Maybe I’m missing something but it seems like this thread is making the quote a topic of discussion and putting the focus on politics based on the author of the quote. Making this a topic of politics may be a violation. I say agree to disagree with the quote and find something that inspires you.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote