Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-20, 10:25 AM  
Libby

Sports bra straps

Is there a way to keep the straps on my sports bra from loosening up while I'm working out? I've tried sewing up straps in the past but would like to find something easier to do.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 01:31 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Are they the adjustable kind? Do you not like the non-adjustable? I'm quite flat-chested so I stick with the non-adjustable but I know that might not work for everyone!

One thought--is your bra worn out? I know when mine is, it moves around more (at least, certain brands/types do).

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 02:42 PM  
Libby

I'm wearing new Champion Sports bras. I had the same problem with an Under Armor sports bra. I prefer adjustable straps. I had a Champion that didn't have adjustable straps but the shoulder strap stretched out and there was no way to tighten it up. I hate to have to sew all the shoulder straps in place.
Old 08-17-20, 02:55 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

It seems to me if you sew them in place, that's no different than wearing one that doesn't adjust, right? I do feel like bras with crossed straps sometimes work better. Have you tried those?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 08-17-20, 03:17 PM  
Libby

I did in the past and I think they are the best option but I can't get them on and hook them by myself. Have you found one that works for you?
Old 08-17-20, 03:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I buy the sports bras that you just put on over your head like a shirt. They have adjustable straps that are more of a racerback type. I don't have any problems with them loosening or sliding.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 03:47 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Hi Libby! I replied to your post on the Clothing, Equipment, etc Forum with my thought on the SheFit bras. They have adjustable straps but with extremely strong velcro, so the straps do not move once they are adjusted unless you undo them and readjust them. This is for the high impact model. The medium impact one I can't recall off the top of my head how the straps adjust.
Old 08-17-20, 04:24 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I don't know of any personally. I was thinking something like this one though.

I like the Handful bras. They do stretch out over time. Here's one with adjustable straps.

Old 08-17-20, 04:27 PM  
BigBadBetty

Are you sure that you have the right size? If this is happening in new bras, that would be my concern. The straps should not be supporting your breasts. In a well-fitting bra, you should feel supported even if the straps are off your shoulder. Here is a great guide to getting a bra that fits:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFit...eginners_guide
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bra straps, bras, sports bra, sports bras