Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-12, 06:16 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I consider myself to be fairly advanced. I can do all of the push ups from STS on my toes and there are a lot!

But these workouts bothered my wrists and I did not enjoy the challenge at all. I do like to be challenged when I work out. I'm doing Body Beast right now and it is so not easy. But I simply don't like spending so much time in plank position.

I was beginning to think there was something seriously wrong with me because everyone seems to love these and find them addictive. That's the same way I felt about TA.
Old 07-30-12, 06:27 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
But these workouts bothered my wrists and I did not enjoy the challenge at all. I do like to be challenged when I work out. I'm doing Body Beast right now and it is so not easy. But I simply don't like spending so much time in plank position.

I was beginning to think there was something seriously wrong with me because everyone seems to love these and find them addictive. That's the same way I felt about TA.
x2
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 06:31 PM  
Danielle*
VF Supporter

I consider myself intermediate and I've been using Getting Started for over a month and love it. I find it challenging, but at this point I can follow the instructor and no longer need to modify like I did when I first started using it. I like the variety of the 3 different workouts and either combine them or use them as add-ons.

Danielle
Danielle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 06:39 PM  
noraW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I consider myself to be fairly advanced. I can do all of the push ups from STS on my toes and there are a lot!

x3

I don't shy away from intensity but I just did not find these enjoyable. I dread these way more than anyone should dread a workout.

I'm glad lots of folks are enjoying these as Sandra seems like such a sweetheart. These are just not for me.
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 06:45 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
No, you're not alone.
I wasn't going to chime in because I am a high-beginner/starter-over who was trying these out (and should've known better, LOL).

But I found them very, very challenge/impossible to do (I could do most of Getting Started, but not all).
I'll chime in too.

I am a solid intermediate. I've tried both Getting Started and Getting Stronger. I found both workouts boring and hard. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed after hearing all the raves about these and traded them right away.

(On the bright side, I do own core/strength workouts that I enjoy so these will not be missed.)
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 07:17 PM  
runnermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post

(On the bright side, I do own core/strength workouts that I enjoy so these will not be missed.)
Just curious, what core workouts do you like? I just know that if I buy enough core workouts, I might actually do them.
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 07:17 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post

I'm glad lots of folks are enjoying these as Sandra seems like such a sweetheart. These are just not for me.
I agree! If you can enjoy these workouts I know they will do wonderful things for your core. That's why I wanted to like them. Strengthening your core is probably one of the most important things you can achieve from your workouts. I'm actually sad that I didn't like them well enough to stick with them.
Old 07-30-12, 07:26 PM  
buffmama

I have Getting Stronger and Get Rolling. I consider XFactor my Getting Started. Get Rolling is significantly harder than Getting Stronger. I've done it once and haven't gone back yet but will. That said, I like that these are short and you get in and out. Could I handle an hour of a volume? Probably not. And I can't imagine trying them fun. When/if I master Get Rolling I can think about the volume 1. I"m a high intermediate/low advanced exerciser.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 12:15 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have Getting Started, Getting Stronger Volume 1 and 3. I haven't done Volume 3 and only did Volume 1 once (and not well I might add.) These workouts humbled me. While they are not a party in a box I like them.
I agree that Get Rolling is much harder than Getting Stronger. I tried Get Rolling (on loan from another VFer) and was so frustrated with it. I feel like I hardly got a workout because I just couldn't do alot of the moves. It was just too hard so I won't be doing Volume 4 anytime soon as that has alot of work on the ball. I too am a high intermediate/low advanced exerciser.

I like the Getting workouts better than Volume 1 because:
1)They are shorter- you can do one ten minute segment of Getting Started or all three depending on how much time you have. The same with Getting Stronger-it has two 20 minute workouts.
2) It doesn't require any equipment. I hate dragging out my step, body bar and a dumbbell to do Volume 1.

The moves with the body bar in Volume 1 are awkward so near the end I subbed a dumbbell and that worked better. So you don't need a body bar.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 12:20 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia View Post
Oh my.

Thanks, everyone! I also talked to Leslie () about these...she said that Getting Started is the way to begin so that must be the easiest one...however, the variety and price savings of the 101's is tempting ! the more you spend, the more you save, lol!
I hear the 101s are harder but shorter than the volumes but are easier than the Hardcore series. The 101s are also DVD-Rs and show Sandra teaching a class so people walk in and out of the class (alot leave because its just too hard for them! ) This is just going from memory of what I have read so if you have a question about these pop into the HC check in and ask.
I say start with Getting Started. I too thought it would be too easy but believe me it wasn't.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horizontal conditioning