Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-12, 07:20 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Carlashanti, I felt the same way you did; then I did one.

The whole goofy factor got me, too. But then I realized I feel goofy stepping up and down off a step and walking in place with Leslie.

Whta's yet another way to feel goofy.

I thoroughly enjoy These Groove DVDs and they do it for me. I feel relaxed and stretched after I do one, more so than a lot of the stretch DVDs I do.

And I don't do dance DVDs at all.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 08:42 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post

The whole goofy factor got me, too. But then I realized I feel goofy stepping up and down off a step and walking in place with Leslie.

That's a good point. I mean I feel silly fighting an invisible opponent, or jumping up and down repeatedly in the same spot sometimes. I mean if you think of the act of exercising in your living room it's a bit silly looking regardless of what you do. That doesn't stop any of us from doing it, and it shouldn't.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 09:40 AM  
CarlaShanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Carlashanti, I felt the same way you did; then I did one.

I thoroughly enjoy These Groove DVDs and they do it for me. I feel relaxed and stretched after I do one, more so than a lot of the stretch DVDs I do.

And I don't do dance DVDs at all.
OH NO! Don't enable me! You know I'm that close to ordering it or I wouldn't have posted. Gah.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 10:28 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
OH NO! Don't enable me! You know I'm that close to ordering it or I wouldn't have posted. Gah.
Carla - go download the free workout and give it a try. It's a whole genuine workout with about five songs.

I thought I might feel kind of silly too, but I discovered I got way more into it than I expected I would.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 07:33 AM  
gigi

I actually loved the clips but can't stand the workout. I guess it's just not for me. I'll see how much my mom has been using it and put it up for trade if she isn't getting that much use out of it.
Old 07-01-12, 12:24 AM  
Daizyduke

How good of a workout is this? I walk occasionally. Will this do anything for me? Looks really freeing!
Daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 09:58 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizyduke View Post
How good of a workout is this? I walk occasionally. Will this do anything for me? Looks really freeing!
In reverse order, it is freeing. I feel relaxed after doing one. As far as how much of a workout it is, it is what you make it. Throw yourself into it, make larger movements, immerse yourself in the movements/music, then it is quite a workout.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 10:21 AM  
CarlaShanti

I just ordered it. I think if nothing else, it will be good therapy for me to get over the thing I've got about 'dance'. Now to see if I can get hubby to do it with me. Hey, he loves Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 10:37 AM  
Tugger31

"Delicious Dance" is a title I'd never even think to preview the clips for in the first place!! Do you eat while you do the workout??? Guess, that would be timesaver premix, hmmm.....
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 10:51 AM  
Danielle*
VF Supporter

I love this DVD! I've been using 1 or 2 sections as a warmup before Horizontal Conditioning Getting Started. The best thing about this DVD is that I will do it when I'm not motivated to do anything else.

Danielle
Danielle* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delicious dance, misty tripoli