Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-12, 11:49 AM  
Danielle*
VF Supporter

My Dad told me about a hand cream called O'Keeffe's Working Hands. It doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy at all. I also tried it on my heals and it left them feeling really soft.

Danielle
Danielle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:09 PM  
Stephanie_B

LOL about OKeefe's. DH uses it and I have a few times. It works ok but I love that it isn't greasy at all. We got it at Home Depot.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:42 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
This website seems expensive! Unless I'm missing something (which is very possible lol) the cheapeast that I saw was $18. I get the Retin A cream at All Day Chemist for $3 and the gel is only $2.
So I was about to order Retin-A Micro from either All Day Chemistry or In House Pharmacy. All Day is generic stuff, and In House is the real stuff. The price difference is extraordinary, $100. I'll happily buy the generic, but I'm concerned that it might not be as good. I know people have mentioned that there can be quite a difference, and I've experienced differences between brand-name and generics in the past.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular thing?
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 01:52 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
So I was about to order Retin-A Micro from either All Day Chemistry or In House Pharmacy. All Day is generic stuff, and In House is the real stuff. The price difference is extraordinary, $100. I'll happily buy the generic, but I'm concerned that it might not be as good. I know people have mentioned that there can be quite a difference, and I've experienced differences between brand-name and generics in the past.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular thing?
Read my above post. I use the generic and it's wonderful! I noticed improvement in a week!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 02:02 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Read my above post. I use the generic and it's wonderful! I noticed improvement in a week!
Thank you! I missed that, I guess

I'm wanting the gel, I think, and you say you hated it. I feel like the cream will be too much for my skin. Did you have very acne prone skin?
Old 01-11-12, 02:59 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Thank you! I missed that, I guess

I'm wanting the gel, I think, and you say you hated it. I feel like the cream will be too much for my skin. Did you have very acne prone skin?
I HATED the gel!!!!!! It was horrible for me! I have very oily skin so I figured that would be best. Wrong! My skin felt tight like someone put duct tape on it. lol And it was starting to hurt. That was only after 2 times on alternate days. I decided to try the cream and my skin immediately felt better and calm. I thought that I might have to use it on alternate days but I use it everyday without any problems. It works better and faster than Renova which I used a few years ago.

I have extremely oily skin but I don't get breakouts anymore.

Edited to add...get the gel and cream. The shipping is the same regardless so you might as well get the most for your money!
Old 01-11-12, 04:44 PM  
videofit

Quote:
This website seems expensive! Unless I'm missing something (which is very possible lol) the cheapeast that I saw was $18. I get the Retin A cream at All Day Chemist for $3 and the gel is only $2.
But I don't pay $25 just for shipping.
Old 01-11-12, 05:21 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Luckily for me, it will still come out much cheaper. A tube of what I want is $109 dollars, so if I buy several tubes at $5 apiece and $25 shipping, I'm still way below that. I'll definitely try it for that price
Old 01-12-12, 08:49 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Yeah, but you buy 2 tubes and it's only $31 including shipping. The site that you buy from is way more expensive.

Quote:
Luckily for me, it will still come out much cheaper. A tube of what I want is $109 dollars, so if I buy several tubes at $5 apiece and $25 shipping, I'm still way below that. I'll definitely try it for that price
I agree. I considered in In house Pharmacy to buy Retin A but it's just too expensive. All Day Chemist is much cheaper and I received the order in a timely fashion. Many of the people on the Skin Care site order from them as well. It's a really good price for a good product. It's too bad that people spend $100+ dollars when they can spend $3.
Old 01-13-12, 06:27 PM  
kali1

What is BB cream (Blemish Balm), what are the benefits of it and where do you buy it?
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips