Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-21, 05:07 PM  
Gams

OT - Facebook

Okay - granted I’m kind of a cranky pants these days and I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t find my Facebook posts fascinating, but what’s up with everyone posting close ups of their faces using whatever it is that softens their features and changes eye color, etc. and then, of course, everyone posts “You’re so beautiful!” blah, blah. And then they do it again the next day and the next and the next. Drives me nuts.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 05:19 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Okay - granted I’m kind of a cranky pants these days and I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t find my Facebook posts fascinating, but what’s up with everyone posting close ups of their faces using whatever it is that softens their features and changes eye color, etc. and then, of course, everyone posts “You’re so beautiful!” blah, blah. And then they do it again the next day and the next and the next. Drives me nuts.
I agree!!!! You're so not a cranky pants!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 08:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Ok, full disclosure, I admit I am definitely a cranky pants.

I'm at the point that I have no idea why I even look at Facebook since I've blocked so many people for various reasons and many of the ones I haven't blocked don't often post anything I'm interested in.

**Sigh**

---Card Carrying Member of the Sisterhood of the Stay at Home Cranky Pants.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 09:15 PM  
Mickey12

I didn’t realize the photos were augmented at first. One person posted a photo of her little girl and I couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. I mean, she’s really cute in person, but I was in awe of how great the Facebook photo looked. Then I kept seeing photos like this and I finally realized they’re fake. Well, they’re enhanced. But to me they’re fake. I have to keep reminding myself that not only does everyone only post happy/good things, what is posted is highlighted beyond realty.
Old 05-15-21, 09:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

what app do they use to enhance their photos? I've seen snapchat (that one is a few years old).

i use DH's facebook account to get access to VF Roost and other marketplace pages, so I'm out of the loop on these new features.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 10:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Huh. I've never seen anything like that. My FB friends don't do that.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 11:55 PM  
Leonana

I have only one or two FB friends that do that.

What makes me cranky is that FB posts my profile pic in my feed when I change it. Then FB friends like it or compliment me. Which is nice of them, but I don’t want the attention. I really don’t want to announce my new profile pic just because I’ve updated it.
Old 05-16-21, 05:17 AM  
cttx31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I have only one or two FB friends that do that.

What makes me cranky is that FB posts my profile pic in my feed when I change it. Then FB friends like it or compliment me. Which is nice of them, but I don’t want the attention. I really don’t want to announce my new profile pic just because I’ve updated it.
I'm the same way. So when I changed my profile photo, I took steps such that it wouldn't show in other's timelines. Similarly, when I left my job, I didn't want to make a public announcement, but I did want my job status to be accurate on FB. Just google "how to change your profile photo on facebook without notifiying everyone" or similar. Here's one article:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/chang...tifying-anyone
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 08:36 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttx31 View Post
I'm the same way. So when I changed my profile photo, I took steps such that it wouldn't show in other's timelines. Similarly, when I left my job, I didn't want to make a public announcement, but I did want my job status to be accurate on FB. Just google "how to change your profile photo on facebook without notifiying everyone" or similar. Here's one article:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/chang...tifying-anyone
Thanks! I didn’t realize you could do that.
Old 05-16-21, 10:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
what app do they use to enhance their photos? I've seen snapchat (that one is a few years old).
I've never seen anyone use that app on FB either. Curious.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, off topic, off-topic, social media