Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-09-21, 07:09 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - A good mother loves her kids. A GREAT mother loves her teenagers. 5/9

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 07:11 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. I have a few things to get done this morning before I go to pick up lunch. Mom and Dad will come over, and we'll have lobster pasta from a local Italian restaurant on the sun porch. It should be an enjoyable afternoon. Last night, we had a Zoom call with the family.

Paula - It's nice you got to spend time on doing things you love and catching up with friends. That is the best!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-09-21, 08:02 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! Nice mother's day theme!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around outside pulling weeds and mowing the yard for the most part. Maybe a trip to the compost site also. Unfortunately, no mother's day celebration here .

Laura, enjoy your day with your parents and truly give thanks that you still have them! The Mexican food was wonderful - I had a quesadilla - you choose the meat and seasoning package - I chose chicken and standard California package for spicing (cheese, lettuce, sour creme, and tomatoes) and a medium salsa. This place just opened as a full restaurant, now with a bar also and seating - it used to be a walk-in stand that you had to take your meal home to eat. They closed that and started this full place a few months ago - nice that Covid recovery is now allowing us to use the restaurant. Very good food! I also did make it to the senior center yesterday - very nice independent living co-op. I couldn't go there until after Gus passes and I'm past 62, but good to visit and see them from the inside. This place was in a southern suburb of the Twin Cities - not my favorite, but could work.

Paula, did you physically get together with friends or through Zoom? My shoulder is happy Gus didn't see the deer - he would have barked and taken after them! The restaurant was just right for Covid restrictions on size when we were there, but lots coming through the door as we were leaving. I hope they do well!

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 08:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliott and a neighborhood walk with DH. Other than that - grocery day and I baked oatmeal bread.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. I got a good chuckle from the theme 'cuz I mostly was not lovable during my teenage years. My mother used to say I was the most supportive when she went back to college, I was a teen then and in my recollection I wasn't easy so the poor woman had her hands full. I miss her. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day with your Mom.

Anita, Yeah, wish I could celebrate with my Mom too. Glad you enjoyed the Mexican restaurant. Mexican food is a favorite of mine. I got together physically with my friends. We've all had both shots and should be safe. We went to a take out, got lunch, and took it back to my friends condo to eat so we were only around each other. It was fun.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 07:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, putzing around outside, and playing cards online tonight. Yesterday we saw five deer on our walking path and Gus sure did see those! My left arm feels at least 4" longer than the right from him pulling on me .

Paula, yeah, I'm hoping things will relax here back to pretty much normal after everyone gets vaccinated. I think we've got a pretty good group of people in this state getting vaccinated compared to other states I'm hearing about on the news.

Anita
Old 05-10-21, 07:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We had a nice Mother's Day, a pleasant time on the sun porch with good food. Mom was appreciative of what we did for the celebration and I am grateful to still have both my parents. It was nice to have such a beautiful day for it all.

Today, I have a couple of training sessions via Zoom, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. This morning, I want to get caught up on my tasks on the computer.

Anita - The Mexican food sounds sooo good. My parents asked me how I want to celebrate my birthday this week and the idea of having Mexican food came up. It sounds like that senior center isn't the best fit for you, but could work. It's nice to have options.

Paula - Yeah, I was pretty calm as a teenager compared to some, but still wasn't the nicest. Looking back, I am impressed how my parents transitioned throughout my teen years into my 20s from purely parents to parents who were also friends.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-10-21, 10:41 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - We posted pretty close together and I didn't see your today post. I grinned picturing your arms significantly different lengths. Gus says, "You're welcome."

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-10-21, 08:29 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shpaing Day 15 Push (Strength) followed by Tamilee Webb, Floor Stretch.

Dh was working on the plane today so I had time to do some gardening, some sewing, and some shopping. Managed to get back to the mall and get another bra. I am grateful that ordeal is done for a year (I hope). I don't know why buying bras is such a challenge but it always is. As far as I am concerned buying comfortable bras and comfortable shoes is a never ending endeavor. (Could be because I have big boobs and bunions, both make a good fit a challenge - haha).

Anita, California is doing pretty well on the vacine and my county is doing very well. What I see these last couple times going to the mall was things are getting back to normal. Not as crowded as years past, people are wearing masks and keeping social distance, but they are back to shopping. Just a side note, went back to the same Macy's and again the only fitting room open was in the dress dept, again I seemed to be the only one trying on something other than a dressy dress. I thought that would be over after Mother's Day. Again I am mystified where these women are planning to go. Personally I haven't gone anywhere where I would need a dress for over a year and don't expect to do so for many months. What am I missing here? I only went to one store, bought a bra and left. I didn't walk the whole mall, so I can't really say shopping is up all over the mall but the central areas are now open and I saw people strolling.

Laura, so glad you had a nice Mother's Day. DH and I were talking yesterday, remembering Mother's Day activities when we still had our Mom's - bittersweet memories. I so miss them. My mother-in-law as the opposite personality from my mother but they got to be friends and they were both forceful women. As a teenager I was calm compared to some, but my poor Mom was a single parent with three teenagers at the same time and each of us had our moments. She was strong and a treasure for sure. After I got married and moved out she took in a friend of mine who had "issues" with her parents and had no where to go. Later that friend told me when she was raising her kids when something tough came up she'd ask herself "What would Mrs V do?'". I told my mother that and she was so touched, I don't think she knew what a positive impression she made on others.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 07:26 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus again, doing more putzing around outside, and listening to an AARP online seminar this evening on decluttering. I did pick up more plants yesterday that I got planted and was online for my game. I also sent in pictures of my house for the foreign students to take a look at - my iPod is getting so low on the battery even on charging that I had to recharge after three pictures. This doesn't work well, so thinking of getting a new iPod or investing in an iPhone. Unfortunately they won't replace a battery in my iPod.

Laura, glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day! I liked the senior center I looked at, but would likely think more about one closer to my area unless they build another in my area in a few years. They were selling a unit I liked, but it won't be available in 5-6 years when I'm ready for it.

Paula, I'm definitely sticking to specific brands for both the bra and shoe category - love Wacoal bras and Merrill shoes. I haven't worn a dress in over a year either, but still keep all these dresses in my closet just in case they are needed - everything from winter to summer dresses, formal to casual dresses.

Anita
Old 05-11-21, 01:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm tired. It was a busy morning. DH had a doctor's appointment with his GP this morning and I took him. It took a while to get through the appointment. Then, we went across the street to the hospital for a blood test the doctor's office couldn't do, an antibody test for COVID antibodies. Given our health conditions and the immune system depressing drugs we're on, we want to know how our bodies responded to the vaccine. It was interesting that we had to fight for the test at the doctor's appointment. On the way home, we picked up lunch.

We talked to one of my best friends from college. He just got engaged to a woman he has been dating long distance - him in Baltimore and her Los Angeles. They are going to get married on July 24, if all their plans fall together. We are among a small group actually invited to the wedding in person. They are trying to keep it to about 30 and create a casual, but meaningful, experience. I'm not sure where it is in the LA area or if we will go, but, Paula, it's possible that I might be in L.A. in July. Stay tuned.

Anita - Well, once you move into one of those senior areas, you might as well be in an area you like and are familiar with. It will be interesting to hear how things work out with the student.

Paula - Your mom sounds like she was a force to be reckoned with, not in a bad way, just in a way that impacted a lot of people. Congrats on getting the bra shopping done.

Laura's Workout Mantras: