Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-21, 10:00 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I hope this ISN'T significant, but I'm afraid it IS (re:Leslie Sansone) -UPDATE

I got a notice on FB the other day that the "Walk At Home with Leslie Sansone" page changed it name to just "Walk at Home."

I hope that doesn't mean Leslie is handing off leading workouts to the younger generation entirely; but I'm afraid that might be what it means.

It made me

I like Rocky and Nick is OK and so is Brittany, but a lack of Leslie in my life makes me wanna go "waah!"
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:32 PM  
amery

I saw that as well and had the same thought. It makes me sad as well.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 11:35 PM  
kat999

Oh, gosh, I checked and you're right, and it even seems like--at least in the past few months--mentions of Leslie herself are sort of scrubbed off the page. Did she completely sell the business? Or is she simply moving more behind the scenes? If she's still producing and hiring people and in charge of the concept, she could simply have decided not to be the face of the company anymore. But gosh, yes, this makes me sad, too.
Old 01-03-21, 12:35 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The youtube channel is still called Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone. I was watching this video
and someone from her company posted this comment 9 months ago:

Thank you for walking with us! Your kind note about Leslie is so appreciated. Leslie is happy, healthy and still very much involved with Walk at Home. She leads 7 of the 15 Miles in the new Walk 15 Workouts! She is the main instructor in Miracle Miles, 5 Boosted Miles, 5 Mega Miles, 5 Really Big Miles, and dozens more.

Seems like she's decided to take a smaller role. I also read somewhere that her daughter has taken over the business, but I have no idea if that's true.
Old 01-03-21, 07:59 AM  
fitnessjunkie

Yes I notice that too. I miss Leslie. I hope she doesn't retire from doing walking videos. Don't care if she does the same 4 or 8 steps over and over as long as I see and hear her encouraging words and upbeat personality!
fitnessjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 12:23 PM  
kat999

In comments on the FB page, the admins shared a blog post from Leslie that shows pictures of her (helmeted, so you actually can't see her face) riding a moped or something, and she describes spending her time during COVID walking, reading, and donating time and effort to her church and food drives. Yet they won't give a straight answer about whether or not she's fully retired from the business. She reveals turning 60 soon and that she's awaiting the birth of her first grandchild. Perhaps they don't want to close that door in case she decides to get more involved again, but it might also have to do with not wanting to risk herself with filming regulations in the era of COVID; merely by her age, she's at an increased risk if she contracts it, even if she is in better physically fitness shape than the average person her age. The FB commenters are getting a little bit conspiracy theory, though.
Old 01-03-21, 12:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
The FB commenters are getting a little bit conspiracy theory, though.
Maybe she and Richard Simmons have run off together. (just kidding -- hopefully I don't offend anyone)
Old 01-03-21, 01:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Maybe she and Richard Simmons have run off together. (just kidding -- hopefully I don't offend anyone)
LOL! So glad I didn't have coffee (or other liquid) in my mouth when I read this!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:05 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
LOL

But seriously -- wasn't there some speculation that Richard was somewhat being held against his will or it was a matter of elder-abuse? I remember reading something somewhere.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessjunkie View Post
Yes I notice that too. I miss Leslie. I hope she doesn't retire from doing walking videos. Don't care if she does the same 4 or 8 steps over and over as long as I see and hear her encouraging words and upbeat personality!
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
... She reveals turning 60 soon and that she's awaiting the birth of her first grandchild. ...
Finally, after relentlessly pointing out all the grandmas in her crew for years, she will be one herself!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone