Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-19, 09:48 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Josée Lavigueur, I recently tried two of her DVDs (Plus ferme que jamais 2, and Cardio step et tonus), I thought they looked good on preview, but they are actually great workouts, and way more challenging than I thought they would be, the first time I did them I was breathing hard and thinking... Wow, I love it!
I have never heard of Josée before so took a look at her Youtube page. That step/toning workout looks really good! To call my French rusty is an understatement, but she looks like a very clear cuer - using hand cues as well as verbal. I don't think I'd have any problem following. Always on the lookout for good step routines.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 02:30 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Didn’t think I’d like these but love, love, love them:
Michelle Dozois Peak 10: This whole set is really fun to me, time flies.
Tonique: I thought I would be miserable and hating life with all those squats and lunges. Instead, I’m loving all six of the workouts that I recently purchased and Tonique is my new workout obsession. I actually look forward to them (what is wrong with me???)!

Thought I'd love this one, but no:
Piyo. It’s the only workout that I’ve ever returned.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 03:29 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
Didn’t think I’d like these but love, love, love them:
Michelle Dozois Peak 10: This whole set is really fun to me, time flies.
Tonique: I thought I would be miserable and hating life with all those squats and lunges. Instead, I’m loving all six of the workouts that I recently purchased and Tonique is my new workout obsession. I actually look forward to them (what is wrong with me???)!

Thought I'd love this one, but no:
Piyo. It’s the only workout that I’ve ever returned.
I bought a bunch of Toniques when they were on sale for $1. I like the workouts, really like Sylwia, but my wrists can't handle the workouts. I wish they could! (Hey that's great if you find an instructor/workouts that make you look forward to working out!)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Old 09-23-19, 03:42 PM  
marki64

Instructor I didn't think I would like, but do: Linda Wooldridge

Instructors I thought I would like, but didn't: Shaun T. (any Beach Body people. They all are overrated, imo.)
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 04:05 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Instructor I didn't think I would like, but do: Linda Wooldridge

Instructors I thought I would like, but didn't: Shaun T. (any Beach Body people. They all are overrated, imo.)
Linda is an instructor that has been on my radar for a while. I went to her site a long while back - got so confused that I left without buying anything. I should probably try again.

Old 09-23-19, 04:08 PM  
Cybersparkle

I would say Callanetics. Dont do it anymore, but when I first previewed Callanetics Revolution, I honestly thought it was a scam lol

I was used to obvious, full movement (even in yoga you can see something going on) and they were standing there barely moving and I thought,

"No way does this do anything, I have just been taken!"

I decided to try it anyway since I had forked over the $
And, lo and behold, it was actually hard to do and I felt it strongly.

That taught me not to judge a workout by it's preview ever again.

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 04:53 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersparkle View Post
I would say Callanetics. Dont do it anymore, but when I first previewed Callanetics Revolution, I honestly thought it was a scam lol

I was used to obvious, full movement (even in yoga you can see something going on) and they were standing there barely moving and I thought,

"No way does this do anything, I have just been taken!"

I decided to try it anyway since I had forked over the $
And, lo and behold, it was actually hard to do and I felt it strongly.

That taught me not to judge a workout by it's preview ever again.
Interesting! I haven't tried Callanetics - I may give it a try.

Last edited by mtngoat; 09-23-19 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 09-23-19, 05:15 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Interesting! I haven't tried Callanetics - I may give it a try.
Oh, I meant "Evolution" not revolution. Here is a clip that made me so skeptical, but somehow, it works!

https://youtu.be/s3edlzzvSvw

Enjoy

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 05:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
The one instructor that surprised me most after previewing was Leslie. I was surprised how much her Walk Away the Pounds made me sweat! I've always discounted walking workouts as fluff, but I actually found them to be effective and fun. Leslie is OK too....in small doses.

Thought I'd hate them, but loved them: Tony Horton P90X, Leslie Sansone and **Jillian Michaels' early stuff.
Thought I'd love them, but did not like: *Michelle Dozois Peak Fit workouts, **Bob Harper.

*I've always loved and still do Michelle's intermediate level workouts that she created up to her Your Body Breakthrough trilogy.

**I had assumed I would like Bob and not Jillian, but the reverse resulted.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 07:02 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Thought I'd hate them, but loved them: Tony Horton P90X, Leslie Sansone and **Jillian Michaels' early stuff.
Thought I'd love them, but did not like: *Michelle Dozois Peak Fit workouts, **Bob Harper.

*I've always loved and still do Michelle's intermediate level workouts that she created up to her Your Body Breakthrough trilogy.

**I had assumed I would like Bob and not Jillian, but the reverse resulted.
Tony is one of my absolute favorite instructors, so it always makes me happy to hear he has a convert!

Tags
instructors, josee lavigueur, previewing workouts