Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-18, 02:28 PM  
TinaT

It's a process for sure! I've made some great strides over the last 2 years and I don't want to go backwards. Even if maintaining is all I can do for a time, I'm good with that.

I'm also not journaling, weighing & measuring all my foods/intake for a time. Anything close to a stress trigger is on the shelf for a while.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 02:49 PM  
Holly123

Bioidentical Hormones...again

[/QUOTE]
I'm definitely discussing bioidentical hormones with my doctor later in the week.[/QUOTE]

Anna, I would suggest educating yourself about bioidenticals BEFORE talking to your doctor if he/she is a conventional M.D. As a rule, they know very little about anything that isn't being pushed by a pharmaceutical rep. Likely he/she will just hit you with the usual, "we're not sure it's safe since it's made by a compounding pharmacy" i.e., neither the drug company rep or your doctor will get any $$$ for recommending it. Just a cautionary note.
Holly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 03:08 PM  
anetta

Tina:
I don't know if your schedule permits it, but I find that I sleep better if I can get outside and walk even 15 minutes.

Plus Classical Stretch.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 04:34 PM  
desie

Quote:
I would suggest educating yourself about bioidenticals BEFORE talking to your doctor if he/she is a conventional M.D.
I agree with Holly.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 04:40 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly123 View Post
...Anna, I would suggest educating yourself about bioidenticals BEFORE talking to your doctor if he/she is a conventional M.D. ...
Thanks for the advice. It's a learning process for sure.

I'm reasonably certain he's just going to encourage me to talk to my OB-GYN about any adjustments.
Old 10-01-18, 04:42 PM  
mandie123

yep,I agree,although I am post menopausal it still sucks!Even tried bio identical hormone pellets doesn't seem to help.
Old 10-01-18, 05:35 PM  
hotncmom

I am SO confused about menopause, maybe you guys can help. I thought the symptoms only happened leading UP to menopause, but that once you were in full menopause, things go back to normal. It's been almost 2 years since my last period. During peri, which lasted several years, I had bouts of depression, insomnia, and nighttime hot flashes. But all that cleared up and it's been smooth sailing for a long time, but then...the hot flashes are back!! I start off at bedtime just fine, even a little cold, and then sometime during the night I get super hot and I'm in and out of sleep all night, throwing the covers off and on.

I don't even want to think about the extra weight that came on suddenly a few years back and is stubbornly sticking around

Is this normal? How long does this phase last?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 05:53 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
... Is this normal? How long does this phase last?
I get the feeling that everyone's experience of menopause is unique.

Some sail through it with few symptoms, others have trouble for a long time, with every possible variation in between.

The range of what's normal seems to be pretty wide.

It is possible to lose weight, though.

I didn't manage it til I had some of my other symptoms under better regulation. (and now I've hit a new plateau that I'm trying not to grumble about too much, not that I'm succeeding.)
Old 10-01-18, 06:16 PM  
TinaT

I feel better already, knowing I'm in good company. For me, I need to be kind to my body in reference to what workouts look like. Most of my collection has to be modified in some way for me to get use any of them. I'm setting all those aside and using those routines that my body will be energized by at the end.

Classical Stretch is a no brainer for sure. I've been using CS off and on, here and there, for years. But I think making it my primary source of movement with rebounding will be more acceptable to my body.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 07:47 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I feel like I'm in full perimenopause, and likely have been for a few years now (I'm 45). My stomach looks like I'm nine months pregnant, and the two weeks before my period are sheer hell. Extreme breast swelling and pain, can't button my pants, hair loss, horrible sleeping, migraines most of the time, and mood swings. And don't get me started on the weight gain, and complete inability to lose it!

I have tried literally everything in the past few years -- keto, vegan, supplements, bioidenticals, low carb, high intensity workouts, low intensity workouts, basically everything that everyone has mentioned -- and nothing has worked for me. I have spent hours researching what to try, and I've spent at least the last five years constantly trying to help all these symptoms, but it's getting worse each month. I just feel hopeless about these symptoms, especially since nothing's worked and I'm back at square one with an extra 15 pounds directly in my upper body.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bhrt, hrt, menopause