Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-17, 09:40 PM  
fitnessjunkie

Beachbody's YOUv2 with trainer Leandro Carvalho

Upgrade to the New Version of You — YOUv2 Starting May 16th!

Fitness Get Started New

April 8, 2017
youv2_announcement-post

Mark your calendars! On May 16th, it’s your time to shine. If you’ve struggled with your weight and have been searching for a program to get you started, take Super Trainer Leandro Carvalho’s new 4-week journey with YOUv2.

YOUv2 is a fun and easy way to get moving. Just 6 simple, easy-to-follow routines. No fancy moves and no confusing choreography. It’s all about getting you up and moving, and day by day you’ll feel better and better as you become the healthier, happier new version of you.

Curious what to expect in YOUv2?

Get ready to party, sweat, and celebrate. Expect to have lots of fun every time you press play with upbeat, classic party songs from the ’80s and ’90s, an incredible group of ladies of all shapes and sizes, and Leandro’s inspiring motivation. Simply follow Leandro step-by-step in 4 super-simple cardio-dance routines. And, you’ll tighten and tone with 2 body-sculpting workouts. There’s no equipment needed. All you need is YOU! Plus, you’ll get to save the weekends for grocery shopping, meal prepping, and recharging.
There’s so much more to YOUv2.

YOUv2 addresses the whole you, mind and body. The K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) & JUST EAT! Meal Guide is your on-ramp to eating better and feeling better. It’s not a strict diet. It’s designed to help you make small, simple changes over 4 weeks with 4 easy steps. These help you create new healthy habits that will become second nature. You’ll get easy-to-make healthy recipes, too.

YOUv2 includes the Oh Hello YOUv2 Journal to help you set goals, track progress, and note your habits and feelings throughout the journey to discover what sets you back and pushes you forward to the new you.

The Motivational Wall Art Calendar keeps you on track each day, so there’s no need to remember the entire plan all at once. Plus, it’s packed with inspiring quotes and positive reinforcement from Leandro and his ladies to get you excited to keep pressing play.
Music that makes you wanna move!

Oh, yeah. In each 30-minute workout, you’ll get your groove on to timeless party tunes. Here are the workouts, with incredible songs you know and love.

#1. MOVE YOUR BODY – Get ready to shimmy, shake, and strike a pose to “Let’s Get Loud,” originally recorded by Jennifer Lopez.

#2. WORK IT. SHAKE IT! – Put your hardworking attitude into every move of this disco-themed routine as you groove to “She Works Hard For The Money,” originally recorded by Donna Summer.

#3. ROCK IT OUT! – Grab your air guitar, let out that inner rockstar, and dance it out to “Hit Me With Your Best Shot,” originally recorded by Pat Benatar.

#4. SWEAT SENSATION – It’s time for you to shine and party like it’s 1991 to “Good Vibrations,” originally recorded by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

#5. SCULPT SHACK – You’ll learn to love the burn in this total-body cardio-sculpt routine as you tone up to “Love Shack,” originally recorded by The B-52’s.

#6. BELIEVE, ACHIEVE & TONE – Ready to get down? Leandro knows you can crush this mat-based routine after he gets you fired up with “Believe,” originally recorded by Cher.

One fabulous, new you. Two ways to get YOUv2.
1. Stream It

Get the Annual All-Access Beachbody On Demand Membership.*

• Stream YOUv2 workouts from your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or TV for 12 months.
• Get digital versions of the program materials, including the Quick Start Guide, Motivational Wall Art Calendar, K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) & JUST EAT! Meal Guide, and Oh Hello YOUv2 Journal.
• View the kids’ channel feature to show that anyone can do this program and get the whole family moving with you, exclusively on Beachbody On Demand.
• Access all workouts available on Beachbody On Demand, including our newest and most popular programs like Country Heat and CIZE, PLUS all-new releases.
• Access exclusive content, including episodes of the FIXATE cooking show with delicious easy-to-make recipes for weight loss.

Just $8.33 per month billed today as 1 payment of $99.99* for one year.

2. Get the YOUv2 DVD Program

You’ll receive:

• 6 workouts on 2 DVDs
• All program materials, including the Quick Start Guide, Motivational Wall Art Calendar, K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) & JUST EAT! Meal Guide, and Oh Hello YOUv2 Journal. All for $39.90 + s&h.

If you did the numbers on the streaming option, you’d be jumping for joy. You’d actually get access to more than 500 state-of-the-art workout programs… for LESS than what millions of people paid for a SINGLE Beachbody program like P90X! And the best part — with just one click, your fitness goals and results will be LOCKED IN not just for 30 days, but for the next year.

https://www.teambeachbody.com/teambe...BBNL&offer=AH2
fitnessjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 03:39 PM  
pricek

I just finished the preview workout on BOD. It was so much fun!! I smiled the whole way through!! Just a feel good workout... a nice break.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 09:59 AM  
jenn38

I tried it this morning. It was BOD class of the day yesterday. I did about 15 minutes. The music was great and the moves were easy. It's a workout where you can give a little or a lot depending on your mood. Great for beginners.

But it is everything I dislike BB. The set is bright white. One wall has different color motivational saying, one wall has the BeachBody logo and then there is counter with a big Shakeolgy logo on it.

It is the instructor and a bunch of ladies. The trainer has a very big over the top personality and his backgrounders are very hammy for the camera. For me this was a turn off.
Old 04-20-17, 10:01 AM  
sherry7899

Is the music by the original artists or are they cover versions? Just curious Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 02:52 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Is the music by the original artists or are they cover versions? Just curious Thank you!
Sherry, look at the original post. It lists the songs per routine, and the artists they were "originally recorded by". Dead giveaway.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 02:54 PM  
sherry7899

Gina- I thought the same thing- thanks!
I think I will pass.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 04:53 PM  
adrien_73

I learned back in the day when I was a fitness instructor that you can almost NEVER find workout music performed by the original artists. (I'm referring to the CDs for purchase that were recorded with a specific BPM per song for group fitness classes.) Actually, back then, mine were on cassette tapes! The royalties to the artists/performers make it cost prohibitive.

I recall Chalene used to use original artists for the Turbo Kick rounds, and eventually had to stop. That was when I lost interest! I would rather hear a song I do not know at all than a knock-off of one I like.

Luckily, this fact alone will keep my wallet safe!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 09:19 PM  
DEEDEE

With that new design on BOD I can't find the featured workout of the day.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 10:43 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I learned back in the day when I was a fitness instructor that you can almost NEVER find workout music performed by the original artists. (I'm referring to the CDs for purchase that were recorded with a specific BPM per song for group fitness classes.) Actually, back then, mine were on cassette tapes! The royalties to the artists/performers make it cost prohibitive.

I recall Chalene used to use original artists for the Turbo Kick rounds, and eventually had to stop. That was when I lost interest! I would rather hear a song I do not know at all than a knock-off of one I like.

Luckily, this fact alone will keep my wallet safe!
Another reason why I wish I could still find Turbo Kick (other than for $$$ on Ebay!)
Old 05-17-17, 03:43 PM  
ardnas

So does anyone have this?
It looks fun - reminds me of a Richard Simmons workout.
Does each workout only have one vocal song?
While learning the moves is it just generic music?
Is it too easy?

Tags
youv2