Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-16, 08:49 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post

I also was baffled by Tracey Steahle's High Intensity Step Mix and left in the first combo. Extremely puzzling cueing, and I used to teach step, so I figured this one didn't look too bad. Wrong!!
Funny, High Intensity Step Mix is one of my top 3 favorite Step dvds. It's a heart pounding intense workout, but so fun. As said, "one person's Joni O is another persons fave."
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 09:54 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I almost immediately Joni-O'd whichever two Weider Pink workouts I previewed. Also whichever Jessica Smith Walk Strong workout I recently tried. Haven't tried any of the others.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 10:55 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Now *THAT* makes me smile

Joni O ---- still Joni-Os

Did you ever think your name would become a VERB???????

I came close to Joni-Oing one of the TLTs, but took it out politely.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 06:22 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Funny, High Intensity Step Mix is one of my top 3 favorite Step dvds. It's a heart pounding intense workout, but so fun. As said, "one person's Joni O is another persons fave."
I really wanted to like it, but I could not figure out the first combo so I ditched it right away. Do the combos get easier as you go? Maybe I should watch it a few more times and then give it a go again -- I like the music!
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 06:37 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Yea, this workout is heart pounding, intense, with good music, but also boring. At least to me. I do want to reacquire it, just to see if it was me. I remember feeling the same way about Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step. Took a few times, all at different times in my life, and now I love it! I hope it will be the same way for HISM, because I really like Tracey.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 07:45 AM  
carres1973

I wish they had a GOOD "Netflix for Exercise DVDs". Maybe there is such a thing and I just don't know about it? I do know I have well over 100 DVDs and probably actually use 10...part of that is because I don't like to do rotations more than once through; I can't tell you the number of times I have tried to do a second round of CLX! I am always surprised by people who have done "six rounds of 21DF or P90X"...HOW??!! The other reason would be the workouts are just horrid (to me) for any number of reasons. Things like jumping jacks as the first move in a warm-up (I'm looking at you Fe Fit!!) do it immediately.

It would be nice to "rent" one, and if I REALLY like it, then I buy it. I guess it would take away money from people like Mary at TFDVDs though...

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 07:48 AM  
sherry7899

Carrie- there is a company called Kineticflix that rents exercise Dvds for a monthly fee. I am on my kindle so I cannot post a link. I will try to do it later.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 09:07 AM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Carrie- there is a company called Kineticflix that rents exercise Dvds for a monthly fee. I am on my kindle so I cannot post a link. I will try to do it later.
Found it...hooray!
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 10:17 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I really wanted to like it, but I could not figure out the first combo so I ditched it right away. Do the combos get easier as you go? Maybe I should watch it a few more times and then give it a go again -- I like the music!
I catch on fairly quickly to choreography, except Seasun Zeigler. I can't figure her combos out to save my soul. I really like Tracey's because it moves quickly without a lot of Tifting. I usually take a couple combos at a time. I remember taking Christi's Still Steppin out of the player, years ago, because I could get it. But it eventually clicked with me and I learned to like complex.
Old 02-10-16, 10:22 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yea, this workout is heart pounding, intense, with good music, but also boring. At least to me. I do want to reacquire it, just to see if it was me. I remember feeling the same way about Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step. Took a few times, all at different times in my life, and now I love it! I hope it will be the same way for HISM, because I really like Tracey.
I think you should give it a go! The music isn't very good. It is chaptered, so you can cut the combos short, which I usually do, cause my Achilles tendon can't handle an hour of step anymore.

Tags
joni-o, joni-o a video