Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-16, 11:41 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I ordered a Richard Simmons workout that was marked way down on Mary's Total Fitness DVDs site. In the clip the music sounded good, and it looked fun. When I previewed it, the music was still pretty good, and the workout looked OK. But, when I actually tried to do the workout I absolutely could not stand watching Richard Simmons - he was so awkward and so silly, and none of the participants was even following him or the music very well.
Well, SURE!

The guy can't cue to save his life! Neither can good old Denise (in her dance stuff) ... I'm a little sorry I cussed Denise out once, but she was badly cuing an impossible (to me) move.

But Mary did good; that's why the markdown.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 01:00 PM  
marki64

I got a few from my library recently. Michelle D.'s 10 Min. Solution Carb Burner. Nothing like her Peak 10's and Body Fits. What was I thinking? None of the 10 Minutes are any good, imo. KCM's LIFT. Thought I would like the
2nd workout (non Olympic lifting) but very boring.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 01:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
Stepsational- Christi Taylor
I've been going through a lot of my videos and trying to get rid of ones I don't want.
I tried this yesterday and got lost on her dancier moves half way through.
I speed read this and thought it said "Sleepsational"...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 01:47 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
The kickboxing one in Cathe's new ICE series. I really tried to like it, so I think it was about 10 minutes before I ripped it out. I do a lot of kickboxing, mostly ilari's and never have liked any of Cathe's kickboxing. So, why do I think that is going to change?
Whew! that makes me feel better. I wanted more kickboxing workouts, and did the pre-order for ICE simply because it did include kickboxing. But then I had the same thought: If I didn't like her kickboxing before, why would I like it in ICE? So I canceled my pre-order
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 01:58 PM  
andtckrtoo

It's hard to Joni-O streaming but I did my best with Fe Fit Beginners Martial Arts. Man that guy talks too much and it looks as if someone without and martial arts experience asked a martial artist to do a video then told him exactly what to do.
Old 02-09-16, 02:09 PM  
Hilary

I just have to laugh ... in only a few posts, three of my very favorite workouts have been mentioned -- The Hare, StepSational, and ICE Rock 'm Sock 'm Kickbox. What's one person's Joni-O is another's all-time keeper. Just thought I'd mention that so no one thinks that they should toss (or not try) ANY workout without having tested it out for themselves. I know you all know that, but just sayin'.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 02:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I just have to laugh ... in only a few posts, three of my very favorite workouts have been mentioned -- The Hare, StepSational, and ICE Rock 'm Sock 'm Kickbox. What's one person's Joni-O is another's all-time keeper. Just thought I'd mention that so no one thinks that they should toss (or not try) ANY workout without having tested it out for themselves. I know you all know that, but just sayin'.
I agree!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 02:55 PM  
MoFirmer

Mine were a Richard Simmons Disco workout and a Kathy Smith Power Walk workout. I got them for light days and just could NOT finish them! LOL!
Old 02-09-16, 03:46 PM  
Dabbadooey

Kimberley Fowler's yoga and weights...barely lasted 5 minutes.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 03:54 PM  
twinkletoes

JNL
I used to like these workouts when I first got them. They've been on my self for at least 2 years untouched now so I thought I'd try them again. Between all the self-love of her body (rightfully so but tone it down a bit) and Wicked Willy and his twin...Ugh, no...couldn't do it anymore. Took out the disc and got rid of the set.

Tags
joni-o, joni-o a video