Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-16, 02:22 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Videos you have Joni O'd recently. (February 2016 Edition)

I tried Elements Yoga for Energy & Relaxation with Tamal Dodge. I started the Relaxation segment. The instructor is pleasant enough, but I was creeped out by the added heavy breathing on the sound track. (I think I've seen too many slasher films with heavy breathing!) He also moved too quickly for true relaxation.

I don't like poses on all fours and that was what he kept doing. I yanked it out of the player and did a truly relaxing Jane Adams yoga video.

We need a special category for videos that you actually finish, but vow to never do again. The other day I tried another yoga one that I didn't really enjoy: Sura Flow. Again, the instructor was pleasant enough. I did the seated segment. I didn't like it. When it was finished, I felt as if I hadn't done anything at all. Not good.

What have you Joni O'd lately?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 03:32 PM  
deineira

Fun thread...I am looking forward to the responses.

I've been Joni Oing my HDM workouts lately. They've got great music and are just the right intensity, but they also have a lot of repetition. Repetition and I are not friends these days, and these are proving to be a bit repetitive for me right now. I'm sure I'll fall in love with them again, but right now I'm not into TIFTTing so much.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 04:39 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

KCM Cardio/Sculpt Fitness - my notes are that it was ultra-long repeated sets of upper body and the lower body drills were too repetitious

How about, I didn't Joni O it - but I watched it and subbed other moves? That would be KCM Trim Down: Mix #2. I have a note "Every strength move was some kind of squat with some kind of overhead press" and "the boxing drills did not travel" - which totally bored me.

Other than that, the last one I Joni O'd was a few months back: FitPrime & KickButt Parts / 6 Day Trainer - 6 Day Slam / Volume 1 / Bootcamp - it was practically all pushups. Well, it was up to the point I Joni O'd it.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 04:44 PM  
TinierTina

You have to have done the entire thing. Once.
Not ever to have done it again.

Okay, that is definitely a no-brainer: Exhale Core Fusion Lean & Toned

(Not a DVD, but a purchased download that had never been backed up from my former hard drive. #sorrynotsorry I don't have that one anymore ...)

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 11:35 PM  
bfit

I ordered a Richard Simmons workout that was marked way down on Mary's Total Fitness DVDs site. In the clip the music sounded good, and it looked fun. When I previewed it, the music was still pretty good, and the workout looked OK. But, when I actually tried to do the workout I absolutely could not stand watching Richard Simmons - he was so awkward and so silly, and none of the participants was even following him or the music very well.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 04:25 AM  
dlb

Joni-o'd

The Hare.. Immediately pulled up VF & updated my trade list.. Then picked out a new workout for the day..
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 07:57 AM  
Lori_Michigan

And the award for worst cueing in a terrible workout goes to....

The Method Dance to Fitness with Jennifer Kries

I've never stopped a workout sooner than this one; by far the worst purchase I've ever made.

I also was baffled by Tracey Steahle's High Intensity Step Mix and left in the first combo. Extremely puzzling cueing, and I used to teach step, so I figured this one didn't look too bad. Wrong!

IntenSati was a real dud. I made it in five minutes before it was out of the DVD player...

Also SoliBeat -- again, this looked fun in the preview, but the TIFTing and no cueing was not fun at all...

I have a pile that I've deemed in my head as "Joni O"!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 08:46 AM  
sherry7899

Lori- I think Solibeat has a separate tutorial section. I need to check. I remember hating the first combo after the warmup but liking some of the later ones.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 09:19 AM  
Pam

The kickboxing one in Cathe's new ICE series. I really tried to like it, so I think it was about 10 minutes before I ripped it out. I do a lot of kickboxing, mostly ilari's and never have liked any of Cathe's kickboxing. So, why do I think that is going to change?
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 09:38 AM  
Janine

Stepsational- Christi Taylor
I've been going through a lot of my videos and trying to get rid of ones I don't want.
I tried this yesterday and got lost on her dancier moves half way through.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joni-o, joni-o a video