Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-21, 09:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk

It was such a gorgeous spring day yesterday I couldn't resist a short-ish walk with DS after my 2nd shot. I felt fine but I didn't want to push it so we kept it on the short side. Today is another glorious day but I'm feeling achey all over and slight chills so I think rest is probably the best thing unless my symptoms improve later on.

PAT, prayers and best wishes for your surgery today

DONNA, I think I remember my great niece finding a roommate for college that way last year. Good job with LWR.

DIANE, Saratoga Spa State Park sounds lovely.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 05:20 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

I hope everyone is doing well. Yesterday I was able to see two friends after over a year! We are all fully vaccinated but it was so, so strange to not wear a mask. Despite what the CDC says, I'm opting to keep using my mask when I'm in public places. It's more of a security blanket for me.

On that note - the workouts!

Yesterday was my cardio day so I did a spin workout, Power 90 Abs 200, followed by a short Yoga with Kassandra practice.

Did a Bad Yogi "All About Backbends" yesterday afternoon and was amazed at how far I've come since March 2020 with my flexibility. I was always flexible but I'm 63 so you know how that goes!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 07:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

60 kettlebell swings

I did feel back to myself by yesterday afternoon but I didn't want to push it. I did the swings after dinner just for a little activity. I am meeting some friends for lunch today so I'm hoping to fit a walk or workout around that.

DIANE, I'm still being cautious with the masks too. Actually I don't think NJ is totally lifting the mask mandate anyway.

PAT, hope you're recovering well.

Hi DONNA!

Old 05-15-21, 03:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were a little different than what I had been doing this week, but not terribly different for me!

CS 1202 - this was a standing and barre routine
Margaret Richard - My Body of Work - Volume 1 - Program A - this was biceps, deltoids, back, obliques, outer and inner thighs.

And, of course, a walk.

Pat - I hope you are recovering well!

Diane - your workouts are so impressive!!!

Summer Breeze - MD has relaxed mask restrictions except on public transportation, in healthcare settings and in schools. People around here are still wearing masks, and i'm fine w/ that.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 05:18 PM  
amoodygirl

As my husband is busy hogging the TV waiting for the Preakness, I figured I'd pop in and say HI! and note today's workouts:

Pushups
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution Upper Body Strength plus abs
BodyPump 91 Upper Body only - 1 set with heavy weights
30 minute Bad Yogi Upper Body Stretch workout.

Donna I've missed answering a couple of your questions so here goes:
My workouts are just what I've gotten used to since 1989. I'm an old fitness instructor and habits die hard! I come from a family that was, overall, very unhealthy and sickly. I'm determined to not be on any medications (unless it's really necessary). I kind of get a kick out of my doctors' visits when I go in for my yearlies and the nurses taking my chart info say, "you're 63 and no medications?" Everyone smoked, didn't eat particularly healthy and very sedentary. I'm referred to as the "family athlete" and it makes me laugh because I'm so not! I just try to take care of myself. Consistency is the key for me.

Also, my avatar is my precious girl, Wenchie, a Maine Coon, who we lost last March at almost 16 years old. This was a tough loss. Our first kitten adoption and she was a mangy mess when we got her but she blossomed! She was a big girl, too. A dear friend, who passed away suddenly in 2012, loved her and took her photo and then used Photoshop to enhance it. I love big cats, big dogs, and big horses - draft horses - too!

I do rotations but tweak them constantly because I get bored easily. Right now I'm doing Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution rotation, 12 weeks. I alternate days between weight training and cardio but I must do yoga every day - it helps keep me injury-free. I also cross train a lot so I don't get injured. So, my cardio days alternate between a run on the treadmill, elliptical workout, spinning workout, and step. As I'm getting older, it's a challenge to keep the injuries at bay. So far, this has worked well for me. If my husband goes to the park for a run, I come along and ride my bike and harass him! I try to go around the park 3 times and pass him, jeering at him. After 36 years, he's used to my sense of humor!

Have a great evening, everyone! See ya tomorrow!

Diane

Last edited by amoodygirl; 05-15-21 at 05:33 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 05-16-21, 11:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone and thanks for all the well wishes! The surgery went so much better than last time. My new doctor does them at the local hospital's off-campus clinic instead of one of those doctor owned "surgical centers" a/k/a chop shops. He answered all my questions, the team was fantastic and my anesthetist juiced me up real good. I can see now what an A-hole my prior ophthalmologist was. Only problem is I have the flashing lights (temporary, to be expected - that's the incision healing). Sadly I woke up with the filmy thing when I look side to side, same as with the last eye, and the diagonal refraction light. I may have developed the scar tissue behind the implant already.

He told me to keep exercise low key and not lift any weights, do anything requiring bending over and no inversion table for a week. That's okay. I'll probably just walk and do my back PT for the rest of the week.

I have to get off the screen, it's ouchy!!! Keep up the great work ladies and happy Sunday!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 05:01 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today I did a blast from the past workout -

Kathy Smith - New Yoga - I did just the standing portion. I really enjoyed re-visiting this workout. It was from the golden age of videos - when the productions were more elaborate, etc. I do like the "real" feel of You Tube workouts, but sometimes it is nice to do one of these oldies from back in the day when a lot of work went into crafting an exercise video production.

I have been thinking about doing more blast form the past workouts, so Kathy may appear again later this week!

I also walked w/ my DD

Pat - I'm glad this surgery went better - I hope you have good results from it.

Diane - Your family sounds like mine - not very healthy at all..... I'm the only regular exerciser, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 05-17-21, 05:23 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone!

Summer looks like it's trying to break through. Up here, it usually goes from a lovely Spring to a blazing Summer. Nevertheless, after a ton of snow this past Winter, I'll take it!

On to yesterday's workout:
Cardio day so I ran on my treadmill, followed by yoga.
Afternoon - abs (Fitness Blender 10 min.) and then more yoga.

When I'm not doing Bad Yogi, I'm enjoying Yoga with Kassandra and her 10-15 short yoga practices.

Pat - I'm sorry I had no idea you were having any kind of surgery! Sending you healing vibes!

Have a good day, everyone!

Diane
Old 05-17-21, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Ugh - it is Monday and I'm not at all ready for it....

This morning was a gentle one:

Ellen - Pilates Mix - this is a 20 min workout and is new to her streaming site for this month. It is Ellen's take on Pilates, so it isn't for the purist.

I enjoyed it though and will try to fit in some other activity in later today - either a walk or maybe I'll go back to Lucy's Summer Challenge.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their "Moan"day!

Diane - you know, I think I purchased that product from Erin years ago -Perfect Body yoga??? I will have to look. It sounds like something that would work well for me - I can do the yoga in the morning and then fit in a cardio or weights in the evening/afternoon.

Donna
Old 05-17-21, 09:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk for today. We're finally having some warmer May-like weather.

PAT, so happy this surgery went better than the other one. I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly and everything clears up accordingly. Low key sounds like a good plan.

DONNA, I like the sound of Ellen's Pilates Mix and I see some MR in there too. Nice.

DIANE, you seem to be so consistent and varied with your workouts like DONNA. It's served you well.

Tags
jim fixx