Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-21, 07:10 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Inner Dimension Basic Class 2 - 45min. Another good class. Yes, Travis talks a lot again but I have to cut him some slack. It is an instructional class after all. I'm feeling really good right now, but trying to do a yoga class with Oliver is a challenge. He's so funny and affectionate and at the end, we were both on the mat on our backs in shavasana looking at each other. What a great cat and so happy all the time!

Carol, hang in there! Lots of spoiled, selfish, immature people out there who throw temper tantrums and generally misbehave if they don't get their way ALL THE TIME. The sooner in life we learn that it's not all about us, the happier we'll be. Hope your hamstring feels better.

Donna, sorry to hear about the extra workload inherited from your departing coworker but kudos to you to still get your workout in.

I have to go to the office today so I have to start getting ready.

Hi to Linda, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 05-14-21, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was more w/ Lucy - Summer Challenge Day # 5 - which was the cardio/tone workout plus a full body workout. I'm surprised I'm able to stick with this but I think it is the simplicity that appeals to me right now.

I added on Jessica Valent's routine for hip pain - it is about 10 min of Pilates type exercises to strength the hips. I think I found Caroline's Hip Mobility from yesterday to be more helpful.

Yesterday evening DD and I went for a short walk. She is looking for her roommate at college - so interesting how they do things these days - I remember when I went to college you got paired with someone by the school. Now you fill out surveys about yourself and you can "interview" prospective roommates on this "zeemee" platform. Her college will let her bring her pet lizard, so she is trying to find a roommate that would be willing to live w/ a lizard. Quite different from when I went to school.....she found two potential roommates and both of them don't live far from us - so I suggested that maybe they should meet in person somewhere.

Carol - I'm glad the workout helped. I have a similar thing w/ my left glute - I'm left handed so in theory that side should be stronger, but it isn't. I think it is b/c my right side is much tighter and my left side compensates by being overly flexible and mobile.

Dana - how cute about Oliver!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 04:38 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Re: my arm, my dr. wants me on 5 days of prednizone, which makes me nervous. I have the meds but haven't taken them. I've read up on the side effects, and stomach issues are one strong possibility. With IBS and a sensitive system, the last thing I need is something else upsetting that particular apple cart. My dr. said the next step to try is physical therapy. I'm leaning toward skipping the meds, and calling her in a couple of weeks and saying I'm ready for PT.

Donna, that's definitely different than getting a roommate assigned to you, back in the day. I'm thinking getting to meet first might be nice! I hope she finds a great roommate. That sure helps the college experience go well.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 08:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Allaire Back Fitness - Season 1, Episode 3 - 25 minutes;
Caroline Jordan - Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, Part 2 - 15 minutes

I thought the Allaire episode might be a good fit, but there's a lot of hamstring stretching in it, so I think I will pass. I'm thinking I'll try Caroline Sandry's 30 Days to Flat Abs short videos - and I have her 3 DVD Box Set on order from Mary.

I bought Caroline's program to rehab my hamstrings - I need to print it out and get it bound tomorrow at Kinko's.

Brenda - Prednisone is good stuff, if you can handle it.

Dana - Thanks for the encouragement Dana. 9...more...days.

Donna - I didn't know your DD had a lizard! What do your dogs think about the lizard?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 10:20 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Brenda, I may have missed it but did your doctor run any tests or say what actually is wrong with your arm or did he/she go straight to prescribing steroids? I hope you get to the bottom of it and get some relief regardless of what course of action you decide to take.
Old 05-15-21, 12:31 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Thurs/Fri: 90 min. step each day

Dana, she didn't do testing beyond assessing symptoms. It's a pretty classic case of tennis elbow, so she probably didn't think more testing was necessary.

Carol, I'm not quite convinced, but I 100% appreciate your encouragement! I just might try it and see what happens. Potential side effects freak me out, probably more than they should.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 02:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were a little different than what I had been doing this week, but not terribly different for me!

CS 1202 - this was a standing and barre routine
Margaret Richard - My Body of Work - Volume 1 - Program A - this was biceps, deltoids, back, obliques, outer and inner thighs.

And, per usual - outdoor walk.

Brenda - I know what you mean about side effects, but the medication may help reduce the inflammation...and get you on the path to healing. But I know what you mean about being freaked out and not wanting to take anything unless necessary.

Carol - how are you feeling?

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 08:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was:

Caroline Jordan - Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain - 15 minutes;
Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs: Warmup & Level 1 Pilates - 15 minutes

I think this type of work will be my routine for a while; I may add on some short walks to see how that goes. I think it is definitely the Barre3 work that is causing the issue. Not their fault - it's just some weakness in my body that makes me susceptible to injury in this way. The main idea is to strengthen my core and hamstrings and not stretch them very much.

Brenda - Please don't think I'm trying to pressure you on the steroids! If your body doesn't handle them well, you definitely need to factor that into your decision to use or not use. They are powerful medicine. Did your doctor consider a steroid injection instead? That might avoid the stomach issues. Taking off my "medical" hat now. Physical therapy is always good.

Donna - I am still hurting. As Caroline Jordan says, this is a real pain in the butt. And it is. I've ordered a specially designed chair cushion to take to work - apparently that is something that the PT people recommend. Geez, it's the pits getting older.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 09:41 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I don't know what posessed me to pull out Denise Austin's Life360 set and pick her Fat Burning Cardio. I lasted 7 minutes. This set was released what, five years ago? If you told me it was released in the 80's I would have thought that's right. Denise has her audience and followers, but it's not me. Her delivery, instructions and persona (at least in this set) is firmly stuck in Dallas series and Linda Evans (with huge shoulder pads) era.

Cathe's LITE Cardio Party - 39min. Now, we're talking! Cathe's been around forever and yet, her workouts have evolved over the years and her instructions feel up to date.

Brenda and Carol, I hope both of you feel better soon. I started doing a little more yoga and I'm feeling more flexible and less prone to injury lately. I'm planning to keep that up.

Hi to Donna, Linda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 05-16-21, 03:19 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I have that Denise Austin set too..and have never done any of it. It was a gift but I do have permission to trade it. I keep going back and forth trying to decide whether to try first or just trade.

Carol I'm sorry to hear about your hamstring...take care of you!!

Brenda too bad you weren't given some other options to try before physical therapy. I do think you'll need something anti-inflammatory so that the PT can be fruitful. I would call back for tiger options if you're not comfortable with the Prednisone. Do you have an osteopathic doctor available to you?

Trail hiked with husband today and have been doing gardening/yard work and mobility all week. Been busy but all is well.

Hugs to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote