Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-11-21, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! It's a beautiful one here. I'm meeting my niece later for an outdoor lunch later on.

Yesterday featured:

~ Office movement challenge - plies and biceps
~ The Body Electric Workout, chest, triceps, biceps and deltoids
~ Winsor Cardio Pilates - Quick Fix Pilates
~ 6,000 steps

The Pilates wasn't choreographed well, but at least I got some core work in.

I see you're doing the new Lucy Challenge, Donna. Have fun with it! The Recovery Day workout sounds interesting, I bookmarked it, and she has a few of them.

Summer Breeze, I'm so happy that you enjoyed a nice Mother's Day dinner out. You sure deserve it. Enjoy your lunch!

Diane, I hope everything goes well for your husband today. That prep sounds positively awful, three days? Yikes. I can't imagine how you made it through both DH's cleanse and making your cat fast.

Waves to Christina and anyone who visits today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 05:19 AM  
amoodygirl

Good early morning, everyone!

It looks to be a beautiful day! Today's workout:

Cardio day - going to do step, most likely a Jenny Ford.
New Yoga Wednesday at Bad Yogi - she posted a new restorative practice. After running all over God's country yesterday, this is what I need!

Pat Thanks for asking and the positive thoughts! Everything went well with Gerry (DH) and he was so, so happy to eat again! The prep for his last colonoscopy was a normal prep and it didn't do the job. Dr. hit, as I like to call it, a logjam. So, they weren't taking any chances.

My cat had her blood work - it's a specialized test for her pancreas that only Texas A&M can do so I'm a bit stressed about the results but I can't control it so I have to let it go and do whatever I need to do.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 07:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Office movement challenge - squats and triceps
~ Yoga Booty Ballet Light & Easy
~ Bridges, clamshells and leg lifts with hip circle bands
~ 7,000 steps.

I haven't done a YBB in so long. It was so much fun.

Diane, hooray on your DH getting through the dreaded procedure. Fingers crossed for your fur baby. Bad Yogi sounds interesting.

Good morning to all and have a good day!
Old 05-12-21, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

hi!

Quick post for me, today is going to be busy and crazy.

Yesterday I added on:

Lucy Wyndham Read's Summer Challenge Day # 2 - which was the bodyweight/cardio workout of the week and an upper body workout. These take about 20 min or so to complete, so they are nice add-ons/bursts to do throughout the day.

Outdoor walk w/ DD and doggie!

Today, so far has been:

Lucy's Summer Challenge Day # 3 - which was the 11 min cardio/tone and a leg workout (7 min).

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Every Body.

I have been missing Pilates lately, and I need to add it in to keep my body aligned.

Anyway - sorry for the quick post...hope to be back later...

waves,

Donna

Pat - love YBB!!!

Diane - glad your DH is done w/ all that!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a long day at work....our co-worker who left on Friday left behind a huge mess. She must have known she was leaving b/c I don't think she did any work at all in April. This is our busiest time of year, too, so it is that much worse b/c of the timing. So, suffice it to say, I got nothing else done besides my morning workout.

Today, I started off w/ Lucy Wyndham Read's summer challenge - today was the 11 Min Cardio/Tone followed by a 7 min glute focused workout. The simplicity of following this routine and even doing the same workout every day (the cardio/tone you repeat every day for 6 days) is really helpful right now as i don't have a lot mental energy to figure out what workout to do. These are most like Slim in 6/Slim Series -they are high rep/body weight exercises and those tend to agree with my body more so than doing heavy weights. Also it is nice that they only take 20 min to do b/c if I feel like doing something else in the morning, I can usually find 20 min to fit in the challenge workouts during the day.

I finished w/ a hip mobility routine from Caroline Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_6KQkAnUw

This was different from what I'm used to doing, but it did feel effective - a bit of activation as well as stretch.

Diane - what is your typical rotation? You seem to get a lot of variety in!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-13-21, 08:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday was "a day" at the office and after work was a nice massage, so it seemed like the right time for a rest day.

Donna - that former co-worker sounds like a real piece of work. I'm happy that Lucy is helping you get through. This Caroline Jordan sounds like a gem, thank you for that link, and I need to try some of her workouts soon!

I'm going in for my second cataract surgery tomorrow. I had complications with the first one so I'm pretty darn nervous.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-13-21, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

55 minute outdoor walk
80 kettlebell swings

Today is my 2nd moderna shot so not sure what/if I'll do for exercise. I should be able to get a walk in but you never know.

PAT, nice job keeping up with your challenge and activities. Hope you had a nice lunch with your niece. ETA -- Good luck with your cataract surgery tomorrow! I can understand your nervousness. Sending hugs and prayers!

DONNA, evening walks are relaxing. It just needs to warm up a little more for me but I think that's coming soon. ETA -- Ugh, sorry about your slacking co-worker. Unacceptable.

DIANE, so glad DH's colonoscopy is done!
What a prep Hope your kitty is ok too.

Waves. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Good luck, Pat! I hope all goes well. I'm really glad I tried Caroline out, I had heard about her over the years but never tried one of her workouts. These days I feel that my workouts are more about prehab and rehab than anything else!

Summer Breeze - Good luck w/ your second shot. At least it will be over!

Donna
Old 05-13-21, 11:18 AM  
amoodygirl

Good afternoon everyone!

Today's workout:
Pushups (descending a la Cathe)
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution - Leg strength day
A Bad Yogi 40 min. yoga practice.

Then, DH wanted to go for a run so we went to Saratoga Spa State Park - he ran and I biked.

More yoga this afternoon (short).

Thank you Summer Breeze - we are happy it's over! As far as Riley's (cat) blood work, still don't know the results although it was overnighted and delivered to Texas A&M yesterday. She doesn't seem sick but she is ravenous. This is why the vet thinks she is having absorption issues.

We lost our 16 year old, very, very loved and very precious Maine Coon girl, Wenchie, in March 2020 to a similar pancreatic issue plus she was diabetic on top of it. Losing her broke our hearts. We have 4 others left so for that I'm thankful. My vet said what are the chances of 2 with the same disease in the same house! They are not related so it's very strange.

Nevertheless, have a wonderful day, everyone!!! Summer is around the corner!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was more w/ Lucy - Summer Challenge Day # 5 - which was the cardio/tone workout plus a full body workout. I'm surprised I'm able to stick with this but I think it is the simplicity that appeals to me right now.

I added on Jessica Valent's routine for hip pain - it is about 10 min of Pilates type exercises to strength the hips. I think I found Caroline's Hip Mobility from yesterday to be more helpful.

Yesterday evening DD and I went for a short walk. She is looking for her roommate at college - so interesting how they do things these days - I remember when I went to college you got paired with someone by the school. Now you fill out surveys about yourself and you can "interview" prospective roommates on this "zeemee" platform. Her college will let her bring her pet lizard, so she is trying to find a roommate that would be willing to live w/ a lizard. Quite different from when I went to school.....she found two potential roommates and both of them don't live far from us - so I suggested that maybe they should meet in person somewhere.

Diane - is the cat in your avatar a Maine Coon? I love big cats and big dogs! LOL!

Pat - good luck today!

Waves, everyone -

Donna

Tags
jim fixx