Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-29-21, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

~~~ MAY ~~~

“Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years. Happy birthday!” (author unknown)

1 - Back stretches and inversion table; GYM for recumbent and weight machines for lower body, back and chest; Jane Adams Gentle Yoga "Standing Poses, Flow and Traditional"; 6,293 steps.

2 - GYM for recumbent bike, elliptical cross trainer, and a dumbbell workout for arms; back PT and 5,846 steps.

3 - One mile lunch walk; office movement challenge - squats and calves; 6,270 steps.

4 - PT, two mile walk to osprey nest; 8,169 steps.

5 - Office movement challenge - plies and deltoids; LWR Seven Minute At Home Feel Good Workout; Ellen's Shape Bikini Ready Fast; 7,043 steps.

6 - Office movement challenge - static lunges and back; LWR 7 Minute Belly Fat Workout; 5,624 steps.

7 - Kassandra's 30 minute Yin Yoga with Affirmations for Self-Love & Healing; 4,338 steps.

8 - Back therapy; beach walk; 6,501 steps.

9 - Mother's Day nature walks with DS; back therapy; 7,587 steps.

10 - Office movement challenge - plies and biceps; The Body Electric Workout, chest, triceps, biceps and deltoids; Winsor Cardio Pilates - Quick Fix Pilates; 5,920 steps.

11 - Office movement challenge - squats and triceps; YBB Light & Easy; PT with hip circle; 7,316 steps.

12 - Nothing formal/rest day; 4,675 steps.

13 - Part of a Caroline Jordan 10 minute low impact cardio; can't remember if I did anything else but probably not; 5,235 steps.

14 - Cataract surgery day.

15 - Rest and recovery day.

16 - Rest and recovery day.

17 - Rest and recovery day.

18 - Easy going beach walk; 3,970 steps.

19 - Post-work walk around neighborhood; 6,710 steps.

20 - Another nice walk around the neighborhood; back therapy; 6,445 steps.

21 - Office movement challenge - squats and flexband pulldowns; lunch walk; 7,661 steps.

22 - Back PT; GYM for 20 minutes recumbent bike and 20 minutes arc trainer; 6,225 steps.

23 - Just housework and a lot of back stretching. Why don't you get any steps for housework? Blah. 3,212 steps.

24 - Office movement challenge - static lunges and back; Tracey Mallet's Pilates Super Sculpt, Total Body Warm-Up; walk around the neighborhood; 7,632 steps.

25 - Office movement challenge - plies and biceps; Pilates Super Sculpt - Classic Abs Series; one mile walk around neighborhood; 7,471 steps.

26 - Rest day, 3,035 steps.

27 - Office movement challenge - lunges and triceps; lunch walk; neighborhood walk; 10,011 steps.

28 - Rest and reading day; 3,103 steps.

29 - GYM for 40 minute weight machines - lower body, chest, shoulders and back; 5,085 steps.

30 - GYM for 10 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes recumbent bike, bis, tris and abductors; 4,244 steps.

31 - Winsor Abs Sculpting Pilates (original series); walk around neighborhood; 5,301 steps.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 01:55 PM  
Dontmindthemess

May 2021~that really snuck up on me!

1. Nothing Went out to lunch after work.
2. Tracy Anderson Streaming Fundamental 4/28 I signed up for the free 14 day trial and did the intermediate workout. It was hard! One workout is posted for beginner, intermediate and advanced each week and the idea is to do that workout all week. Fundamentals is an hour and the first 15 mins are those freestyle arms, without weights and then with 3lb weights. The rest is mat work wearing ankle weights. I wore 1 lb and that was plenty. Surprisingly Tracy is doing a million reps like on the dvds and the speed is intentional. Tracy does a lot of plank style exercises so the core and upper body is really working throughout. It was a little different than I expected, less like her dvd offerings and more like a cross between those and Tonique mat work. Some of her combos reminded me of Barlates exercises too. No talking but there’s a separate video that breaks down the moves, it was very helpful to watch that first.
3.Yvette Fit #102 W/U only (10 min) + TA Fundamental 4/28 Did a little cardio warmup before Tracy. I can’t see myself doing her dance cardio. Just a side note, I watched part of one of her cardios and whatever flooring she has in that studio is super springy! It’s like a gymnastics mat bounce but on a hardwood style floor. I’ve really let myself get out of what I call “push-up shape” which makes this workout even tougher.
4. SanFran low impact bounce (25 min) + TA Fundamental 4/28 I feel like I need to “learn” rebounder moves and this was a good workout for the basics https://youtu.be/s8gI-ob1OxMI can do some things fine but anything choreographed gets me lost somehow. I really want to master it because it’s great for after work when jumping does not feel good on my body. I can still get a good sweat without jarring my body. I felt so much stronger today with Tracy and I can definitely see the logic of doing the same workout for a week because each day the workout is easier but I’m more sore.
5. TA Fundamental 4/28 No cardio today.
6. SanFran Intermediate Rebounder workout 4/9/21 (25 min) + TA Fundamental 5/5 I’m still working to master the rebounder, I feel like I’m a half beat behind sometimes but I’m sure it’ll click eventually. This was all requested favorite moves, two circuits with each circuit being repeated once before moving on. I goes by quickly and I got a decent calorie burn for such a quick workout. 183 for essentially a 20 min workout with a little stretch. I had to do a little rewinding with Tracy since this was the new workout. The first day is just learning the moves for me. The exercises are interesting and they don’t go on forever before switching it up. I’m not going to lie, I’m really enjoying these and they have that meditative quality to them. I’m tempted to treat myself to a full month after my trial.
7. TA Fundamental 5/5 Just Tracy today. Lots of weight transfer moves in this week’s workout.
8. TA Fundamental 5/5 The third day doing Tracy’s workout seems to be the day I master the moves.
9. Rest
10. TA Fundamental 5/5 I really enjoy the streaming version of TA, I just can’t justify the cost. I’m going to try cheaper alternatives
11. Rest
12. Romney Studios Bounce 5/5/21 I bought a new rebounder, a 44 inch Leaps and Rebounder. It has a firmer bounce and what a difference that makes. I can keep up now!
13. Montana Method Tramp and Tone 5/3/21 Signed up for a trial of Montana Method which seems a little TA like, kind of similar to Romney but the mat work looks different, more up and down off the floor. There’s also a class that utilizes a chair in a very interesting looking way. This was a 48 min workout, the first 30 was all trampoline, each song was like a different track and light weights were used in one song. The last 15 minutes were light weights for upper body, lower body that used the trampoline as a barre and finishes up with Abs on the trampoline. The instructor was a guy, and he had good energy and an excellent playlist. I had a little trouble hearing his cuing over the music but it didn’t affect the workout too much. This would be a great workout for a work day, it was like a solid intermediate. Also finished up the mulch today! I still have more work, I haven’t planted any veggies yet but I’ll get there.
14-18. Lots of yard work and a few trampoline workouts I did lots of planting and vegetable bed clean up. I still have a bit more to do but I feel like the back yard is at least under control now. Promised myself that I would only buy what I would plant that same day or the next.
19. MM Tramp & Tone 5/17/21 (32 min) + The Mashup 5/17/21 (41 min) Today I did the cardio only part of T&T then followed it with most of the Mashup, skipping the warm up and short cardio dance segment. There’s a couple of songs for upper body using 3 pound weights then it’s the real meat of the workout. This segment uses a regular folding chair, ankle weights (I used 1lb) and a small ball for core. The chair is used really creatively, not just as a barre. For example there’s a move where you you a leg lift in plank (hands on the seat) the kick through with the same leg with one hand on the seat bending to get your butt almost to the floor. I really enjoy these Montana Method workouts, they’re challenging in spots but doable. The music is good and the moves are done in time to the music, usually a 4 count move. My complaints are that the instructors do not use a microphone so it’s hard to hear them over the music and they seem like they take a lot of breaks, especially in the trampoline ones. These workouts are all about 45-50 minutes so they’re not going forever.
20. MM Tramp & Tone 5/10 (22 min) and TA Fundamental 5/19 Okay, I signed up for a month of TA Streaming. I just really like the flow of these workouts and the way they leave me feeling. They’re challenging and doable and they work my core just how I like. They remind me of Tonique but without the dread factor. I’m planning on adding some cardio most days. I just couldn’t help myself and this one was really sweaty!!
21-26. TA Streaming I had two rest days in there too. I’m still doing yard work, it feels like it’ll never end. I planted a lime light hydrangea this week and added topsoil and mulched that area. Our neighbor paid to remove a cluster of three of our oak trees between our homes. They are getting solar and that the trees blocked the sun on their side. I’m glad to be rid of the acorns but that spot needed something.
27. Yvette Fit #114 Step Bodyweight Kettlebell 70 min I wanted to do something super sweaty and cardio heavy today. I lowered my step to one riser, Yvette and crew use two, and I sure didn’t wear weighted gloves. I was willing to make the thrusters a little harder to have the step a little easier. Most of the workout cycles through a thruster or plank exercise, step recovery, harder step, then 15 reps of a kettlebell exercise. Thankfully the last section is core on the floor. 532 calories.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 10:10 PM  
Tammie M

May

1 - Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Express: Super Challenge - Mile 2 + Amy Dixon Women's Health: Total Workout in Ten! - Upper Body + Ageless with Kathy Smith Staying Strong - Arms & Stretch
2 - Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Express: Super Challenge - Mile 3 + Amy Dixon Women's Health: Total Workout in Ten! - Cardio + Ageless with Kathy Smith Staying Strong - Glutes & Stretch
3 - Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Express: Super Challenge - Mile 4 + Amy Dixon Women's Health: Total Workout in Ten! - Power Core + Ageless with Kathy Smith Staying Strong - Core
4 - Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Express: Walk Strong + Amy Dixon Women's Health: Total Workout in Ten! - Flexibility & Balance
5 - Ageless with Kathy Smith Total Body Turnaround - Total Circuit + The Method: Dynamic Toning - Upper Body Toning
6 - Ageless with Kathy Smith Total Body Turnaround - Total Energy + The Method: Dynamic Toning - Core Toning
10 - Ageless with Kathy Smith Total Body Turnaround - Total Balance + The Method: Dynamic Toning - Total Body
11 - Amy Dixon Women's Health: Perfect Body Workout - Strength Training + Dancing With The Stars: Fat-Burning Cardio Dance - Hustle & Pop
12 - Amy Dixon Women's Health: Perfect Body Workout - Core & More + Dancing With The Stars: Fat-Burning Cardio Dance - Hollywood Jazz
13 - Amy Dixon Women's Health: Perfect Body Workout - Cardio + Dancing With The Stars: Fat-Burning Cardio Dance - Mambo Mix
14 - Gin Miller Barbell Blast
17 - Karen Gentz X-TrainFit Toning - Upper + The New Method 20/20: Target Toning - Workout 1
18 - Karen Gentz X-TrainFit Toning - Lower + The New Method 20/20: Target Toning - Workout 2
19 - Karen Gentz X-TrainFit Toning - Core
20 - Sharon Money-Twombly Zero to Sixty Adrenaline Rush - Adrenaline Cardio
21 - James Crossley Get Fit At 40+ - Full Body Workout + Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch for Beginners - Total Body Stretch for Beginners
22 - Kelly Coffey-Meyer Cardio Kick Step-Boxing - Vertical Step Mix + Tamilee Webb Beginner's Stretch for Flexibility
27 - Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step 2 - step workout
28 - Margaret Richard High Voltage
29 - Victoria Johnson Cardio Dance Jam + Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step 2 - Totally Cool Pilates & Yoga workouts
30 - Joyce Vedral Bone-Building Body-Shaping Workout - Day 1 + Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga for Balance Flexibility and Mobility - flow 4 Total Body
31 - Joyce Vedral Bone-Building Body-Shaping Workout - Day 2 + Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga for Balance Flexibility and Mobility - flow 2
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 04:46 AM  
Elsie

Cool

May is Here !!! And so am I, as the move got moved ahead to August.

1. Total Body w Livelyladies 25 mins; Adductor work
2. Late night outdoor walk 75 mins; Boost my Walk w Livelyladies 24 mins
3. Low impact Walk w Livelyladies 15 mins; quick upper body mobility
4. No w/o
5. Upper body + cardio w Livelyladies 35 mins; extra tricep work
6. Low impact cardio w Livelyladies 20 mins; rows
7. No w/o
8. No w/o, very weak legs
9. Just ball body rolling/massage
10. 80 min outside walk; very quick fat-loss w/o w Livelyladies; obliques add-on
11. Cardio for Beginners w Mill Hoy 30 mins; 7 min single dumbbell amrap.
12. 15 minutes of steady state with added light weight arm/chest moves
13. No w/o
14. Restorative Yoga
15. Gentle walk w Barlates; 6 min standing core w FitnessType
16. Sizzling hot Aerobics +sculpting w Denise Austin on YT (skipped over abs)
17. 1 mile walk w Livelyladies; Yoga & Upper back mobility; quick barre abs
18. Nothing
19. "
20. "
21. "
22. "
23. Feel good cardio w Livelyladies
24. Restorative yoga; plie squats
25. HiiT Walk w Livelyladies
26. Total body walk w Livelyladies; tried stability ball abs work LOL.
27. No w/o
28. Low impact Walk w Livelyladies
29. All floor yoga practice
30. Mish mash: low impact cardio Livelyladies; around the worlds; stretchy yoga; qigong meditation
31. No W/o
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 07:14 AM  
Dancing Queen

Post Moving in May!

Cardio Total: 26.7 min/day (last month 33.6 min/day; PR = 55.4 May '20)
Strength Total: 10.7 min/day (last month 10.7 min/day; PR = 17.2 Aug '20)
Yoga/Meditation Total: 19.0 min/day (last month 19.5 min/day; PR = 47.7 Mar '20)

Word for the Year: Flourish

1 4 min PT, 8 min meditation
2 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
3 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Connecticut), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
4 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Massachusetts), 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
5 Gina B. 10-Minute Latin Walkouts (Warmup, Flamenco), Gina B. Power Walk through the 70s (Walk 1, Cool Down), 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
6 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Maryland), SHAPE Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink Core Challenge, 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
7 Gina B. Power Walk through the 70s (Warmup, Walks 2 and 3, Cool Down), 4 min PT, 9 min meditation, PREVENTION Easy Healing Stretches (Feet and Calves)
8 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (South Carolina), 4 min PT, 17 min meditation
9 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
10 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (New Hampshire), 4 min PT, 9 min meditation, Shiva Rea Meditations (Prana Flow Meditation 1)
11 Jessica 5 Fat-Burning Miles (Belly, Buns, and Thighs Walk), 3 min BowFlex elliptical stepper, YBB Sculpt (Strength), 10 min PT, 11 min meditation
12 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Virginia), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation, Sara Ivanhoe CRUNCH Candlelight Yoga
13 Jessica 6-Mile Mix (Speed Walk, Steady Burn), YBB Abs and Core Strength, 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
14 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (New York), QuickFix Core/Abs Vol. 3 (Core Combinations), 4 min PT, 10 min meditation, Shiva Rea Meditations (Opening Meditation)
15 Jessica 5 Mix and Match Miles (2 Quick Miles), 10 min PT, 17 min meditation
16 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
17 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (North Carolina), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation, Yoga Zone Fat Burning Yoga (Practice 2)
18 Jessica Walk Strong 3 (Cardio Step Jam), 10 min PT, 10 min meditation
19 6 min dance party, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Rhode Island), Hemalayaa Beautiful Belly, 4 min PT, 12 min meditation
20 13 min dance party, Jessica 15-Minute Fast Blasts (Belly Blaster, Fast Fat Burn), 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
21 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Vermont), 10 min PT, 11 min meditation
22 Jenny Ford Checkout Workout (Cardio Intervals), Jari Love Get Ripped, 10 min PT, 4 min meditation
23 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
24 3 min dance party, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Kentucky), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation, Jenny Ford Checkout Workout (Stretch)
25 9 min dance party, Cathe Travel Fit, 10 min PT, 10 min meditation
26 13 min dance party, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Tennessee), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation, Yoga Zone Yoga Sculpting (Practice 1)
27 Cathe Perfect 30 HIIT (Low-Impact), Tonya Larson Pure Pump (Workout 1, Meditations on Perfection and Joy + Satisfaction), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
28 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Ohio), 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
29 Cathe Perfect 30 HIIT (High-Impact), Tonya Larson Pure Pump (Workout 2, Abs and Core), 10 min PT, 18 min meditation
30 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
31 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Louisiana), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation, Yoga Zone Yoga Sculpting (Practice 2)
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 09:47 AM  
amg

May

1. Rest
2. Rest
3. Cathe Bodyweight and Bands
4. Turbo Jam Cardio Party
Old 05-08-21, 12:23 PM  
AnMrsDe

Pat ~ “Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years. Happy birthday!” (author unknown). Haha, I'm taking your great quote to wish you a HB!! Hope it's great!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND TO ALL OUR MOMS OF HUMANS, AND/OR FUR BABIES, ALIKE!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 02:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Happy Birthday, Pat!!!

And everyone of us has mothered something at one time or another so...

Happy Mothering!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 02:27 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Happy birthday Pat!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! Have a great one!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 09:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you for the birthday love. I really appreciate it.

Happy Mother's Day to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts