Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-21, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sunday was Ellen's new Fat Burning Fusion II - on her streaming site - I really enjoy this one. It is 45 minutes and has good energy- that is the only way to describe it - and that is a very Ellen-ish description, but it works.

DD and I also walked yesterday, it was very warm outside - and we weren't quite used to it so we cut it a bit short.

Today, so far was:

Ellen - Modern interval
Blessful Body/Ky - Pilates for Hip and Low Back tension (You Tube).

I'm getting my vaccine later today - I may follow Ellen's schedule for this week, it is very vaccine friendly. With low key workouts Tuesday and Wed and a day off on Thursday.

My DH had his second shot on Saturday - he had a sore arm and some fatigue yesterday, but nothing major.

Pat - I'm glad you found the You Tube workout for Caroline! I didn't get back to post it! She has a lot of good looking routines that seem to have a bit of PT infused into them. I was thinking of doing that routine or parts of it a few times a week. I do need to stabilize my hips and turn on my glutes.

Summer Breeze - Nice job getting out to walk! I'm sorry about the stress, hopefully things are settling down.

Christina - welcome back!!

Waves, Rose!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I am hoping for another walk today. I do have some errands this morning and my sister is visiting later but I'll try to fit something in.

PAT, good job with some gym work and yoga. We were downright summery yesterday, in the 80s.

DONNA, Ellen sounds like a good plan this week. Good luck with your second shot today! I go for my 2nd on the 13th

Hi to CHRISTINA & ROSE.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day!

Yesterday featured another gym workout with recumbent bike, elliptical cross trainer, and a dumbbell workout for arms. Also did some back PT and 6,000 steps for the day.

So I tried a Dr. Praeger's "Perfect Burger," Dr. P's take on the Beyond Meat products. It was kind of weird - I'm used to tasting black beans or veggies in a plant burger, but it was kind of bland and had a creepy texture. If it helps people consume less meat, that's a good thing. Maybe I'll try other products until I find a winner. The biggest benefit I could see is that they are dense enough to withstand being grilled; most veggie burgers would fall apart.

Donna, good luck with the vaccine today. Ellen sounds like a good way to keep up your exercise program afterward. I think Caroline's workouts will complement Lucy's. I haven't been doing LWR the last few weeks and notice that I'm losing strength in the whole glute/hip/core area.

Summer Breeze, enjoy your visit later and your walk today if you get out there. It seems a bit cooler than yesterday.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I never did get around to my walk yesterday. Just a busy day and some spritzes here and there. When I finally had a block of time after dinner it started raining. I will try again today.

PAT, another nice gym day for you. DS' gf is a vegetarian and she brought over veggie burgers from Whole Foods one time but I can't remember the brand, maybe it was Whole Foods brand? They were very good.

DONNA, thinking of you and hoping your vaccine went well yesterday!

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 05-04-21, 10:18 AM  
donnamp

Oh my goodness, the 2nd vaccine really threw me for a loop. Fever, chills, headache, you name it. I have been in bed all day...ugh.

Hopefully I will start to feel better, I feel accomplished that I was able to sit up....so maybe there is hope!

Donna
Old 05-04-21, 11:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

DONNA, so sorry to hear about your side effects! I hope it passes quickly and you feel better soon {{hugs}} DS has similar effects after his second moderna shot and he was fine the next day. Hoping the same for you.
Old 05-04-21, 11:54 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Oh my goodness, the 2nd vaccine really threw me for a loop. Fever, chills, headache, you name it. I have been in bed all day...ugh.

Hopefully I will start to feel better, I feel accomplished that I was able to sit up....so maybe there is hope!

Donna
After my second shot, I took Tylenol (recommended to not take any NSAIDS with Covid vaccines) and drank a ton of fluids. I was very tired but the chills and aches were minimal. I credit the Tylenol.

Nevertheless, congrats!!!! I feel some sense of relief now that my husband and I are fully vaccinated.

Feel better! Side effects don't last long.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 06:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling more normal this morning - still a bit off, headache and just general malaise but better than yesterday. it was like having the flu for 36 hours.

I'm going to work today- if I had to go in the office I'd probably take another day off, but I could probably manage to sit upright in front of my computer at home today.

amoodygirl - thanks, I did drink a ton of water before and after my shot. I didn't go for the Tylenol right away but I did succumb to it finally when I couldn't take it any more. It would wear off after 4 hours and then all the symptoms would come back....I haven't had a Tylenol since last night so I think I'm over the worst of it.

No workout yet for me - maybe this evening something on the floor, we shall see.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-05-21, 07:14 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
HI haven't had a Tylenol since last night so I think I'm over the worst of it.

Donna
Glad you're feeling better. Believe me, this is far better to endure than actually having Covid. My cousin died in November from Covid. She and her daughter did everything right but the maintenance workers in her building (Hoboken, NJ) did not. Knowingly went to work having tested positive and refusing to wear a mask.

By tomorrow or the day after, this will be a distant memory! Stay well, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 08:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute afternoon walk
30 minute evening walk

DS came over for dinner and we decided for a walk afterwards in addition to my earlier walk. Good thing because I think today is a washout.

DONNA, glad you are feeling a bit better.
I think resting for a few days is probably best. Sending you continued recovery thoughts and prayers.

DIANE, oh I'm so sorry about your cousin!
That's criminal what those maintenance workers did {hugs}

HI, PAT ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day everyone!

Tags
jim fixx