Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-21, 07:36 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - At the end of a spring day, you should smell like dirt. May 2

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 07:46 AM  
sciencelady

Yay! I was able to post without a 500 error!

Thanks, Laura, for creating the title post last week - certainly used that this morning!

Planning on walking Gus - hope to get that done before it rains here for the day. Yesterday, we got into the high 80's - almost 90! Still dissipating the heat in my house through open windows and fans. This week we'll be closer to normal with temps in the high 50's to low 60's. Gus will be happier! Otherwise putzing around here - I can use my walkway to the back yard from the garage now - painting is nice and dry! So mowing, bringing in dirt, weeding, etc. is all on my list. Grocery run today or tomorrow also.

Paula, I watched the trapeze show online - bit disappointed with the feed quality as they had 5-10 second freezes several times during a performance - and lots of shorter spasms in stopping the video during the rest - didn't make for a nice smooth video of a performance and missed lots of tricks .

Laura, hope you had a wonderful anniversary dinner with DH .

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
Old 05-02-21, 10:06 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - About 10 minutes ago, it occurred to me:

- Sunday ---------> THREAD!

- Anita ---------> 500 ERROR!

I was thrilled to log on and find that you could post! And I'm glad the list of themes came in handy. I would have been using it myself, if you hadn't started the thread.

In a few minutes, we'll go over to Mom and Dad's for lunch. Dad and I will each cook a version of the same pasta dish. Dad's will be with gluten and mine will be for DH without gluten. Dad and I enjoy our time standing side-by-side and talking while we cook.

There's a reason DH and I call this "the second holiday season". Last week was our anniversary, next weekend is Mother's Day, the next week is my birthday and 9 days later is Mom's birthday. That doesn't count the other 7-8 birthdays of friends and other family members. And graduations. And Memorial Day. All within a month, give or take.

Anita - Congrats on the walkway being painted. It's nice to be able to use it. It's good you'll be cooler in the coming days.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 08:22 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga Relax and Restore plus a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery Day otherwise. I did bake two loaves of zuchinni bread today. Oh and I cleaned the master bathroom. So I guess I did smell like dirt (or cleaning product) when I was done.

Anita, congratulations on getting rid of the 500 error. Good the sidewalk is done before the rain begins again. Hope you and Gus got that walk in.

Laura, what a wonderful picture - you and your Dad cooking side by side. Sigh, I miss my Mother though she wasn't much for cooking. Some of my favorite memories is cooking with my sisters and brother. My brother is a good cook and he likes it, which is good because his wife doesn't.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 07:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus today in this nice cool weather . I've called the tree sprayer that was trying to come last week and let them know my walkway is now painted and dried - it really does look nice, if I say so myself! My friends will be coming over at 8 pm tonight for their sleepover - don't know how late they normally stay up, but it will likely be a short night for me. My favorite parking lot plant stand is opening today so will stop by to pick up some baskets and annual plants. I also need to pick up some top soil to fix divots in my yard from old tree roots from removed trees that are rotting away and leaving divots in my lawn. So nice outdoor day planned .

Laura, sounds like you have a good month ahead with loved ones! May must be the best month for you!

Paula, it's been a few weeks since I've cleaned deeply on my floor, but I've spent the last week cleaning the downstairs for my friends. My mom hated cooking also - as a chemistry professor, she wished she could invent a pill for a meal for us . Zucchini bread sounds like an end of summer bread - now strawberries and rhubarb would be more seasonal!

Anita
Old 05-03-21, 07:44 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 8 Strength followed by 1 short yoga stretch with Kassandra. It was a nice day so DH and I went to Chino Hills State Park and did some hiking.

Anita, hope you and Gus got in a nice walk. Have fun with your friends, so nice to have people visiting.
Old 05-03-21, 08:13 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm not sure where today went. I was supposed to have a session this morning and I put it off. This client was robbed this weekend by someone who had come over to help her pack and she was distraught, had hardly slept the last couple of nights. She wasn't going to take in anything I said and so I told her to take a couple of days and get some sleep and get things straightened out. I've been making Christmas cards recently, and I finished this round of card making this evening. We both were going to get a lot done on taxes today, but we both were tired after not sleeping last night and so we didn't accomplish that. Maybe tomorrow.

Anita - Hope your time with your friends was good, even if it was short. It sounds like the walk turned out really good.

Paula - Zucchini bread. Yum! Glad you got out today. We had a day that included periods of hard rain throughout much of the day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-04-21, 07:05 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I have a two-hour session with one of my newer training clients. She is job searching and wants to upgrade her software skills. We'll do PowerPoint in the first hour and Excel in the second hour. This afternoon, I have a grocery store pickup. I hope to get stuff done around the house around those specific times.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-04-21, 08:39 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around outdoors working on the yard. My friends came over last night for their overnight stay and just left after breakfast - I'm glad I was able to help them with a place to stay as their house is worked on to replace the furnace and deal with the asbestos. Gus did well with them, but wouldn't even try the stairs to go down and meet them - that's why I'm trying the glucosamine/chondroitin supplement for him as I think arthritis is affecting his back. He can only take the deck stairs down right now, which makes trying to stain the deck and keeping him off it a bit of a problem right now.

Paula, sounds like a nice hiking day!

Laura, your poor client! Sorry she got robbed - any way to track her stuff if reported to police for this? Good luck with the new client! And good luck finishing your taxes!

Anita
Old 05-04-21, 09:04 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Adriene - Flexibility followed by Pahla B Body Shaping Day 9 Recovery Stretch.

Had a putz day, baked some sourdough rolls, sewed some, and did some shopping. First world problem, we shop at Ralphs once a week, I like them for everything except the baking aisle. I used to go to Albertsons for flour and other baking stuff but Albertsons has now closed. So now just to get organic flour I have to go to Whole Foods (commonly known as whole paycheck) and pay more. However, I'm not going to give up baking so it's to Whole Foods I must go.

Laura, I"m so sorry to hear about your client getting robbed. What a betrayal to be robbed by a friend. Good work getting your Christmas cards made now, you'll be grateful in December. The person you had the training with this morning - was that the same person who was robbed? Anyway, that's a long taining session, hope it went well.

Anita, I know you're a vet a more knowledgeable than I about dogs but when Maya got old and had arthritis the vet recommended a baby asprin. When she was having a bad day, I'd crush one into her food and she seemed to do better. The asprin really seemed to help. Glad you enjoyed the time with your friends.