Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-21, 09:31 PM  
Helen

Ordered just the DVDs
Have multiple booty loops & long loops already - and available locally if my current versions need replacing.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 06:01 AM  
IceQueen07

So undecided if I should just order the dvds and bands or just the dvds and hope to find good ones on Amazon. Never ordered any Cathe equipment so don't know if the quality if worth the extra $, especially with having to pay shipping.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 01:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

If i wanted to order Arena Body Bands from Amazon, would the following be comparable to the Boss Bands that Cathe is offering? or maybe someone could suggest a different fabric body band?

https://www.amazon.com/Arena-Strengt...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

i already have fabric booty bands that i like, so all i need are the fabric body bands and the DVDs. it would be cheaper for me to just get the DVDs and buy fabric body bands from Amazon.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 01:14 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
If i wanted to order Arena Body Bands from Amazon, would the following be comparable to the Boss Bands that Cathe is offering? or maybe someone could suggest a different fabric body band?

https://www.amazon.com/Arena-Strengt...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

i already have fabric booty bands that i like, so all i need are the fabric body bands and the DVDs. it would be cheaper for me to just get the DVDs and buy fabric body bands from Amazon.
i have these bands and can not recommend them. after the first use they become rippled and wavy. i can still use them but i don't think they are as strong as they used to be. i feel like with each use the resistance diminishes.

i have both these long ones and their booty bands and i'm sorry i spent so much money on them. they should really cost about $20-$25.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 02:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

schoolgirl, thanks.

for the record, i have the fabric Victorem booty bands set which i like a lot. i see that Victorem has a set of fabric body bands for around $26 with free prime shipping - i will look at the reviews. here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Victorem-Fabr...9898159&sr=8-6

i also thought that if i get the DVDs, I'll watch Cathe's boss bands workout and assess whether regular resistance bands with handles might be adapted to the workout. i have a whole collection of beachbody bands with handles in different strengths.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-01-21, 03:28 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
schoolgirl, thanks.

for the record, i have the fabric Victorem booty bands set which i like a lot. i see that Victorem has a set of fabric body bands for around $26 with free prime shipping - i will look at the reviews. here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Victorem-Fabr...9898159&sr=8-6

i also thought that if i get the DVDs, I'll watch Cathe's boss bands workout and assess whether regular resistance bands with handles might be adapted to the workout. i have a whole collection of beachbody bands with handles in different strengths.
thanks for the link, i'll check those out. i also have lots of regular resistance bands which might be able to work for most things except those booty band moves.

i'm waiting it out to see what daily deals i might want before i order. i'm super torn about buying the bands only because of the shipping on top of the pre-order it get really expensive.

i'm sure they are good quality bands - the last thing Cathe every wants is an unhappy customer. she really take customer service to heart.

i might just buy it to give the continued support to Cathe she's one of the few quality fitness personalities that still puts out dvds - that is worth something to me.
Old 05-01-21, 05:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
thanks for the link, i'll check those out. i also have lots of regular resistance bands which might be able to work for most things except those booty band moves.
these are the victorem fabric booty bands that i have - it came as a set. i love them and they're in great condition after having owned them a few years, and using them off and on:

https://www.amazon.com/Victorem-Boot...NrPXRydWU&th=1

i have the sky blue, pink and mint set. i purchased them just to intensify my Leslie workouts and basic floor work.

Old 05-01-21, 05:39 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
these are the victorem fabric booty bands that i have - it came as a set. i love them and they're in great condition after having owned them a few years, and using them off and on:

i have the sky blue, pink and mint set. i purchased them just to intensify my Leslie workouts and basic floor work.
schoolgirl-01,

I don't have the victorem booty bands that bzar linked to but some of the reviews mention the issue you* seem to be wanting to avoid--that the stronger loops are smaller in circumference and the other loops get larger in circumference based on their level of resistance. There are photos illustrating this so I can definitely see why it could create issues.

*Edited to add: sorry, I am confusing you with pharma_gal who was the one who posted previously about wanting to avoid the issue of loops of different circumference.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 05:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

adawn, it's true about the circumference, but i'm honestly content with 2 of the 3 booty bands, and it's still a good value.

i rarely have to make it more intense by increasing the resistance. I'm able to get by with just the middle one, and it's plenty of resistance. i am usually perspiring after a brief session (like 15 min straight).

sometimes you need the length of the larger circumference for different moves, so that's a point to consider.

Old 05-01-21, 06:00 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:

thank you for the link. i'll have to check them out - i have an amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. i'm not sure if the different sizes will work since i have rather large thighs - it might be the motivation i need to slim the thighs down some.

Tags
boss bands, boss bands total body, boss loops, boss loops glutes core, cathe, cathe equipment, cathe presale