22:16 Shoulder Stability Plank Series

23:45 Weighted Clamshells [External Hip Rotation]

24:24 Frog Heel Press

25:09 Reverse Tabletop Triceps Press Ups

25:51 Weighted Roll Downs

17:16 Serratus Crunch Series

28:22 Bridge and Hip Lift Series

30:24 Weighted Bird Dog Reach

31:23 Kneeling Spine Extension (Camel Pose)

Extremely short cooldown and stretch, as with the other strength workouts in this series. A separate 5 minute bonus stretch is included, plus there are the shorter mobility workouts included in the series.
Old 03-28-21, 06:47 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Thank you Leslie! I was just thinking I wish the guide came with a list of exercises for each workout.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 07:06 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

I was wondering if anyone has any updates on this set? Do you still like it? Thumbs up or thumbs down? Would you recommend to someone considering this for the next rotation? How is it going?
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 07:46 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has any updates on this set? Do you still like it? Thumbs up or thumbs down? Would you recommend to someone considering this for the next rotation? How is it going?
I did like it a lot but I returned it for a refund. We modified way down but my daughter and I still had severe DOMS. For me, $97 is too much money for a 'maybe someday' system.

If it were <$50, I probably would have kept it.

My only complaint is that the music is too quiet.

If you're looking for a challenge and like Jessica, I'd say go for it.
Old 04-30-21, 08:04 AM  
Leonana

It was similar for me, even with modifying. I did four weeks, and took a break. I’ve been doing Walk Strong 1, which is more my speed.

The positives were that I did see more definition in my muscles. I also slept better, I was so relaxed. It worked all the stress out of me. I’m using heavier weights in WS1, L&S increased my strength.

Negative was that it was draining and I had no energy to do anything else. I also struggled with my eating, because I needed energy. I struggled with figuring out how to lose weight. Now that I’m doing less intense workouts, I eat less and I’m finally losing. Not that you can’t lose with Lift and Shift, I just didn’t figure it out. Also, the mobility workouts weren’t a favorite, I like her other yoga and stretch better.

I decided to keep it. I like doing a challenging workout each week. Once I complete the six weeks of WS1, I’ll probably incorporate one to two of the strength workouts per week. I think Pahla Bowers recommends one push workout per week, then moderate and light the rest of the week for women over 50. That seems to work for me at age 61.

In the JS FB group, there is a group doing the program who love it and have been doing it for eight weeks now. I think it depends on what you are looking for.
Old 04-30-21, 08:34 AM  
laurajhawk

I did five weeks of the program - took about seven weeks to do it, I think; when I'd miss a workout for whatever reason I just picked up where I left off. I like it a LOT but I wasn't getting enough yoga (my first love) so starting this week I'm continuing the program, but just doing two of the "main" weight workouts per week and alternating with yoga. I do get DOMS but it isn't severe; I wasn't trying for weight loss but have lost a little (might have more to do with the season). I really enjoy this program.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 08:53 AM  
TinaT

I watched the clip and it does look great. I understand why she wasn't able to have access to having this system put on dvd. ... for now.. wink, wink. But why the limited access/time line? Why not keep availablity open? Are those who purchased a test group? I don't get it.

My hope is that Jessica gain access once more to a dvd production company so that it can be an option. I would consider it for sure and hopefully the price would come down a bit once she opens it up for purchase permanently.

I'm a pretty patient person so waiting isn't a big deal for me. I'll enjoy reading all your reviews until then.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 09:17 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I watched the clip and it does look great. I understand why she wasn't able to have access to having this system put on dvd. ... for now.. wink, wink. But why the limited access/time line? Why not keep availablity open? Are those who purchased a test group? I don't get it.

My hope is that Jessica gain access once more to a dvd production company so that it can be an option. I would consider it for sure and hopefully the price would come down a bit once she opens it up for purchase permanently.

I'm a pretty patient peron so waiting isn't a big deal for me. I'll enjoy reading all your reviews until then.
I’m with ya, Tina. Still holding out on the hopes that Jessica publishes these on DVD!
Old 04-30-21, 10:40 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post

I'm a pretty patient person so waiting isn't a big deal for me. I'll enjoy reading all your reviews until then.
According to her email or website (can't remember which), it was due to the accountability portion. She wanted to interact with everyone doing the program in the check in. My guess is she wanted to answer posts in just one of the check ins - months one, two or three. If people joined at different times, you would have people checking in at all three posts simultaneously.

I can understand why people are frustrated at not being able to buy it when they like. But like you, I'm a patient person. I'm usually a go with the flow type person with instructors and their decisions.
Old 04-30-21, 11:48 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I had mixed feelings about this program, so I did eventually end up getting a refund. For me the cons outweighed the pros.

Pros
  • It's Jessica, and I usually love everything she does. Have 95 percent of her workouts, with the exception of her earliest releases.
  • Jessica uses some heavy poundage and looks great!

Cons
  • Purple Player Platform and streaming didn't always work for me.
  • Price point...too high!
  • Workouts were not available on DVD.
  • Longer workouts that weren't all easy to cut in half.
  • Repeating circuits became boring.
  • Not all workouts were heavy lifting. Some were endurance based. Some odd mobility exercises.
  • 90 Day commitment to do entire rotation as intended. Dread inducing.
  • Needed to add more stretching, warmup or cooldown.
  • Even one cardio workout would have been nice.
  • I felt exhausted doing the longer workouts and lacked energy some days.
  • Music volume too low and pretty lackluster.
  • Set was small, dark in some workouts (backlit.)
  • Could not always see Jessica's form and wished she'd turned to the side.
  • Exercises could have been better instructed, explained. Some odd exercise choices.
  • No background exercisers. Visually would have been more appealing.
  • Motivational speak could have been more fitness focused.
  • Feel this program wasn't ready to be released, as it was. Something felt not quite finished.
  • Content wasn't what I expected. Didn't feel it was a comprehensive program.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eccentric weight training, jessica smith, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith strength, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews, purple player, streaming reviews, streaming workouts, strength rotation