Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-21, 09:01 AM  
wendug

Funny article about background exercisers

This article had me laughing so hard! Thanks to Rachel Handler for writing this!

https://www.vulture.com/2021/04/an-o...out-video.html

I've never done this set as Jillian is not a preferred instructor of mine, but the writer is spot on about Jillian, "Jillian’s best quality is her randomly inspired, randomly directed rage." Ha!

Enjoy!
Old 04-06-21, 10:13 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Oh my gosh, I used to hang out with this group via the BR Phase 1 DVD a few years ago and she sums up my thoughts very accurately

Thanks for posting--that gave me a good laugh,

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 10:25 AM  
Leonana

That was hilarious. When I first started working out at home, I did 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism. It seemed to me that Jillian loved Natalie, but was snippy with Anita. I used to wonder what Anita had done lol.
Old 04-06-21, 11:06 AM  
laurajhawk

That is HILARIOUS and cements my desire to never do a Jillian Michaels workout as long as I live.
It also makes me want to invent stories about backgrounders, but I'm doing Lift & Shift right now, so that's just Peanut.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 11:23 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

That's funny! Thanks for the link.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 11:37 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
That is HILARIOUS and cements my desire to never do a Jillian Michaels workout as long as I live.
It also makes me want to invent stories about backgrounders, but I'm doing Lift & Shift right now, so that's just Peanut.
I had a couple Jillian workouts years ago and I DREADED doing them. I just do not mesh with her personality.

And I also want to invent stories about background exercisers. I want them to have really unique lives.
Old 04-06-21, 03:25 PM  
kat999

This is so, so funny. I still do a bunch of different JM videos, and I think she relishes having what she thinks of as funny/cruel interactions with everyone. In the Lift & Shred video, the dude didn't set the right weights up or something so she tortures him throughout by making him lift heavier. I'm sure it's all scripted and planned, and it does get old after umpteen repetitions of the video, but sometimes it all still makes me chuckle.
Old 04-06-21, 04:28 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

That is so great! I loved the caption under the picture of David: This is David.
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 06:21 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

What a great article! I remember this series very well. I actually like Jillian's workouts. I also did Body Shred.

I think Kenta shows up on Mike Donavanik's streaming channel. I did not keep that subscription for long--it's a little tough for me.

It is funny how you can see instructors show up in various workouts.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 08:38 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I add in Jessica's walks for cardio, so this morning my journal was about Debbie and Beth. I won't copy it here because it's long and bits of it were kinda' mean (but I pulled back - I just have a sarcastic sense of humor!). Debbie is the "power behind the throne", married to a real estate mogul (bc I imagine all the "sets" are in her house so it must be huge! but she's too relaxed to be the mogul herself). Beth's kids are in college and she doesn't know where to direct her excess energy anymore. It was fun to write.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, humor, instructors, jillian michaels